Twitter: Romo comments on losing his starting job to Dak

Hadenough

Reaction score
Lol. Why don’t you destroy Wentz AC joint? Then see. Oh that’s right. He wouldn’t play.
Then maybe Dak s
yep an injured Dak a healthy Wentz makes perfect sense. Maybe we look at first game and see how bad dak beat him and the eagles up.

I'm no eagles fan but look at the common opponents Dak and Wentz played. Wentz may of lost to Miami and Detroit but he showed he could beat the Packers, Bears, Bills, Jets. Wentz has more talent and is beginning to distance himself. He has missed a lot of playing time due to injuries.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Romo, at that point in time, was better then Dak. Romo then, is better then Dak right now. I mean, it is what it is. I get it, folks don't want to hear that but it's true. Playing QB in the NFL is as much about experience and Grey Matter as it is about actual athletic skill, maybe more.

If you want to say that Tony wasn't healthy and that Dak was, OK. I can agree with that, especially early on. At the end, not so much. Tony looked pretty damn good in that last series. I think Jerry and Garrett made a mistake there but whatever. What's done is done. Nothing we can do about it now but you can call it for what it was. Tony was better.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think there is a lot of competition that goes on during the season, otherwise you would have the same starting lineups every week barring injuries.

Not at QB though, unless you're losing and the QB isn't looking great. That situation wasn't happening. They knew what Romo could do. They were just beginning to see what Dak could do and winning at the same time. There was never a need for a competition under those conditions. Staff just needed to make a call one way or another.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Royce continuing to show that hes the WOAT with his garbage takes.

Sticking with Dak over Romo was a horrible decision, that cost us a chance to host an NFC Championship game for the first time in 21 years

What is WOAT?

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm no eagles fan but look at the common opponents Dak and Wentz played. Wentz may of lost to Miami and Detroit but he showed he could beat the Packers, Bears, Bills, Jets. Wentz has more talent and is beginning to distance himself. He has missed a lot of playing time due to injuries.

perhaps you arent but you are a dak denier and thus will find any stat you can to diminish dak or pump up in this case Wentz which is ok and your perogative. In terms of measurable s there is probably a reason why CW went higher in the draft then DP but measurable s don't always win championships it takes a team effort and ill take dak ten times out of ten if I have to choose between the 2. I know how his team views him and i know hell be available.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Royce continuing to show that hes the WOAT with his garbage takes.

Sticking with Dak over Romo was a horrible decision, that cost us a chance to host an NFC Championship game for the first time in 21 years
What in the hell is WOAT? Then you proceed to post a garbage take lol......Romo never played in a NFC championship game but he was suppose to play in one in 2016? And I don't even fault him for that. Dak had the same crappy coaching Romo had but Romo was suppose to overcome coaching and make it to the NFC championship. Highly unlike he could've overcame that or the defense but I'll let you continue to live in a fantasy world.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Exactly. When I say it Don't like him. I like him. I defended that guy on here more than anyone when he was a Cowboy. But now that his career is over you have to put things into perspective.
You may want to actually read the article because it doesn't support any of the nonsense coming out of your mouth.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You may want to actually read the article because it doesn't support any of the nonsense coming out of your mouth.

I agree with this part genius:

In the end, Romo spent a decade in the conversation as one of the league’s best quarterbacks. But he was never quite the best — and thanks to the three years he spent on the bench at the beginning of his career and the 27 starts he missed from 2007 to 2015, his passing totals are perilously low to make the Hall of Fame.

Unless voters go deep into what Romo did on the field, and look past how many years he wasn’t on it, he may be remembered as good, but not great.

You think anyone that doesn't slob on Romo is a "troll" or a "hater". I never once called him trash I just said he was never top 5. You let your fandom cloud your thoughts.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I agree with this part genius:

In the end, Romo spent a decade in the conversation as one of the league’s best quarterbacks. But he was never quite the best — and thanks to the three years he spent on the bench at the beginning of his career and the 27 starts he missed from 2007 to 2015, his passing totals are perilously low to make the Hall of Fame.

Unless voters go deep into what Romo did on the field, and look past how many years he wasn’t on it, he may be remembered as good, but not great.

You think anyone that doesn't slob on Romo is a "troll" or a "hater". I never once called him trash I just said he was never top 5. You let your fandom cloud your thoughts.
The article literally says that statistically he was a top 5 QB who does not have the career totals of his peers because of all the games missed. The article also never says he wasn't a top 5 QB. It said he would be remembered as a good QB and not a great one because his career totals fall short of the Hall of Fame. Learn to read... it doesn't support the garbage coming out of your mouth.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The article literally says that statistically he was a top 5 QB who does not have the career totals of his peers because of all the games missed. The article also never says he wasn't a top 5 QB. It said he would be remembered as a good QB and not a great one because his career totals fall short of the Hall of Fame. Learn to read... it doesn't support the garbage coming out of your mouth.
Romo’s postseason record, 2-4, matches that of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith’s — and the lightly regarded Smith will not receive any Hall of Fame consideration. Yet in the playoffs, Smith has a better touchdown rate, interception rate, passer rating and adjusted net yards per attempt than Romo.

Such a glowing review......

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo’s postseason record, 2-4, matches that of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith’s — and the lightly regarded Smith will not receive any Hall of Fame consideration. Yet in the playoffs, Smith has a better touchdown rate, interception rate, passer rating and adjusted net yards per attempt than Romo.

Such a glowing review......
Romo is fourth in adjusted net yards per attempt and tied for second in touchdown rate. His career NFL passer efficiency rating is 97.1, just a tenth of a point shy of Brady’s.

Anything else, troll?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah..

2016 now looks more like a lucky fluke season for Dak.

The memories of that failed season continues to haunt our franchise to the point of now wanting to completely overpay Dak to try to get there again.

He has come nowhere near that season 3 years later.

I really do not understand this rush to resign him at such an enormous contract.

Jerrah Jones has just developed full-blown alzyhimers disease.

He has completely forgotten paying Romo a huge contract and as a result..

never sniffed anything except 8-8 seasons.

Is this really what is going on?

Again?
Cowboys didn't go 8-8 because of Romo's contract lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo is fourth in adjusted net yards per attempt and tied for second in touchdown rate. His career NFL passer efficiency rating is 97.1, just a tenth of a point shy of Brady’s.

Anything else, troll?
He’s one of just three with no Super Bowl championships, MVP awards or First Team All-Pro nods, and is tied for second-fewest Pro Bowl appearances. Unlike a Dan Marino or Dan Fouts, Romo doesn’t boast eye-popping production to counter his lack of a championship; he threw for fewer total yards than Jim Everett or Matt Hasselbeck despite being a player during nine of the NFL’s top 10 pass-happiest seasons.

Keep going......

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He’s one of just three with no Super Bowl championships, MVP awards or First Team All-Pro nods, and is tied for second-fewest Pro Bowl appearances. Unlike a Dan Marino or Dan Fouts, Romo doesn’t boast eye-popping production to counter his lack of a championship; he threw for fewer total yards than Jim Everett or Matt Hasselbeck despite being a player during nine of the NFL’s top 10 pass-happiest seasons.

Keep going......
yawn... more totals. Learn to read troll... you aren't good at it. It doesn't support the garbage coming out of your mouth.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The eagles were smart enough in 2018 to play their backup when the started was hurt. That got them a super bowl. We wern't that smart last year when Dak got hurt, cost us a playoff shot.
The poster you're replying treats Dak like a mascot that can't be talked about. Its always an excuse for Dak.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His fans still can't let it go lol.

And I'm not even sure if Romo really feels this way or if its just lip service. Based on reports he had a right to be upset. But like he said......you don't mess with that run. That run looked to be magical. And it wasn't of course. I still think things worked out great for Romo. If he doesn't retire when he did who's to say that opportunity is still there? What if Jay Cutler gets his position? Probably would've been good on any network but where he's at now....everything happens for a reason.
I'm a big fan. I have three Romo Jerseys, but I know football and I agreed with the decision to let Dak take over.