Romo doomers - great news

magic-sword

Reaction score
thssanders;2336583 said:
We all know Romo hasnt played as well as the stats would indicate. He is way too careless with the ball and definitely should have had an interception yesterday.

He stilled has played well, but the stats are very misleading if you have really watched the games

Agreed - that Barber TD goes to Tony but we all know who made the TD.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2336667 said:
First, Quarterback Ratings are one of the most useless and overrated stats out there.

Funny how stats are always 'useless' when they contradict your inherent preconceptions and bias.

Top 6 QB ratings from last year...

1 - Tom Brady - 117.2
2 - Ben Roethlesberger - 104.1
3 - David Gerrard - 102.2
4 - Peyton Manning - 98.0
5 - Tony Romo - 97.4
6 - Brett Favre - 95.7

So, you're saying that those QBs didn't play well last year, and the useless and misleading QB rating fooled us all?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope Brad plays extremely well, obviously.

I'm totally behind Tony but I'm not hoping Brad falters during this period just to prove to all the naysayers that Tony is very special to this team.

Daudr

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2336564 said:
Unfortunately if we go 2-1 in that time frame and Brad doesn't fumble once then you're going to have plenty who are going to be calling for Brad to be the new starter.

We're going to be lucky to go 1-2 during his absence. We're missing a lot of key players now and it doesn't look good.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2337026 said:
I was planning on making a new nice "Turnover Tony" sig but thought I wouldn't rub it in when a guy is hurt. Soon as he returns and gets back to his old ways of handing the ball over though, that sig will be ready.

Who would you rather have right now whose so much better at not turning the ball over, ever?

Perhaps you'd like to jump on the Commanders bandwagon so you can root for Campbell right now.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;2336557 said:
Next 4 weeks without Romo will show how VALUABLE he is.

128-200 1689 yards
281.8 a game
64% completions

14 TD's
5 Ints

103.5 QB rating #3 in NFL
Averaging 30 points a game

So does this mean you no longer want Bledsoe???

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2337382 said:
Funny how stats are always 'useless' when they contradict your inherent preconceptions and bias.

Top 6 QB ratings from last year...

1 - Tom Brady - 117.2
2 - Ben Roethlesberger - 104.1
3 - David Gerrard - 102.2
4 - Peyton Manning - 98.0
5 - Tony Romo - 97.4
6 - Brett Favre - 95.7

So, you're saying that those QBs didn't play well last year, and the useless and misleading QB rating fooled us all?

Don't bother. There is no hope for the hopeless. If the guy only fumbled 4 times a season and threw only 10 picks you'd still have these same people complaining about how he's not good enough cause he turns the ball over too much.

I can't even imagine how they must have ripped Aikman apart during his first 3 years as a starter when he was throwing as many picks at TDs passes and sometimes more.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
thssanders;2336648 said:
And he threw a lame duck pass yesterday right to the defender but thankfully crayton broke it up. And two of his touchdowns were short passes and long runs, especially the one to barber.

And you don't think any other QBs in the league have had any good fortune?
Every starting QB (and I mean EVERY starting QB) has some good fortune in the course of season (and usually in the course of every game, for that matter).

Good God, I can't get over how some people think that Romo is the only QB to ever throw a duck or a pick or have a bounce go his way in a game. It happens all the time to all QBs. It just so happens that Romo is significantly better than 99% of them!

gbrittain

Reaction score
Romo is taking way to much heat from a lot of people. I do believe he must do a better job of protecting the ball, but having said that I do not believe many QBs would have faired better with the 'Ole Offensive line we had on Sunday.

Romo also looks like a guy under a lot of stress and does not look to me like the guy that was having a blast playing a game last year. I am quite positive though that our OL has something to do with that.

In the end it does not matter though where Romo's struggles are because he is a top QB and without him we are going to struggle mightily. Here is to Romo coming back energized behind an improved OL and just maybe the season will get back on track.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;2337445 said:
So does this mean you no longer want Bledsoe???

Bledsoe retired and we could not protect him late 2005. I'd take him over 40 year old Brad Johnson for sure.