Twitter: Romo comments on losing his starting job to Dak

DFWJC

Reaction score
When romo came in that philly game and threw those dimes it was obvious he was the better player. He retired at the right time with the back but he deserved a shot.
Dallas also has this weird energy surrounding witten romo and Garrett and we’ve heard odd rumblings for years so maybe you would have had locker room problems if you benched dak for romo.
I don't think any serious football savvy person would think Romo was not the better player. Of course, he was.
But there were other factors like health/reliability, the being on a nice roll, and Dak's future.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romo's a class act. Always has been. I have yet to hear him toss anyone, under the bus. Miss seeing him wear that star.

Unfortunately, that pathetic OL killed him o wr and over. Not to mention horrific coaching. Poor guy was always running for his life. Aikman wouldn't survive 5 games standing in the pocket lol.
Not necessarily true. Aikman started his career getting killed behind horrible O lines. That wasn’t exclusive to Romo.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I don't think any serious football savvy person would think Romo was not the better player. Of course, he was.
But there were other factors like health/reliability, the being on a nice roll, and Dak's future.
I get it. He’s a rising star you don’t sell shirts in the gift shop for a backup. DAK ATTACK! Herp derp.

to be fair if I’m a coach and romo is getting cortisol shots and walks around with a limp and ***** tits I probably ride dak too. I get it.

but if I’m romo I say hey dak ten throws from the 50 yard line into that trash can. Most makes starts against Green Bay. You in kid?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. Aikman started his career getting killed behind horrible O lines. That wasn’t exclusive to Romo.
Not sure if it was always our line or what but we seemed like the only team that couldn’t adjust to an all out blitz. I think our line was just too heavy and old school and couldn’t move or screen

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Romo's a class act. Always has been. I have yet to hear him toss anyone, under the bus. Miss seeing him wear that star.
@Xelda
Romo was definitely the better quarterback at that moment. His experience alone dictated that. But his health and reliability was in question. Which is why he went into the booth instead of playing for another team.
Unfortunately, that pathetic OL killed him once to many times but he atill found a way to play w/all the injuries.

Poor guy was always running for his life. Aikman wouldn't survive 5 games standing in the pocket w/Romo's OL's. Aikman had the best of the best and still had to retire due to all those concussions because he wasn't protected 100%.

If only Romo had Aikman's team.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Yeah you guys don't remember 2001 very well....Drew Bledsoe had just signed a 100 million dollar contract....he was also a top pick in the draft. Got hurt...Brady came in for him....and he kept him in until he got hurt......Bledsoe looks good and what does Bellicheat do? Starts Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.....do you guys not remember this?
Didn't they start 0-2 that year?