Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

links18

Reaction score
Is this injury from the hit in the Seattle game or was it just discovered incidentally? Because Jerry just told us, he would be back for week 1.....

bark

Reaction score
After the NFL figures out DAK....Kellen is gonna come to rescue to save the season...Book it:D

Dak has yet to go through a progression and make a read....then make the right throw. Every throw is his first read. Teams are gonna start jumping routes...and the Ints will come in waves. :(

The only thing that Dak has going for himself...is his ability to run. I bet he's running alot now. Teams are gonna blitz the bejesus out of us now.

Plus it wouldn't shock me now...that we sit Dax vs Houston. You just don't risk him getting hurt in the season finally.:rolleyes:
And there it is folks.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Good news is Dallas starts with 4 teams rated 17th or lower in total defense

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Half a month sure sounds longer than 14 days.

Fairly certain they are confirming 6 - 10 weeks now

Good news though, saw that it didn't require surgery and wouldn't be a long term problem for Tony

Aven8

Reaction score
If any rookie QB ever had a better situation to come into I can't find it, possibly Wilson, but he didn't have a stud WR.

Our Oline, 2 awesome backs, HOF TE, and Dez. I think he will be fine if the JG and Linny don't screw it up!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo has a broken bone in his back and Garrett isn't ruling him out for the opener? :huh:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
He has shown his whole career that is he incapable of learning. He has talent but has never been very bright. It's the same story every year. I'm ok with Dak. Perhaps he will play at or above his regular season stats in the playoffs.... unlike Romo.

Next man up. It's time.
look, your probably gonna get your wish there, so is there really a need to bash Romo on his way down? Romo is a HOF quality QB that is stuck in a up & down quality orginization.

I do hope the best for Dak, and I think he definitely is our future (as I use him as my sig), but in no way do I think we are better off RIGHT NOW over this injury.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Im actually hoping Dak perfoms well, Cowboys release Romo next off season... He signs with a team with a great defense but needs a qb, kind of like the Bills, and wins it all. It would make me so happy seeing JJ get sweet justice for wasting the years of Romo.

honyock

Reaction score
If Dak's got you there, why make the change at all? For another 3 plays of Romo before he gets hurt again?

It sorta depends. If we're still in contention, but its a 4-4 kind of contention, and Dak has been okay, I'd want Romo back in if he's got the medical okay. If we're 6-2 and Dak has been really good, then I can see the argument to stick with him.

CWR

Reaction score
After the NFL figures out DAK....Kellen is gonna come to rescue to save the season...Book it:D

Dak has yet to go through a progression and make a read....then make the right throw. Every throw is his first read. Teams are gonna start jumping routes...and the Ints will come in waves. :(

The only thing that Dak has going for himself...is his ability to run. I bet he's running alot now. Teams are gonna blitz the bejesus out of us now.

Plus it wouldn't shock me now...that we sit Dax vs Houston. You just don't risk him getting hurt in the season finally.:rolleyes:

And this is the post that led me to block you. Its unfortunate because I did enjoy some of your post.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
@ first I thought he might have torn up a knee...that was such an awful slide. He looked like a player that was washed up during that pathetic slide.

Regardless...we are back into looking for a QB.

Quarterbacks
Jimmy Clausen (29)
Matt Flynn (31)
Josh Freeman (28)
Tarvaris Jackson (33)
Ryan Lindley (27)
Johnny Manziel (24)
Michael Vick (36)
Charlie Whitehurst (34)
T.J. Yates (29)

Here comes Johnny Foosball.....please no

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If that was Rodgers or Brady, I bet that flag comes out. The refs watch the consequences for those guys, and not the mechanics of the play.

You're right, neither Rodgers or Brady have ever been tackled when carrying the football. This is unbelievable.

Assuming you weren't delusional and a flag would be thrown for either of those guys, such a flag would be an entirely awful call. That tackle should not be flagged under any circumstance, and the moment they do start flagging such a tackle the game is officially dead. Just because Romo's back is unable to absorb any sort of damage at all doesn't mean we should be rooting for flags on plays where there is no good reason to throw a flag.