Romo is going to gut it our Per MSNBC

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've seen several threads like this already and I think the Cowboys have already made it pretty clear by saying that Brad would start Sunday. That was the indication I got when they interviewed him about starting and when Wade said they'd all rally around him as he started Sunday.

Romo isn't going to be allowed, by this staff, to potentially get into the game and make this injury worse or allowed it to keep getting banged up and be a season lingering issue.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
link...:D

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27200323/
Romo to follow Favre's advice and gut it out?
Cowboys QB reportedly will throw in practice Wednesday, be re-evaluated

According to a report by ESPN's Ed Werder, Brett Favre called Tony Romo to tell him to play through the pain of a broken pinkie if he can. Favre told Romo that if he can manage the pain, it's worth it to gut it out.

Apparently Favre's words must be working, because the Dallas Morning News reports, Romo is going to throw in practice today and be re-evaluated.

Favre once played through the pain of a fractured thumb to maintain his consecutive games streak and thinks Romo is tough enough to do the same. Romo wasn't reached for comment in the story, but the Cowboys, perhaps doing some early damage control, said having an injured pinkie finger is tough on a quarterback because it affects grip.

According to the 'Boys, the other fingers can basically be chopped off and you'll be alright. Only kidding about that part, but if you hold a football you can see how having an injured pinkie can be a problem.

So we'll see if Romo can play Sunday against the Rams. Maybe Jessica Simpson has some skin-care products that will help ease Romo's pain. If he can't go, Favre, who no doubt meant well, has set up Romo to look like a wimp.

OK, well that's your Cowboys drama for the day. We'll move on to other things now, or at least until something else interesting comes out of Big D.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
At First it was out 4 weeks, than it was will have to wait and see how it heals, now he is throwing and being re evaluated, Tony Romo and 70% is better the brad Johnson at 40

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sure I will get called a hater or some other silly thing for this.

However. I think he has enough trouble holding onto the ball behind the LOS to even think about going this weekend with a pinky that is really bothering him.

We have seen High Snaps that he has had to pull in, we have seen the O-Line do some crappy blocking this past game and he was trying to make a play only to get the ball stripped by a defender.

Not even taking into the account of some of the throws he makes that seem improvised on the fly miracle plays...can he do that with accuracy with his pinky messed up.

I think it wiser for him to give that thing a little more time. There is a difference between being tough and stupid. They need to weigh the decision between will it help the team more or hurt the team more (short or long term) with his pinky in it's current condition.

Would be hard not to think of it handing the ball off, or another defender breaks through and as Romo is throwing he slams his hand into an oncoming helmet or face mask.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I just heard on Sirius NFL radio that he threw indoors today. That was about it. They said that he was originally expected to miss 4 weeks, but nothing more than that.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2343081 said:

However. I think he has enough trouble holding onto the ball behind the LOS to even think about going this weekend with a pinky that is really bothering him.

We have seen High Snaps that he has had to pull in, we have seen the O-Line do some crappy blocking this past game and he was trying to make a play only to get the ball stripped by a defender.

Not even taking into the account of some of the throws he makes that seem improvised on the fly miracle plays...can he do that with accuracy with his pinky messed up.

I think it wiser for him to give that thing a little more time. There is a difference between being tough and stupid. They need to weigh the decision between will it help the team more or hurt the team more (short or long term) with his pinky in it's current condition.

Would be hard not to think of it handing the ball off, or another defender breaks through and as Romo is throwing he slams his hand into an oncoming helmet or face mask.

Hater.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
No wonder he's rushing back to work:

Tony Romo better rest up, because Jessica Simpson doesn't just want a child – she wants six of them!

“I’d love six kids running around, but I guess I’ll have to start pretty soon,” the "Do You Know" artist told Australia’s Daily Telegraph.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2343081 said:

I agree.

Maybe Tony is eager to play with his new toy. :D

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Bass-Assasin;2343066 said:
At First it was out 4 weeks, than it was will have to wait and see how it heals, now he is throwing and being re evaluated, Tony Romo and 70% is better the brad Johnson at 40

I disagree. If Romo is not 100% or close to it, especially when his injury is on his throwing hand, he will hurt the team more than help it.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
Being tough could send a huge message to the team, and if you can adjust a offense for brad johnson not being mobile, I think you could adjust it for Romo not completely on his game

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2343081 said:

.:clap:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bass-Assasin;2343106 said:
Being tough could send a huge message to the team

IF, and that's a big IF, he can pull it off....deal with the pain and remain effective....then I couldn't agree more. It would be a huge message to this team, one they seem to need badly.