Romo has all the Talent in the world, but no spark

Air Force One

Reaction score
His laid back "I'm just good golly gosh glad to be here" routine is OLD.

When he first became the starter it served him well as everyone wanted to know how he'd react to becoming the Cowboys starting QB.

So far, he doesn't seem to be developing the competitiveness that comes with other great QB's. You know, that place in your mind where you BELIEVE you will win and MAKE it happen. He never takes control of a big game wher one might say "he's coming of age", "growing up".

If Romo had half the competitiveness and leadership the Tebow shows at Florida, he's be the complete package.

Now I'm not suggesting he be removed as our starter. That's stupid. He's our QB for years to come. Someone has got to figure out how to get this guy to raise his game and grow up. I now can see why BP seemed to have issues with Romo ...I think he saw this coming.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
really.

Is this what this week is going to be about. Now Tony Romo is not as good as tim Tebow.

If so, I am going to split from here for a long while. This stuff is crazy.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Get off of Tebow, if Romo had twice the skills and ability of Tebow he would still be only half as good as he is now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Air Force One;2472922 said:
His laid back "I'm just good golly gosh glad to be here" routine is OLD.

When he first became the starter it served him well as everyone wanted to know how he'd react to becoming the Cowboys starting QB.

So far, he doesn't seem to be developing the competitiveness that comes with other great QB's. You know, that place in your mind where you BELIEVE you will win and MAKE it happen. He never takes control of a big game wher one might say "he's coming of age", "growing up".

If Romo had half the competitiveness and leadership the Tebow shows at Florida, he's be the complete package.

Now I'm not suggesting he be removed as our starter. That's stupid. He's our QB for years to come. Someone has got to figure out how to get this guy to raise his game and grow up. I now can see why BP seemed to have issues with Romo ...I think he saw this coming.

There is nothing wrong with Romo or his spark. He had an off day prior to that he had been playing good. For goodness sake a man has a bad day and now is being questioned as a leader?

Air Force One

Reaction score
Okay how about Colt McCoy:laugh1:

I don't give a rats *** about tebow...I just watched his game and admired his spirit. It was contagious to the rest of the team. Just an example.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Romo wont ever be that in your face guy like Tebow is/he is laid back

however that doesn't mean he isn't competative

sure when things are going bad I hate to see him smiling on the sidelines

I care more that he seems to have his bad days in big spots

I'm hoping he breaks out of that like Eli did last year

only time will tell

Reaction score
nyc;2472931 said:
No, ME-O was an absolute BUM last night.

Seriously......

Quit swinging on Tony's Nads and diverting blame...

Tony sucked last night and thats a fact.

You can't be lead by the class clown... fact!

Tebow has more heart and leadership skills Romo will ever have... FACT!

And I can't stand the Gators. You were either born as a leader or you were not. Tony is not a leader of men. Its not in his nature. Just as soft spoken Wade or JG aren't either.

Air Force One

Reaction score
diehard2231;2472946 said:
Romo wont ever be that in your face guy like Tebow is/he is laid back

however that doesn't mean he isn't competative

sure when things are going bad I hate to see him smiling on the sidelines

I care more that he seems to have his bad days in big spots

I'm hoping he breaks out of that like Eli did last year

only time will tell
Maybe you're right about the competitiveness. I can't claim to know all about him not knowing the guy. But yeah instaed if the smiling I'd love to see him get mad ...so mad that maybe he even gets in the face of an opposing player or something one in awhile. He just seems to have the attitude "well that's football".

I'm just still hurting. I love Romo. Waited YEARS for a decent QB to get back on the Cowboys and it stings seeing him play like this. I see Romo just like Brett Favre, but without that little spark that makes Favre great. Romo needs to go from really good to great and I think it lies in his attitude which will filter down to his play.

I'm no expert, so who really knows. But I do remember BP being worried that Romo was being crowned too quick and I wonder if this was what he saw coming as a result.

TonyS

Reaction score
Neither is Ewhine Manning, but he's got a SB ring because he made the plays when it counts. That's all Tony needs to do. He is mixing bad decisions in with the good ones with too much frequency.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Air Force One;2472968 said:
Maybe you're right about the competitiveness. I can't claim to know all about him not knowing the guy. But yeah instaed if the smiling I'd love to see him get mad ...so mad that maybe he even gets in the face of an opposing player or something one in awhile. He just seems to have the attitude "well that's football".

I'm just still hurting. I love Romo. Waited YEARS for a decent QB to get back on the Cowboys and it stings seeing him play like this. I see Romo just like Brett Favre, but without that little spark that makes Favre great. Romo needs to go from really good to great and I think it lies in his attitude which will filter down to his play.

I'm no expert, so who really knows. But I do remember BP being worried that Romo was being crowned too quick and I wonder if this was what he saw coming as a result.

BP was that way with every single QB who has played for him. There is nothing wrong with Romo, he is not going to put on an act he is who he is and this team does respond to him. He had an off day if has happened to every QB who has played the game of football.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2472976 said:
BP was that way with every single QB who has played for him. There is nothing wrong with Romo, he is not going to put on an act he is who he is and this team does respond to him. He had an off day if has happened to every QB who has played the game of football.
You mean he's had an off December. Every December. That's when the great ones show up. The really good ones go home and watch football in January.

And I'm not asking him to put on an act.;)

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2472976 said:
I love how some don't understand this. He had a bad game, for sure. I'm just trying to think of one great QB who didn't have a bad game. Now, people are questioning his leadership? It's hilarious.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Air Force One;2472985 said:
You mean he's had an off December. Every December. That's when the great ones show up. The really good ones go home and watch football in January.

How about the COWBOYS have had an off December for quite some time before Romo arrived.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Air Force One;2472985 said:

You mean he was the reason we went 2-2 last december? Romo is a really good one too bad lousy fans can't see that.

Air Force One

Reaction score
PBJTime;2472994 said:
How about the COWBOYS have had an off December for quite some time before Romo arrived.
You make a point there, but I thought romo was going to change all that. :confused:

Maybe he still will. We win the next three there will be no more talk of December.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2472996 said:
You mean he was the reason we went 2-2 last december? Romo is a really good one too bad lousy fans can't see that.
So far in his career with the Cowboys, he's like an offense that plays great between the twenties. As soon as it REALLY starts to matter, for whatever reason, he doesn't get it done.

In the end, I want a playoff win. I'm 40 now and the last time we won a playoff game, I was in my fricking TWENTIES. So yeah, I'm getting a liitle impatient. I think 13 years will do that to a REAL cowboy fan. The lousy ones, IMO, accept mediocrity and call it good.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Air Force One;2473000 said:
You make a point there, but I thought romo was going to change all that. :confused:

Maybe he still will. We win the next three there will be no more talk of December.

Maybe he will and maybe he won't. But, it is still very early in his career and he clearly has the talent. Don't underestimate the fact that we played against an OUTSTANDING defense yesterday at home. This is a defense that hasn't allowed ANY QB to look great this year.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Air Force One;2473018 said:
So far in his career with the Cowboys, he's like an offense that plays great between the twenties. As soon as it REALLY starts to matter, for whatever reason, he doesn't get it done.

In the end, I want a playoff win. I'm 40 now and the last time we won a playoff game, I was in my fricking TWENTIES. So yeah, I'm getting a liitle impatient. I think 13 years will do that to a REAL cowboy fan. The lousy ones IMO, accept mediocrity and call it good.

Fans are fans...they have to accept what is on the field or root for another team. You HAVE to accept it, because you surely aren't changing anything. The only choice you have is to be a fan or not. It doesn't make you a lousy fan to root for your team even when they aren't playing so hot.