Romo 2014 or Dak 2023

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Yes it was!, massive idiocy to give a team they built for and around Romo to a rookie..when Romo was healthy enough to play...but that is water under the bridge now and maybe after today's Dak meltdown we will finally move on from him
I swear im not defending Dak but Romo was one hit away from retirement. Do you know how many injuries he had late in his career? If he wasn't ready to go he could of got traded to a contender.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I swear im not defending Dak but Romo was one hit away from retirement. Do you know how many injuries he had late in his career? If he wasn't ready to go he could of got traded to a contender.
That's not the point if you are trying to win then you play your best players when they are healthy and in 2016 Romo was the better player/QB than a rookie Dak...whether Romo plays 1 game or 10 games, he should have played

Zman5

Reaction score
I feel same about Dak today as how I felt about Romo in 2014. Ironically both after losing a playoff game against GB. In 2014, after losing to GB, I felt after 8 seasons as the starter, Romo had his chances and it was time to move on from him. I defended and supported Romo just like I do for Dak but it's time to move on. Dak has had his chances during his 8 seasons here and for whatever reason he hasn't been able to get it done. Just like Romo. I still believe both are above average QBs you can win a championship with. Just not here.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I feel same about Dak today as how I felt about Romo in 2014. Ironically both after losing a playoff game against GB. In 2014, after losing to GB, I felt after 8 seasons as the starter, Romo had his chances and it was time to move on from him. I defended and supported Romo just like I do for Dak but it's time to move on. Dak has had his chances during his 8 seasons here and for whatever reason he hasn't been able to get it done. Just like Romo. I still believe both are above average QBs you can win a championship with. Just not here.
This is a lazy take.

In 2014, we lost but the QB played almost 0 part in it.

Coaching, crooked refs, and the scrub runningback fumbling a potential house call are the reasons we lost.

The game played today was mostly the result of a fraud DC and QB. Quinn was terrible, but Dak was even worse. He spotted them 14 points with two boneheaded picks and cost us a potential field goal with taking that sack

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Romo wasn't perfect but there's no way he's losing a home playoff game to a #7 seed. They both failed as #1 seeds in 2007 and 2016 but now Dak is 1-3 at home in the playoffs...not good.

And at least Romo's 2007 loss was to the eventual champs who also knocked off an undefeated Patriots. Dak's home losses have been vs. teams who didn't even make the Super Bowl.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Romo wasn't perfect but there's no way he's losing a home playoff game to a #7 seed. They both failed as #1 seeds in 2007 and 2016 but now Dak is 1-3 at home in the playoffs...not good.

And at least Romo's 2007 loss was to the eventual champs who also knocked off an undefeated Patriots. Dak's home losses have been vs. teams who didn't even make the Super Bowl.
Remember the Dak fans criticizing Romo for losing with the “13 pro bowlers” on the 07 team?

Dak just lost to the 7th seed with 9 ALL-PROS

Biggest choke in franchise history

Zman5

Reaction score
This is a lazy take.

In 2014, we lost but the QB played almost 0 part in it.

Coaching, crooked refs, and the scrub runningback fumbling a potential house call are the reasons we lost.

The game played today was mostly the result of a fraud DC and QB. Quinn was terrible, but Dak was even worse. He spotted them 14 points with two boneheaded picks and cost us a potential field goal with taking that sack
Not at all since I was right about Romo in 2014. Romo only got to play few games in 2015 before his career came to an end. Both Romo and Dak had 8 seasons to do something. They both failed. We should not make the same mistake again and waste any more time this time around.