Romo is going to gut it our Per MSNBC

FCBarca

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2343081 said:
I am sure I will get called a hater or some other silly thing for this.

However. I think he has enough trouble holding onto the ball behind the LOS to even think about going this weekend with a pinky that is really bothering him.

We have seen High Snaps that he has had to pull in, we have seen the O-Line do some crappy blocking this past game and he was trying to make a play only to get the ball stripped by a defender.

Not even taking into the account of some of the throws he makes that seem improvised on the fly miracle plays...can he do that with accuracy with his pinky messed up.

I think it wiser for him to give that thing a little more time. There is a difference between being tough and stupid. They need to weigh the decision between will it help the team more or hurt the team more (short or long term) with his pinky in it's current condition.

Would be hard not to think of it handing the ball off, or another defender breaks through and as Romo is throwing he slams his hand into an oncoming helmet or face mask.

Good stuff...Yeah, I am very skeptical that Romo will get out there earlier than what the club will allow him...In an ideal world, he makes it into the bye week a lot better and ready for the Commanders on the road to exact some revenge

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
Playing through injuries is key to winning a Super Bowl, Emmitt Smith played with a dislocated shoulder, so is Witten, he if plays the team will rally better with him toughing it out, than around Brad Johnson, Ken Norton Played a season with a torn Biceps and Pec muscle and we went to the Super Bowl, if he can throw he should play you can't hold anything back

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I don't believe it.

MSNBC harbors a clear liberal bias; therefore, they would naturally err on the side of less caution.

If Fox News reports it, I'll be more inclined to believe it. After all, with a conservative bias, Fox is more likely to err on the side of caution.
Calm down, people. I'm just kidding.:p:

marchetta

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2343181 said:
I don't believe it.

MSNBC harbors a clear liberal bias; therefore, they would naturally err on the side of less caution.

If Fox News reports it, I'll be more inclined to believe it. After all, with a conservative bias, Fox is more likely to err on the side of caution.
Calm down, people. I'm just kidding.:p:

[SARCASM] Yeah, Faux News is a more credible news organization than MSNBC. [/SARCASM] :rolleyes:

juck

Reaction score
Maybe he can wear a glove to help him with grip,like ben does.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
Romo should just wait and has himself a good sittings this week. We can beat up on the sorried Rams with Brad T.O. and Big Roy pitchin and catchin.

But after that we gonna need Romo pretty strongly.

So one week rest and then tape up that pinky and let it rip!

I'm so full up on excites to see Longhorn Roy on the team wear he has a belongings for!!

Yaaay Mister Jerry Jones for getting him I loves you proud! :bow:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
tomson75;2343142 said:
IF, and that's a big IF, he can pull it off....deal with the pain and remain effective....then I couldn't agree more. It would be a huge message to this team, on they seem to need badly.

It would send a HUGE message to the team and around the league as well that Romo has brass balls, just like Farve.

Romo with 9 fingers >>>>> Brad "noodle arm" Johnson with 10

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
Can't Romo get pain shots to ease it and just ice it everytime hes off the field? Aswell as tape it? Or will that not work?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
marchetta;2343196 said:
[SARCASM] Yeah, Faux News is a more credible news organization than MSNBC. [/SARCASM] :rolleyes:

Read it again. I you think missed something.:D

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
Romo is listed Day-to Day on the team injury list, Mc Briar shows IR, but maybe it is all smoke

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blog...20b50a06f86c&sid=sitelife.truebluefanclub.com

The Cowboys went indoors to escape the afternoon rain for practice, and yes, both Roys were practicing, newly-acquired wide receiver Roy Williams and veteran safety Roy Williams. But just in case you think some miracle had occurred overnight and Tony Romo was going to jump into practice, as you were. Romo isn’t.
No. 11 Williams is practicing for the first time with the Cowboys following Tuesday’s trade, and know that when owner Jerry Jones walked out to practice, he was seen shaking hands with the now former Detroit wide receiver. But making sure he did not ruffle any of those feathers everyone is just anticipating will be ruffled by this trade, Jones first shook hands with Terrell Owens on the way out on the practice field.

And just in case anything else matters, not practicing on Wednesday along with Romo (broken finger) are Felix Jones (hamstring), Anthony Spencer (hamstring), Terence Newman (sports hernia surgery), Kyle Kosier (foot) and Sam Hurd (ankle surgery). Also practicing for the first time this year with the Cowboys is punter Sam Paulescu, replacing veteran Mat McBriar (foot) on the 53-man roster.

Most encouraging for the Cowboys is seeing No. 38 Roy Williams again on the practice field, suggesting at least he might have a chance of playing Sunday against the Rams. Thirty-eight has been out since fracturing his forearm in the second game of the season but had jumped into practice last week with a heavily protected arm.

- Mickey Spagnola

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
marchetta;2343196 said:

This forum is a more credible news organization than MSNBC

Hell I personally am a more credible news orgainization than MSNBC

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2343081 said:
I am sure I will get called a hater or some other silly thing for this.

However. I think he has enough trouble holding onto the ball behind the LOS to even think about going this weekend with a pinky that is really bothering him.

We have seen High Snaps that he has had to pull in, we have seen the O-Line do some crappy blocking this past game and he was trying to make a play only to get the ball stripped by a defender.

Not even taking into the account of some of the throws he makes that seem improvised on the fly miracle plays...can he do that with accuracy with his pinky messed up.

I think it wiser for him to give that thing a little more time. There is a difference between being tough and stupid. They need to weigh the decision between will it help the team more or hurt the team more (short or long term) with his pinky in it's current condition.

Would be hard not to think of it handing the ball off, or another defender breaks through and as Romo is throwing he slams his hand into an oncoming helmet or face mask.
I'm with you.

If nothing else, let Brad start and see how he does. The offense may do just fine with him in there. If not *and* Tony is okay to throw, let him try to bring us back.

And just think if Brad struggled, Tony came in, and we won? It would only add to his resume.

But I'd let him rest. Looks to me like he could use a week or two off to clear his head anyway.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Some of you people don't understand the differences involved from a medical standpoint. A dislocated shoulder is different from a shoulder separation yada yada.

It will of course be up to Romo and the owner about him playing. If Romo wants to take a chance and the team agrees (the doc won't IMO) then he can play and suffer any consequences. He's a big boy.

But I can't believe the team would actually take a chance on that becoming a good deal worse injury. I can't fathom it. And I think Wade and the team are just allowing Tony to be tough trying to throw. But I'd be very surprised if he got snaps for obvious reasons and because Johnson is likely the starter Sunday.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
That would be a question ?????????? and nedding to clear his head he does have the best passer rating in the NFL right now.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2343214 said:
It would send a HUGE message to the team and around the league as well that Romo has brass balls, just like Farve.

Romo with 9 fingers >>>>> Brad "noodle arm" Johnson with 10

You people are crazy. The amount of protection you would have to put in and the changes in routes to account for his pinky would have a much more adverse effect than putting Brad in there.

In essense you would not only be putting in shorter routes for Tony to get it out quicker, you would also be changing your protection schemes to keep him safer.

You're better off with Brad if you have to do both of those for Tony.

Not to mention any accuracy issues it would cause. Be smart Tony - take the time off. Everybody knows your tuff enough after the 15 stitches in Cleveland!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bass-Assasin;2343253 said:
That would be a question ?????????? and nedding to clear his head he does have the best passer rating in the NFL right now.

I didn't think this was directed to me but I have no idea what you meant by that. Please, clarify.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
Yes it was a question,

And He does not need to clear his head he hsa the best completion %, most yards, and best QB rating

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
There's no earthly reason for him to rush back. BJ is more than capable of holding down the fort for a game or two. Judging by those last few throws in OT, he can't be effective with this injury.