Twitter: Romo comments on losing his starting job to Dak

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romo's a class act. Always has been. I have yet to hear him toss anyone, under the bus. Miss seeing him wear that star.

@Xelda
Unfortunately, that pathetic OL killed him once to many times but he atill found a way to play w/all the injuries.

Poor guy was always running for his life. Aikman wouldn't survive 5 games standing in the pocket w/Romo's OL's. Aikman had the best of the best and still had to retire due to all those concussions because he wasn't protected 100%.

If only Romo had Aikman's team.
If Romo had Aikman’s teams we don’t know what would have happened. That’s childish and unrealistic to even say that. Romo was fragile and probably would not have survived the beating Troy took early on

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I liked Romo when he was here but I've left him go. I suggest you do the same. He's not coming through that door anytime soon.
giphy.gif

If there was a way to track which troll keeps bringing up Romo the most on this site when no one is talking about him, it would be you. It's your go to reflex when someone is talking about Dak. Why don't you take your own hypocritical advice?

dogberry

Reaction score
Didn’t the Cowboys make sure that Romo couldn’t get a quarterbacking job in 2017?

keysersoze

Reaction score
Didn’t the Cowboys make sure that Romo couldn’t get a quarterbacking job in 2017?
How’s they do that? If he really wanted to play he could’ve definitely played elsewhere. Why is it hard to accept the fact of Romo
Being at the end of his career in 2016? The injuries were piling up.

ESisback

Reaction score
If Romo had Aikman’s teams we don’t know what would have happened. That’s childish and unrealistic to even say that. Romo was fragile and probably would not have survived the beating Troy took early on

Romo DID take a lot savage hits. No flags either.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romo DID take a lot savage hits. No flags either.
He experienced nothing compared to what Troy went through. Please stop the excuses. Romo was a good quarterback but we went nowhere with him. End of story. He wasn’t elite because he couldn’t carry and elevate the team to championships. Ain’t that the Woodies’ narrative on Dak?

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score

You can read this how you want

"It was never going to be anybody else. I can say that succinctly," he proclaimed. "He was never going to play any place else."

Romo would probably disagree, but since he hasn't done anything to prove Jones wrong, the owner is correct by default.

keysersoze

Reaction score
You can read this how you want

"It was never going to be anybody else. I can say that succinctly," he proclaimed. "He was never going to play any place else."

Romo would probably disagree, but since he hasn't done anything to prove Jones wrong, the owner is correct by default.
Wow!!! So Jones blackballed Romo now? Hahahahaha. The Woodies are in full effect with the bs. :lmao2:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
His fans still can't let it go lol.

And I'm not even sure if Romo really feels this way or if its just lip service. Based on reports he had a right to be upset. But like he said......you don't mess with that run. That run looked to be magical. And it wasn't of course. I still think things worked out great for Romo. If he doesn't retire when he did who's to say that opportunity is still there? What if Jay Cutler gets his position? Probably would've been good on any network but where he's at now....everything happens for a reason.
It would have been there a year or 2, cbs had their eye on Tony, and phil simms could have been the guy till Romo retired.
There was no opening, they just moved phil and put Romo in his spot.
They could have done that same thing in 17 or 18.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He found out when he asked for an open competition for the job and was told no. He was better than Dak, no other reason to not have that competition.
yeah that was wrong, and to be honest , I was a big dak fan, but was already starting to see some flaws in his game.
I thought at the time they should allow tony to compete, or better let him have the last game or 2, to see how he does, and if back holds up.
Tony looked great on the one drive in last game, then they yanked him out, like oh no we cant have him scoring too much lol.

I still think had they switched to tony, they would have won the GB game. They would not have been down 21-0 .
but we will never know.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it was 2 weeks later, giants were the following week to wrap up the division, eagles/Cowboys wasn’t week 17.

Are you implying he should have played through a concussion?
well sure , throw some Gatorade in your face and get back out there , dont be a sissy!

once you have had a concussion, the damage is already done, sitting out a week doesnt really help , or undo the damage.
Now wentz, he went out and has the whole off season, so that is ideal situation.
But to me the whole concussion protocol is kinda silly.