Romo has all the Talent in the world, but no spark

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2473129 said:
When there are 2:00 left in a tie game and you get the ball, .. that's where NFL QB's legacy's are defined.

If you take your team down and kick the game-winning FG you are placed into that select group.

Payton Manning, John Elway, Joe Montana, etc.
They are remembered for what they accomplished in that situation.

Every QB is.

yes they are yet many seem to forget the times when those QB's failed in those situations.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Air Force One;2473116 said:
He never said he sucked. Man, some of you guys are beyond having a conversation with.

said the man who claims romo, yes romo has no SPARK.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473135 said:
yes they are yet many seem to forget the times when those QB's failed in those situations.

When the norm is that the QB takes his team down to at least attempt a game winner, then yes, times that they fail are forgotten.

At worst we should have gone to OT.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473135 said:
You make a point. Just like you I hope things change, but unlike you I have fear they will not.

Not saying I believe things will not change ...I'm just afraid a pattern is developing. I hope to god you are right and I am wrong. I would LOVE to eat some crow over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would be the best tasting crow ever.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2473149 said:
When the norm is that the QB takes his team down to at least attempt a game winner, then yes, times that they fail are forgotten.

At worst we should have gone to OT.

I was hoping to go to OT as well but it did not happen. It is one game I doubt Tony career hinged on this 1 game. He has lead up from behind before but for whatever reason, (bad pass by him or bad rout by Witten) it did not happen in this game. I hated losing this game as well but we did, so we either sit around and cry about it or we expect Romo and this team to regroup and beat the Giants.

Lastly I can also remember the great knowledgeable fans and media who claimed Elway and Manning could never win the big game because they failed many times before ever getting the ring.

Aven8

Reaction score
Tony is fine....he just needs a better HC, and QB coach. Make no mistake he is erratic....but there are maybe two other QB's that could have made that play to TO in the back of the endzone.

Witten ran two wrong routes at the end of the game (he said it himself) and TO looked like he was running the wrong routes all day.

I also think Wade Wilson is a lousy QB coach. The last guy he coached was Rex Grossman and look at his erratic behavior. We need a better coaching plain and simple.

Romo can get it done.....he makes our whole team better.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473167 said:
I was hoping to go to OT as well but it did not happen. It is one game I doubt Tony career hinged on this 1 game. He has lead up from behind before but for whatever reason, (bad pass by him or bad rout by Witten) it did not happen in this game. I hated losing this game as well but we did, so we either sit around and cry about it or we expect Romo and this team to regroup and beat the Giants.

Lastly I can also remember the great knowledgeable fans and media who claimed Elway and Manning could never win the big game because they failed many times before ever getting the ring.
Trust me, I love Romo, I would have said these same things if my son were the QB.

I don't blame the loss on him, I blame it on playing "not to lose" the second half of the 4th qtr.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Romo struggled against the best defense in the NFL on the road?

Oh noes.

He suxorz.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2473200 said:
Trust me, I love Romo, I would have said these same things if my son were the QB.

I don't blame the loss on him, I blame it on playing "not to lose" the second half of the 4th qtr.

That's my blame as well. I don't blame any player on this team. My biggest fear came when we became too predictable. I thought we'd become predictable in the 1st quarter but with Choice playing so well we actually had a threat at running back. Then we got too conservative. I don't think we missed Barber until the 4th quarter yesterday. We needed Barber to run the clock out like he did in that Commanders game a couple of weeks back. Who knows if he would've had any success but that's what we needed. To run the clock out and have another running back out there.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Vintage;2473219 said:
Romo struggled against the best defense in the NFL on the road?

Oh noes.

He suxorz.

PBJTime;2473701 said:
:starspin Cut him!

I love the sarcasm but...

You look for the future at QB in the draft this upcoming year.

1. You have a starter that is consistently proving an inability to come up big in the big game.

2. You have nothing, zero, zilch backing him up.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473715 said:
I love the sarcasm but...

You look for the future at QB in the draft this upcoming year.

1. You have a starter that is consistently proving an inability to come up big in the big game.
Holy cow.