Romo has all the Talent in the world, but no spark

Air Force One

Reaction score
PBJTime;2473020 said:
Maybe he will and maybe he won't. But, it is still very early in his career and he clearly has the talent. Don't underestimate the fact that we played against an OUTSTANDING defense yesterday at home. This is a defense that hasn't allowed ANY QB to look great this year.
You make good points as it is early and he may very well yet come around. And yes they did play a great defense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Air Force One;2473018 said:
So far in his career with the Cowboys, he's like an offense that plays great between the twenties. As soon as it REALLY starts to matter, for whatever reason, he doesn't get it done.

In the end, I want a playoff win. I'm 40 now and the last time we won a playoff game, I was in my fricking TWENTIES. So yeah, I'm getting a liitle impatient. I think 13 years will do that to a REAL cowboy fan. The lousy ones, IMO, accept mediocrity and call it good.

So far in his career? yeah it has been how many years? I been watching this team since 65 and I would call a fan lousy when you pin your 13 years of frustration on a QB who has been starting now for only 2 years. The problem seem to be about you.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2472950 said:
Seriously......

Quit swinging on Tony's Nads and diverting blame...

Tony sucked last night and thats a fact.

You can't be lead by the class clown... fact!

Tebow has more heart and leadership skills will ever have... FACT!

And I can't stand the Gators. You were either born as a leader or you were not. Tony is not a leader of men. Its not in his nature. Just as soft spoken Wade or JG aren't either.

Go be a fan of a Flordia team then. We don't need you.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2472950 said:
Seriously......

Quit swinging on Tony's Nads and diverting blame...

Tony sucked last night and thats a fact.

You can't be lead by the class clown... fact!

Tebow has more heart and leadership skills will ever have... FACT!

And I can't stand the Gators. You were either born as a leader or you were not. Tony is not a leader of men. Its not in his nature. Just as soft spoken Wade or JG aren't either.

wow. I don't agree with you often but I do today. The Romo apologists are out in full riot gear. :hammer:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473040 said:
wow. I don't agree with you often but I do today. The Romo apologists are out in full riot gear. :hammer:

Romo having a bad game I don't think many would deny that however when idiots take it to the next level of claiming Romo is not a good QB yes man fans will come to his defense.

Air Force One

Reaction score
PBJTime;2473030 said:
Fans are fans...they have to accept what is on the field or root for another team. You HAVE to accept it, because you surely aren't changing anything. The only choice you have is to be a fan or not. It doesn't make you a lousy fan to root for your team even when they aren't playing so hot.
Word.

I haven't missed a Cowboy game since I was in boot camp in 1989. I watched the ENTIRE 85 Bears/Cowboys game. I lived in Philadelphia during the 70's Pit/Dallas SB games and I'm still here. I listened on the radio the one win against the Commanders the year we went 1-15 and CHEERED MY BUTT off. I'll always remember that win. I was born just north of Dallas in Sherman. They're in my blood forever.

I've walked the line. I also think that gives me the right to complain a little after this many years without a playoff win. But like you say in the end you just have to watch and hope. Not being a Cowboy fan is not an option for me. I've loved the Cowboys before I even knew what the Cowboys were.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Romo's problem is he makes too many bad decisions and isn't a clutch player. He'll never be mistaken for an Elway or Montana.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473046 said:
Romo having a bad game I don't think many would deny that however when idiots take it to the next level of claiming Romo is not a good QB yes man fans will come to his defense.

That idiot word is universal you know. Some might say that a person who continues to blindly dismiss a growing trend while shunning every word from the opposite end of the opinion spectrum also carried the title of idiot. ;)

Air Force One

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473046 said:
I for one didn't say he wasn't good. In fact, I said he's really good. Just not great yet. I'm concerned if he ever will be. I don't think that makes me an idiot. Just realistic.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Air Force One;2473061 said:
I for one didn't say he wasn't good. In fact, I said he's really good.

I agree. He's really good. He's just not big time in the clutch. Big time clutch quarterbacks win Lombardis.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Air Force One;2473061 said:
I for one didn't say he wasn't good. In fact, I said he's really good.

"half the competitiveness and leadership the Tebow shows at Florida"? Tebow is a fricken college QB that rah rah crud will not cut it in the NFL as it does in college. Romo jumping up and down is not what wins games, hell Aikman never went running around acting like Tebow.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473063 said:
I agree. He's really good. He's just not big time in the clutch. Big time clutch quarterbacks win Lombardis.

OK

and some have growing pains along the way.

Romo wasnt solely responsible. He wasnt alone. the fact that the wr and te could not get lined up is not romos fault its their's for being unprepared.

the special teams and defense let the team down in the 4th qtr. Romo just made the glaring mistake that cost us the game.

there is plenty of blame to go around.

and most importantly, he didnt lose the season, this wasnt a win or go home situation.

What do you think the giants thought of manning last year when he lost to washington in december? or during that minnesota game.

he just needs to get the monkey and some ignorant fans off his back.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473068 said:
"half the competitiveness and leadership the Tebow shows at Florida"? Tebow is a fricken college QB that rah rah crud will not cut it in the NFL as it does in college. Romo jumping up and down is not what wins games, hell Aikman never went running around acting like Tebow.
Well, you want to bring Aikman in, Okay. Aikman had a SERIOUSNESS about the game that Romo currently lacks. Plain and simple.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theebs;2473084 said:
he just needs to get the monkey and some ignorant fans off his back.

:rolleyes:

Ignorance is universal.

The aw shucks act is getting old quickly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Air Force One;2473091 said:
Well, you want to bring Aikman in, Okay. Aikman had a SERIOUSNESS about the game that Romo lacks. Plain and simple.

And how do you know this? Going from an undrafted QB to now a starting QB for the Cowboys in which during a short time has already smashed several passing records set by some of the all time greats to play this game? I think this is pure non-sense from fans who are over reacting because they are upset about yesterdays loss and nothing more. Romo had a bad game he will get over it and move forward how about you?

Air Force One

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473096 said:
And how do you know this? Going from an undrafted QB to now a starting QB for the Cowboys in which during a short time has already smashed several passing records set by some of the all time greats to play this game? I think this is pure non-sense from fans who are over reacting because they are upset about yesterdays loss and nothing more. Romo had a bad game he will get over it and move forward how about you?
Anyone with half a brain can see Romo lacks the seriousness that Aikman displayed. The question is not when am I going to move forward but when are ROMO and the Cowboys going to move forward???

Oh, and when you are going to pull your head from the sand would be another great question.;) I want Super Bowls not STATS!!!

Hell. I'd be happy with one little playoff win. That's it. That's not too much to ask, IMO.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473095 said:
:rolleyes:

Ignorance is universal.

The aw shucks act is getting old quickly.

wel stick around.

I will be sure to remind you of how much you think our qb sucks.

Air Force One

Reaction score
theebs;2473107 said:
wel stick around.

I will be sure to remind you of how much you think our qb sucks.
He never said he sucked. Man, some of you guys are beyond having a conversation with.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Air Force One;2473104 said:
Anyone with half a brain can see Romo lacks the seriousness that Aikman displayed. The question is not when am I going to move forward but when are ROMO and the Cowboys going to move forward???

Oh, and when you are going to pull your head from the sand would be another great question.;) I want Super Bowls not STATS!!!

Hell. I'd be happy with one little playoff win. That's it. That's not too much to ask, IMO.

I want a SB as well but evidently you don't get that teams win SB not QB's alone. My head is not in the sand I just do not over react like many around here after disappointing losses.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
When there are 2:00 left in a tie game and you get the ball, .. that's where NFL QB's legacy's are defined.

If you take your team down and kick the game-winning FG you are placed into that select group.

Payton Manning, John Elway, Joe Montana, etc.
They are remembered for what they accomplished in that situation.

Every QB is.