Romo didn't turn the ball over against the Giants...

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the active leader in having at least one turnover in consecutive games? Either way, glad he is off that bus. :)

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
This is the one thing I noticed, and no one mentioned!! This is a streak I am glad is over!!

yimyammer

Reaction score
SteveOS;2499357 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the active leader in having at least one turnover in consecutive games? Either way, glad he is off that bus. :)

And he needs to stay off that bus from here on out, turnovers will determine where we go

Boysboy

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2499366 said:
This is the one thing I noticed, and no one mentioned!! This is a streak I am glad is over!!

Yeah-I think Romo FINALLY gets it...it's Dec, the playoffs are on the line, and even he realizes that wins have to be EARNED, and that there's no time to lolly-pop around.

Boysboy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2499381 said:
I was about to say I was pretty sure he didn't turn the ball over against the Niners either.

He threw 2 picks @Skins.

He threw that pick into double coverage against Seattle.

Of course, the Pitt game was something to forget.

Like I said-I really liked what he did against the Giants b/c he just took what the D gave him. He probably realized in that game that wins have to be EARNED, and there's no time to lolly-pop in the final sprint.

joseephuss

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2499381 said:
I was about to say I was pretty sure he didn't turn the ball over against the Niners either.

I thought he was charged with a fumble on that backwards pass to Choice in the 49ers game.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Boysboy;2499386 said:
He threw 2 picks @Skins.

He threw that pick into double coverage against Seattle.

Of course, the Pitt game was something to forget.

Like I said-I really liked what he did against the Giants b/c he just took what the D gave him. He probably realized in that game that wins have to be EARNED, and there's no time to lolly-pop in the final sprint.

He was close to turning it over on the safety. He immediately knew he was in trouble and should have done a better job of going down and holding on to the ball.

thisisepic

One and Done
Reaction score
joseephuss;2499396 said:
I thought he was charged with a fumble on that backwards pass to Choice in the 49ers game.

That went to Choice if I remember correctly.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
joseephuss;2499396 said:

yes he was and he almost had one on the safety if he didn't knock it out of bounds..

joseephuss

Reaction score
thisisepic;2499402 said:

Choice never had control of it, so it goes to the QB. Same thing happens when a hand offs is muffed. The last guy with full control of the ball is given the fumble. Romo is listed with a fumble on NFL.com in that 49ers game.

thisisepic

One and Done
Reaction score
joseephuss;2499414 said:
Choice never had control of it, so it goes to the QB. Same thing happens when a hand offs is muffed. The last guy with full control of the ball is given the fumble. Romo is listed with a fumble on NFL.com in that 49ers game.

I dunno I thought I heard the commentators say it went the other way.

It's been a long week and it's only Tuesday :(

joseephuss

Reaction score
thisisepic;2499424 said:
I dunno I thought I heard the commentators say it went the other way.

It's been a long week and it's only Tuesday :(

I understand. I don't doubt that the announcers said it was on Choice, but announcers get things wrong quite a bit. Romo's stat line lists one lost fumble in that game. Choice has 0 on the season.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony turned the ball over in every game he played this year until Sunday night. He also turned it over in the last 3 regular season games of 2007 and in the playoff game, so that makes 14 games in a row.

Let's not get too excited, though. He did fumble twice against the Giants.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
jimnabby;2499448 said:
Tony turned the ball over in every game he played this year until Sunday night. He also turned it over in the last 3 regular season games of 2007 and in the playoff game, so that makes 14 games in a row.

Let's not get too excited, though. He did fumble twice against the Giants.

Agreed, not excited, just happy he's off the bus. Not sure who is the leader now, but glad Romo isn't anymore.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
thisisepic;2499402 said:

That one was Choice's fault. He should have caught the ball.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I didn't realise they credited Tony with a turnover on that play to Choice in the Niners game.

Since that is the case I stand corrected.

Taz

Reaction score
isn't giving giants two points AND THE BALL a turn over
i mean your team no longer has the ball