Romo didn't turn the ball over against the Giants...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Taz;2500522 said:
isn't giving giants two points AND THE BALL a turn over
i mean your team no longer has the ball

Actually, he avoided the worse play by knocking the ball out of bounds. Still - he needed to simply secure the ball and go down on that play.

The Panch

Reaction score
jimnabby;2499448 said:
Tony turned the ball over in every game he played this year until Sunday night. He also turned it over in the last 3 regular season games of 2007 and in the playoff game, so that makes 14 games in a row.

Let's not get too excited, though. He did fumble twice against the Giants.
I agree, but seeing as bad as he was getting his butt beat and was smart enough to knock the ball out of the endzone(unlike last time), I'll give him a pass.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
anybody notice on the pass to Austin he looked and pumped downfield twice imo 1st looking at T.O. deep than imo Witten somewhat deep than saw Austin wide open and hit him for a big gain.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
rocyaice;2500623 said:
I didn't even realize ROMO didn't turn the ball over once on Sunday.

No but not that he didn't try. If Tony learns the lesson of knowing when to be Tony and when not to then he and we will all be in hog heaven.

RedRaiderCowboysFan

Reaction score
Sorry to burst some of your bubbles, but the fumble for the safety counts as a turnover on his part, so even though the line was really at fault, he still fumbled and it still goes against romo. Just like when they are up and he throws a td in garbage time, the fumble for the safety still goes against him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
rocyaice;2500623 said:
I didn't even realize ROMO didn't turn the ball over once on Sunday.

Because the fact that he didn't get a turnover is a statistical anomaly. He did fumble and that fumble created a change in possession. But.... it wasn't a turnover that counts in the record books.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2500635 said:
No but not that he didn't try. If Tony learns the lesson of knowing when to be Tony and when not to then he and we will all be in hog heaven.
no thanks. I hate the Commanders.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
RedRaiderCowboysFan;2500644 said:
Sorry to burst some of your bubbles, but the fumble for the safety counts as a turnover on his part, so even though the line was really at fault, he still fumbled and it still goes against romo. Just like when they are up and he throws a td in garbage time, the fumble for the safety still goes against him.

actually it doesn't count as an official turnover

check the NFL gamebook at http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/29750/DAL_Gamebook.pdf -- we had two turnovers, none lost. This counts as a fumble out of bounds - that is not officially a turnover. Should be in this case, but isn't

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rampage;2500658 said:
well it wasn't even his fault anyways. he played a great game despite crappy o-line play.

The sack wasn't. But he needed to simply secure the ball and go down. So the fumble is on him. He did very well though to knock it out of bounds though.

joseephuss

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2500645 said:
Because the fact that he didn't get a turnover is a statistical anomaly. He did fumble and that fumble created a change in possession. But.... it wasn't a turnover that counts in the record books.

The fumble did not create the change in possession. The fact that he was tackled in the end zone created the change in possession. Even if he holds on to the ball it would have still been a safety for the Giants. The fumble could have led to a TD for the Giants instead of a safety. He knew he was in trouble. There was nothing he could have done to avoid the sack, but he should have protected the ball better. Statistically he doesn't have a turnover, but he still made a mistake on that play.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Manny Lawson intercepted Romo's pass....it was at first ruled a fumble, but upon further review, it was an interception. So yes, he did have a turnover against the Niners.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2499366 said:
This is the one thing I noticed, and no one mentioned!! This is a streak I am glad is over!!

Bingo!

In all the talk about T.O., Witten, Romo and the defense, that was the one glaring fact about this game that went underreported and unrecognized.

And the only other almost-turnover occurred because Flozell Adams and Cory Proctor went "Freeze Tag" on offense. :rolleyes:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Biggems;2501447 said:
Manny Lawson intercepted Romo's pass....it was at first ruled a fumble, but upon further review, it was an interception. So yes, he did have a turnover against the Niners.

No, you have that backwards. It was first ruled an INT but then correctly changed to a fumble. The refs ruled the play a backwards pass (i.e., not a pass at all) - that is the same as a pitch play.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
SteveOS;2499357 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the active leader in having at least one turnover in consecutive games? Either way, glad he is off that bus. :)
fumbled safety leading to 5 pts

(sure it was a miscommunication but he's the leader of the offense)

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What exactly is a safety classified as? Scoring for the other team?:(

Reaction score
SteveOS;2499357 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the active leader in having at least one turnover in consecutive games? Either way, glad he is off that bus. :)

unless you count the safety...

...which i wouldn't. he played a good game...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
joseephuss;2499398 said:
He was close to turning it over on the safety. He immediately knew he was in trouble and should have done a better job of going down and holding on to the ball.

Hahahaha. Yeah lets blame that play on Romo.