Twitter: Roland McClain requesting reinstatement? **merged**

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Totally forgot about him, but would stay away. Was a talented player that could have been much more if he was reliable to get on the field.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Forbes. It's been years. But he was no dummy. He had an upbringing similar to dez. Raised by drug addled mom. Grew up in poverty in very rough neighborhood. Whereas Dez was extroverted, romac was very introverted. He stays to himself and doesn't like the limelight. He shares my love of fishing.

Why would Forbes publish a story on mental pygmies such as Dez and McClain? Just curious.
I like fishing but I use a carrizo and earth worms, nothing high falutin like your fishing.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
How is he only 29? lol but you guys shouldn't be so hard on him yeah he wasn't a team guy and made some mistakes but there's a chance he's just matured some since then people can change it does happen, hope for the best for him. Not like he'd be coming here anyways although a little depth never hurt anybody.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I would absolutely bring him in and take a look. If he is in good shape, to me that means he is serious and has been working hard with the thought of coming back. If he isn’t, release his rights. What does it hurt to get a free look at him in training camp and assess whether or not he can still play and if he has matured. Don’t like what you see, cut him. He isn’t signing for more than vet minimum and 1 year. If he has anything left, he could be decent depth behind all three LB spots. I know it’s a long shot and bordering on being a total joke. He may be just trying to get publicity for something he has coming up but owning his rights, I’d bring him in and do my due diligence on him. Again, it’s a free look and you can cut ties whenever you want with no cap hit to speak of.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Sign him for depth and give him a few snaps when Vander Esch needs a breather

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I would absolutely bring him in and take a look. If he is in good shape, to me that means he is serious and has been working hard with the thought of coming back. If he isn’t, release his rights. What does it hurt to get a free look at him in training camp and assess whether or not he can still play and if he has matured. Don’t like what you see, cut him. He isn’t signing for more than vet minimum and 1 year. If he has anything left, he could be decent depth behind all three LB spots. I know it’s a long shot and bordering on being a total joke. He may be just trying to get publicity for something he has coming up but owning his rights, I’d bring him in and do my due diligence on him. Again, it’s a free look and you can cut ties whenever you want with no cap hit to speak of.

If RoMo is 70% of what he was when he last played, a group of Jaylon, LVE, Lee, RoMo, and Thomas would be insane.

That's 5 LBs that would start on 50%+ of teams in the league

Altestic

Reaction score
If RoMo is 70% of what he was when he last played, a group of Jaylon, LVE, Lee, RoMo, and Thomas would be insane.

That's 5 LBs that would start on 50%+ of teams in the league
Romac as a 4th LB/3rd LB after Lee pulls his hammy wouldn't be a bad thing

But he can't have 55 back. I think 56 and 57 are open. 51 will be open if Kerry Hyder gets cut which I think he will.

InTheZone

Reaction score
and 2 weeks after coming back he won't feel like playing and be busted for something else.

Don't even entertain this loser

khiladi

Reaction score
Sure, now he wants to play. Running out of money perhaps. He had a chance to get a nice contract from us. Bye Felicia.

That’s usually why people want a job.. Wow, some evil motivation there..

glimmerman

Reaction score
That’s usually why people want a job.. Wow, some evil motivation there..
Hearing now that he isn’t broke but just wants to play. If that’s the case he will make a good player for someone. When he wanted to play he could play well.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He was playing at a high level... quit because he didn't love the game. What's changed? Money?

It's not cheap to burn down your house then rebuild when the insurence co. won't pay for it. Maybe he learned his lesson not to play w/ matches.:rolleyes:

Altestic

Reaction score
and 2 weeks after coming back he won't feel like playing and be busted for something else.

Don't even entertain this loser
I just think in this case you wouldn't be doing any harm by bringing him back just because LB is soooooooo deep.

It's not like in 2016 when we were stuck with a JAG in Hitchens starting after losing McClain. And it's not like with losing David Irving where we no longer have a true pass rushing DT on the roster and had to draft a developmental project in Trysten Hill to replace him. None of that.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
What I would do is bring him in and talk to him, just to size him up and see where his head is at, and what he has been doing
recently.:huh:
That would not cost anything, and they need to do that anyway to assess his trade value.
Talk to him and go from there is what smart people would do.:thumbup:

I agree with this. Can't hurt to give him a look. If he's out of shape, don't sign him.

kento40

Reaction score
I guess the fish don't seem to bite the same when you're running out of dough. Dude is a paycheck away from quitting on someone else.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
exactly, nothing to lose doing that.
I think many fans and maybe the jones boys hold a grudge about last time when he got suspended and never played in 2015.

But here is the deal, he didnt come to the cowboys last time wanting to play, jerry went to him and talked him into coming out of retirement.
So he did, and he wasnt really wanting to play that much, just saw the chance to make some money, and at the time he had the bad hip, which
may have started hurting once he had play 8 games or so, which may have led to him wanting some weed or codeine.

But he was not wanting to come back and play last time, so now he is after hip is fixed, and he got off the p drank, and now he also knows
he either has to quit weed, or that new rules are lenient enough that he can still smoke it.,

DandyDon52

Reaction score
just a side note, he was the lb with oakland, and he tackled witten, and damaged his spleen, which witten I think missed one week, then played hurt
for awhile. But it was rolando that did that. The only guy to ever knock witten out of a game.