"Romo hasn't earned a dollar he's been given..."

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The whole article is a ridiculous premise, but typical of the sensational, non-journalistic approach prevalent today in sports and the general news.

However, that said, if Tony Romo retires from the NFL without ever having at least a minimal amount of success in the playoffs, his supporters will have to give up any hope that he will ever be recognized as even a very good NFL QB. Stats won't mean a thing. The team surrounding him will mean nothing. He doesn't even need to win a Super Bowl, but if he retires without an NFC title game appearance or a solid string of playoff appearances with more first round wins than losses, history will not remember him fondly, if at all, despite his apologists and fans.

His time to build a legacy that will turn around the perception that he is a stats guy who can't win in the NFL or as a guy who makes the dumbest mistakes at the worst times is growing shorter. At some point Tony needs to find success that goes beyond stats.

ftghb

Reaction score
I actually WATCHED the video and that entire panel is borderline mental.

I thought i recognized travis johnson from somewhere:

dstovall5

Reaction score
If Romo doesn't make it through a full season this year, oh boy our we in trouble. Whether it's due to being benched (wont happen), or due to injury.

As for the article, I couldn't finish reading through that garbage, especially even though it's from a very reliable source, the Hall of Famer Travis Johnson. I read enough non sense about Romo here, so why would I go read some bitter ex-NFL player's opinion who's obviously jealous. He wishes he could have a 1/10 of the success that Romo has.