News: Roger Goodell is reportedly 'furious' about a major adjustment to his next contract with the NFL

morasp

Reaction score
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is reportedly "furious" over potential changes to his next contract with the league.

According to ESPN's Seth Wickersham and Don Van Natta Jr., Jerry Jones and other NFL owners have been adamant that Goodell's next contract have less guaranteed money and be more focused on performance-based compensation.

"He feels as if the owners have made a lot of money and he should be compensated accordingly," a source told ESPN. "The incentives thing really angers him."

Tensions were already high around league offices regarding Goodell's next deal, as Cowboys owner Jerry Jones reportedly threatened a lawsuit against the league and some team owners in order to have a bigger say in the commissioner's next contract.

It appears that other owners are also frustrated with Goodell, with issues like ongoing player protests and dwindling television ratings. However, there are also seemingly enough owner for the two-thirds vote needed to approve Goodell's contract.

http://www.businessinsider.com/roger-goodell-furious-contract-jerry-jones-2017-11

ShortRound

Reaction score
This is the plot for Godfather 3, Goodell is Joey Zaza.

"I say to all of you, I have been treated this day, with no respect. I've earned you all money. I've made you rich, and I asked for little. Good. You will not give, I'll take! As for Don Corleone, well he makes it, very clear to me today, that he is my enemy. You must choose between us."
―Joey Zasa[src]

Fontaine

Reaction score
Can't understand how he still has a job to be honest. Just look at the debacles he's been a part of or started, combine that with ratings being down, I honestly don't understand how owners haven't pushed to replace him.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I love Goodell tears

giphy.gif

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, he feels he should be paid a guaranteed contract because the owners make money hand over first?

The players probably wouldn't mind a guaranteed contract for the same reason.

Sounds like Rog just realized he's an inmate right along with the players.