Twitter: Romo comments on losing his starting job to Dak

phildadon86

Reaction score
Then maybe Dak s

I'm no eagles fan but look at the common opponents Dak and Wentz played. Wentz may of lost to Miami and Detroit but he showed he could beat the Packers, Bears, Bills, Jets. Wentz has more talent and is beginning to distance himself. He has missed a lot of playing time due to injuries.
Repeat that last sentence again please

Swagger

Reaction score
How did that decision work out for them at home against a team with lorry drivers in their secondary?

If people thought it was the correct decision to play Prescott at the time for team harmony etc then fair enough. I completely disagree but hindsight is easy.

But anyone who understands football cannot STILL believe that it was the correct decision to play Prescott over Romo!

The decision would have only been justified had we beaten a team at home with lorry drivers in their secondary.

For those who blame Garrett for the loss then that's exactly why you should start Romo, i.e. an experienced All Pro QB to overcome coaching deficiencies. A rookie QB has NEVER won the Superbowl. Why would that be...perhaps due to inexperience and the inability to execute the key moments in their first year in the NFL, e.g. spiking the ball with time on the clock against a defense with guys off the street GASSED and there for the taking. I'm not even talking about how Prescott played for the opening quarter and a half or his interception or his dolly throw that was somehow dropped. Playoff games like that often end up close regardless for various reasons and the moment was there at the end and that is why rookie quarterbacks do not win Superbowls. For those who remember, Romo vs Giants Week 1 2015. That's how you drain the clock on a game winning drive. Again, it's not a lovin' about Romo, but it just makes sense when you consider a rookie QB has never won the Superbowl and you have an experienced All Pro QB on your roster to take on Aaron Rodgers. No brainer but then not everyone uses their brain.

If we had won a Superbowl within a few years after that L then fair enough, I could understand the argument that it was valuable experience for Prescott to play in the post season against a QB like Rodgers. But...that didn't happen so it was clearly the wrong decision unless people are actually happy that we lost that game :facepalm:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You litter this board with garbage post after garbage post.

Romo had 3 top-5 seasons out of his 8 seasons in which he played the majority of the games. Dak has 1

Romo had 7 top-10 seasons out of his 8 seasons in which he played a majority of the games. Dak has 2

Romo has actually received MVP votes (2014), Dak has none.

This was with, players like Phil Costa, Nate Livings, and Mackenzie Bernadeau starting at OL and Jason Garrett calling plays.

Yet we have fools, like you, on this site that think Dak is a better QB.
Wrong

starfan1

Reaction score
If people thought it was the correct decision to play Prescott at the time for team harmony etc then fair enough. I completely disagree but hindsight is easy.

But anyone who understands football cannot STILL believe that it was the correct decision to play Prescott over Romo!

The decision would have only been justified had we beaten a team at home with lorry drivers in their secondary.

For those who blame Garrett for the loss then that's exactly why you should start Romo, i.e. an experienced All Pro QB to overcome coaching deficiencies. A rookie QB has NEVER won the Superbowl. Why would that be...perhaps due to inexperience and the inability to execute the key moments in their first year in the NFL, e.g. spiking the ball with time on the clock against a defense with guys off the street GASSED and there for the taking. I'm not even talking about how Prescott played for the opening quarter and a half or his interception or his dolly throw that was somehow dropped. Playoff games like that often end up close regardless for various reasons and the moment was there at the end and that is why rookie quarterbacks do not win Superbowls. For those who remember, Romo vs Giants Week 1 2015. That's how you drain the clock on a game winning drive. Again, it's not a lovin' about Romo, but it just makes sense when you consider a rookie QB has never won the Superbowl and you have an All Pro QB on your roster to take on Aaron Rodgers. No brainer but then not everyone uses their brain.

If we had won a Superbowl within a few years after that then fair enough, I could understand the argument that it was valuable experience for Prescott to play in the post season against a QB like Rodgers. But...that didn't happen so it was clearly the wrong decision unless people are actually happy that we lost that game :facepalm:

and it worked out so well in 2014 oh wait!

ya my bad that was Murray and the refs

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ok so what does this mean though lol? Is your argument that Romo better than Dak? Shouldn’t he be? He was 26 when he first started lol.
Now you are moving Goalposts...

You claim Dak is better than Romo. You or Dak have yet to prove it

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Youre right. I got Romo’s numbers mixed up.

He had 8 top-10 seasons in his 8 seasons in which he played a majority of the games.

He had 4 top-5 seasons in his 8 seasons in which he played a majority of the games
When? Based on what, your Magic 8 Ball?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I can say it look at Tony's last drive. Then convince me he wouldn't have been just as good or better.

I'm not obsessed with it...just the facts. Tony drove that team down for a TD like easy clockwork. That team was BUILT for Tony. But hey....let's let the unproven rookie run our prized possession instead.

Not a Dak hater...although I admit I'm not convinced. Saw too many easy easy throws off target even if caught...while people slammed the sheet out of Tony for constantly keeping us in the game until the numbers just caught up with us.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
The Bill Belichicks of the world put Romo back in when healthy because they realize to win the SuperBowl you need to think about ceilings not floors.
Exactly. They went 11-5 with Cassel that time Brady was hurt. Then Brady was the starter again when healthy. You play your best players. Worst case scenario Romo gets hurt again.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Romo was easily in Brees caliber, just not in longevity.
Easily? Brees at his peak was a top 5 quarterback. Romo was never top 5....and you can't say easily and then omit longevity.
The last season Romo had started leading up to the 2016 moment in question he made 2nd team all-pro and was 3rd in the MVP vote......... :huh::huh:

Swagger

Reaction score
and it worked out so well in 2014 oh wait!

ya my bad that was Murray and the refs

If people had done their jobs then we would have won regardless of the zebras. Biggest moments imo were Murray losing the ball when in the clear and Bryant not just dropping to the 2 yard line as he had easily caught the ball but went for the touchdown when it was wholly unnecessary. People will bring up the Romo taking needless sacks etc - fair point but that wasn't why we lost the game. The biggest plays were above. Murray just had to concentrate and the team scores at least 3 points but in reality most likely 7 points either directly from the run or they have been very close and Bryant just needed to finish the regulation play for three opportunities to punch in from 2 yards. 10-14 points left on the field plus Dan Bailey missed a field goal. People who hate Romo will blame him for bobbling the snap in freezing conditions on the third down! When there's no guarantee that we would have even executed the play, i.e. batted down pass or dropped catch. I have even read people blame Romo for not passing to Beasley instead of Dez on the infamous fourth down. Have you actually watched that play! Even in super slow motion it doesn't even look like the pass was on because of all the bodies in the way and if the pass was looped it would have been broken up. People talk about people hating Prescott when reasonable and justified points are raised but how on earth can you blame Romo for that 4th down being incomplete! In real time the pass to Beasley just wasn't on. Now that's hating.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The last season Romo had started leading up to the 2016 moment in question he made 2nd team all-pro and was 3rd in the MVP vote......... :huh::huh:
Demarco Murray also got MVP votes. What does that mean? One year defines your whole career?

Now you are moving Goalposts...

You claim Dak is better than Romo. You or Dak have yet to prove it
Where did I claim this?

You dudes kill me. You talk about how trash Dak is but constantly compare him to Romo lol. You compare Romo's 11 year career to Dak's 4 year career lol. If he's that trash why are you even comparing them?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If people had done their jobs then we would have won regardless of the zebras. Biggest moments imo were Murray losing the ball when in the clear and Bryant not just dropping to the 2 yard line as he had easily caught the ball but went for the touchdown when it was wholly unnecessary. People will bring up the Romo taking needless sacks etc - fair point but that wasn't why we lost the game. The biggest plays were above. Murray just had to concentrate and the team scores at least 3 points but in reality most likely 7 points either directly from the run or they have been very close and Bryant just needed to finish the regulation play for three opportunities to punch in from 2 yards. 10-14 points left on the field plus Dan Bailey missed a field goal. People who hate Romo will blame him for bobbling the snap in freezing conditions on the third down! When there's no guarantee that we would have even executed the play, i.e. batted down pass or dropped catch. I have even read people blame Romo for not passing to Beasley instead of Dez on the infamous fourth down. Have you actually watched that play! Even in super slow motion it doesn't even look like the pass was on because of all the bodies in the way and if the pass was looped it would have been broken up. People talk about people hating Prescott when reasonable and justified points are raised but how on earth can you blame Romo for that 4th down being incomplete! In real time the pass to Beasley just wasn't on. Now that's hating.
Why can't people just treat both QBs the same? Why does one QB get excused while the other gets blamed? You just went through the 2014 GB game coming up with reasons we lost that didn't involve Romo. Have you ever tried to do the same for Dak for the 2016 GB loss? If you haven't, why haven't you?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Bill Belichicks of the world put Romo back in when healthy because they realize to win the SuperBowl you need to think about ceilings not floors.

Exactly. They went 11-5 with Cassel that time Brady was hurt. Then Brady was the starter again when healthy. You play your best players. Worst case scenario Romo gets hurt again.
Yeah you guys don't remember 2001 very well....Drew Bledsoe had just signed a 100 million dollar contract....he was also a top pick in the draft. Got hurt...Brady came in for him....and he kept him in until he got hurt......Bledsoe looks good and what does Bellicheat do? Starts Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.....do you guys not remember this?

starfan1

Reaction score

look football is a team game and you win and lose as a team. 2014 was not Romo's fault and neither was 2016 Dak's both played well in both games. A play here or here in any football game can dictate a win or loss. But Dallas fans tend to grasp on to scenarios to blame players they dont like and Im no exception its what we do. I merely posted the 2014 scenario as a rebuttal to your if Romo would have played in 2016. The truth of the matter is no one knows what would have happened in 2016. I tend to believe that Romo would have gotten hurt again or the defense would have choked like it did with Prescott. Or Garrett would have figured out a way to screw things up

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Holy moly is this a bad take.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. A QB who played with a partially collapsed lung and pulled his team out of bad situations time and again yet he gets called a loser. Romo was a tough, scrappy SOB. I seriously don’t get the hatred for him. Not to mention the guy was always a class act and still is to this day.

Tussinman

Reaction score
One year defines your whole career?
Please don't spin this. You had said Romo was never a top 5 QB so the situations where completely different and I said that's a strange statement to make considering the last season Romo had started leading up to this drama he was a top 3 QB........