Romo doomers - great news

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
You have been to this forum before, right? You've seen how people act silly about things.

Thank you for making my point!
:p:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Nors;2336738 said:
You have been to this forum before, right? You've seen how people act silly about things.

Thank you for making my point!
:p:

Well that I believe was the point all along I was making, and I guess I'm just now realising maybe that was the point of your initial post for the thread, but that was my point all along that there would be plenty of fans here who will be silly enough to make the claim I mentioned should Brad go 2-1 and not turn the ball over.

I will be right here to laugh at them when they do that though.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2336734 said:
I don't think you can take anyone seriously if they are pining for Brad over Tony.

It was a very sad day for me when Randy Rhoads died.

Yeagh - that was a sad era Back in the 70's day not an Ozzt fan other than casual. Crazy Train first song that got me into his solo stuff and some really good stuff there early80's solo.

Also love what Zakk Wylde did backside for his career.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Nors;2336557 said:
Next 4 weeks without Romo will show how VALUABLE he is.

128-200 1689 yards
281.8 a game
64% completions

14 TD's
5 Ints

103.5 QB rating #3 in NFL

Averaging 30 points a game

I like Romo alot and this team is going to suffer without him behind the helm. That does not change the fact he does need to work on protecting the ball better 11 int and 10 fumbles in his last 10 games ouch.

Yes I love how he makes up for mistakes with big plays but he needs to learn when and when not to force the issue. Trust me I have not been down on the QB because he was hammered by AZ because the oline played like garbage. I love how he kept getting up and playing.

Does he need to improve on protecting the ball yes but this team is going to struggle to win anything before the bye. The people that are going crazy over Romo are just mad about the last 3 weeks of the overall team play and you add in Romo's yoyo performance with turnovers i see them getting fustrated.

The defense and special teams are not good enough to carry this team and they no longer have Romo to bail them out. I think the oline plus the added pressure of having to score 27 points everytime to win is also a factor in the turnover process. Romo knows the defense and ST are below par and he has to push the envolope for this team to win.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Funny - Romo's pressures/fumbles were OLine generated. Not 1/2 as bad as Bledsoe had to deal with 2005. Romo's ill is running in pocket ball in hand - now broken.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thssanders;2336583 said:
We all know Romo hasnt played as well as the stats would indicate. He is way too careless with the ball and definitely should have had an interception yesterday.

He stilled has played well, but the stats are very misleading if you have really watched the games

Actually Romo has played as well as the stats say. He threw for all of those touchdowns and he threw for all of those yards and did complete passes at a high percentage. Remember, the stats also show the turnovers and the interceptions are factored into the QB rating. Obviously stats don't show everything, like how he was knocked down 20 times yesterday, but they're a pretty good indicator of what Tony has brought to the table. Something I wish we had right now.

mmohican29

Reaction score
We may go 3-0 while Tony is out and as soon as he is healthy he starts, plain and simple and I don't care if Brad Johnson is the second coming of Unitas for 3 weeks. I don't care if he completes every pass. This is Romo's team and will be for the forseeable future.

MCowboys

Reaction score
We need a QB like Eli! He doesn't make mistakes. I didn't even bother watching the Monday night game today cause the Browns never had a chance. Eli probably had like 3 Tds, no picks, and the Giants probably won like 34-6.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;2336979 said:
Funny - Romo's pressures/fumbles were OLine generated. Not 1/2 as bad as Bledsoe had to deal with 2005. Romo's ill is running in pocket ball in hand - now broken.

Could that hand/finger already have been broken? He sure was losing his handle on the ball a lot, even before the overtime sack. In fact, in the last few weeks, his throws have been pretty erratic. Just a thought.

Another thought - even on a "bad day," Romo puts up 3 TDs and 300+. I for one will miss him, but I hope the team doesn't. Hold down the fort Johnson and/or Bollinger!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2336691 said:
How convient for people to post stats without posting the negavtive...

Shut up. Its much more convincing to only see one side of the story.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Nors;2336557 said:
Next 4 weeks without Romo

HORRIBLE thread title, Nors. Nothing "great" about it, IMO. Geez..............

Seven

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2337015 said:
Shut up. Its much more convincing to only see one side of the story.

Dudness..............your sig is so wrong on...................1/2 a level. :laugh2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Seven;2337018 said:
Dudness..............your sig is so wrong on...................1/2 a level. :laugh2:

I was planning on making a new nice "Turnover Tony" sig but thought I wouldn't rub it in when a guy is hurt. Soon as he returns and gets back to his old ways of handing the ball over though, that sig will be ready.

Seven

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2337026 said:
I was planning on making a new nice "Turnover Tony" sig but thought I wouldn't rub it in when a guy is hurt. Soon as he returns and gets back to his old ways of handing the ball over though, that sig will be ready.

FumbleMaster? I Hate Pigskin? Nah, not as good as yours.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Nors;2336557 said:
Next 4 weeks without Romo will show how VALUABLE he is.

128-200 1689 yards
281.8 a game
64% completions

14 TD's
5 Ints

103.5 QB rating #3 in NFL

Averaging 30 points a game

After we lose every game with Brad Johnson I wonder if posters will still be complaining about Romo's turnovers???

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
There's no doubt Romo's play of late isn't good enough. His passing stats are tremendous, but he's simply making too many turnovers. The turnovers haven't been a crippling problem now (I'm not sure *he* was the reason we lost either game), but they certainly will be come playoff time, if we make it that far. You don't win playoff games fumbling three times. You just don't.

With that said, some of the posts/opinions of Romo are alarming, and yes, I think life without Romo the next few weeks will serve as a wakeup call.

He's spoiled this fan base to the point where a 20-for-30, 300 yard, 3 TD, 1 INT, 1 fumble type of a performance -- even in victory -- is frowned upon.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2337248 said:
After we lose every game with Brad Johnson I wonder if posters will still be complaining about Romo's turnovers???

Absolutely. Why not? Just because hes Romo?

I hate the mentality that its okay because hes better than what Dallas had or because hes better than Johnson.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys how damn good he could be if he would just cut down on HALF of his turnovers, which would still give him tons of room for error.

Honestly, can it be that hard to just protect the ball? Surely it can't because there are plenty of guys who are able to do it.

Until Romo figures it out, I'll continue to piss and moan about it.

Given the fact that the offense isn't clicking as well as we have seen, protecting the ball is more important than ever.

If there is one good thing that will come from him being on the bench is for him to see that himself. Either by watching Brad just give the ball away all day or by watching Brad manage the game and lead the team despite having far less ability than Romo. Either way, when Romo steps back on the field, he had better starting taking care of the ball.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2337270 said:

I hate the mentality that its okay because hes better than what Dallas had or because hes better than Johnson.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys how damn good he could be if he would just cut down on HALF of his turnovers, which would still give him tons of room for error.

Honestly, can it be that hard to just protect the ball? Surely it can't because there are plenty of guys who are able to do it.

Given the fact that the offense isn't clicking as well as we have seen, protecting the ball is more important than ever.

If there is one good thing that will come from him being on the bench is for him to see that himself. Either by watching Brad just give the ball away all day or by watching Brad manage the game and lead the team despite having far less ability than Romo. Either way, when Romo steps back on the field, he had better starting taking care of the ball.

I'm curious if the coaches are talking to him, or better yet teaching him, about ball protection? He's always had a bit of fumble-itis, but never like this.

The truth is Romo is one of many of our superstars that just isn't playing to his expected level at this point. He's doing pretty good -- the stats are awesome -- but the little nuances of his game are off. And I think the same can be said for just about each and every one of our Pro Bowlers.

Ware has that sack streak, but has been inconsistent with his pressure; where's Ellis?; Roy's hurt, as is Newman; where's Hamlin?; McBriar's hurt; TO is getting jammed at the line too easily. The list goes on.

There's probably a handful of guys meeting or exceeding expectations on this team (Felix, Folk, to name a few). Otherwise, I'm fairly disappointed with all the rest.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2337270 said:

I am not saying that turnovers are ok, what I am saying is that Romo's style of play will lead to more turnovers simply because he is a risk taker.

Think of Romo as a young Brett Farve. Now Farve didnt fumble that much, but he threw a ton of picks, still does.

However, I have seen both Farve and Romo thread the needle into places that most QBs would have never even though of throwing.

I dont want to a "game manager" as a QB, I want a "gunslinger" who is fearless. I will take the extra turnovers as long as I am getting TDs to offset it.