"Romo hasn't earned a dollar he's been given..."

egn22

Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...an-tony-romo-not-earned-dollar-144916175.html

Unbelievable. this guy should be exposed for his ignorance.

excerpt from article:
"When Tony Romo got to Dallas, he had everything around him, and is a loser."

Romo sat and watched a 6-10 last-place Dallas team as a rookie. His second year the Cowboys went 9-7. They were 3-3 when he took over at quarterback in 2006. Dallas went 6-4 (and went to the playoffs) after he became the starter that season. That's a .473 winning percentage with Romo on the bench before he was promoted. Dallas has a .591 winning percentage in games Romo has started.

"At one time he had five Pro Bowlers on the offensive line."

That's not true. The most Pro Bowlers on Dallas' offensive line at one point since Romo became the starter is three, which is excellent, but still is not five. It's worth pointing out that over the last three seasons Dallas has had one Pro Bowl offensive lineman: center Andre Gurode in 2010.

"Because they have no passing game, so nobody's worried about the run."

Tony Romo has started more than 10 games five times in his career. Three of those seasons he finished third in the NFL in passing yards, and another time he finished seventh. His 4,903 yards last season is the ninth highest single-season total in NFL history. He has finished in the top 10 in touchdown passes each of his five full seasons as a starter.

"Tony Romo has not earned a dollar he's been given in this league."

Romo is second in Cowboys history in passing yards, first in touchdown passes and first in quarterback rating. And Dallas has had a better winning percentage with Romo as a starter than it did with Troy Aikman (Aikman's winning percentage as a starter was .569, Romo's is .591, and let's just agree that Aikman had a wee bit more talent around him).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yawn. I saw that earlier... Interview on a Houston network, pandering to a Houston market that no one local would see, except that he mentioned Romo's name.

egn22

Reaction score
yeah he was a certified scrub. which makes me wonder, wouldn't you do everything in your power to not draw attention to your lack of success in your attempt at a NFL career? those statements make me want to see what exactly this dude accomplished in the league.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
So, the guy that was the 16th pick in the 2005 draft, played barely 6 years, and had 3 sacks to show for it is calling Romo a loser. Only in america.

Deep_South

Reaction score
A first round flop who is out of the league is giving an undrafted free agent who is in his 11th season and just signed a 6 year contract a hard time? He's definitely not the "right kind of guy".

CxC1993

Reaction score
Who? Am I supposed to care about who this guy is? Lol. Prime example of someone who is projecting.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Travis Johnson is considered by many to be the worst Texans draft pick of all time. You could just replace "Romo has" with "I have" and you'd have an accurate statement.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's so bad that you don't even have to respond. Just let his stupidity marinate. It speaks for itself.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Here's a fact: Travis Johnson, a defensive lineman, was a first-round pick in 2005.

He has a grand total of....................three sacks.

In his entire career up to date.

Three.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
If someone has something negative to say about a QB in the NFL you won't even hear about it unless he plays for the Cowboys...:mad: