Romo is going to gut it our Per MSNBC

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Favre can demonstrate how Romo can effectively deliver the ball with a heavily bandaged pinky finger. His grip and Romo's are very, very similar (see below), so he should be able to pull off the show-and tell. Or not.

From snap to throw, both he and Romo torque the ball in their deliveries in similar fashion. Each grip the ball with their other three fingers very high on the ball with their pinky finger resting near the back portion of the laces. Subtract that finger and Romo's delivery will become less effective due to having less control upon release of the ball. He'll end up pushing the ball forward moreso than simply following through with his release.

Favre wants to play doctor, but the closest he can relate is having a broken thumb in '03. He's had hand injuries in '04 and '05, but nothing severe. A broken thumb is serious because it affects how much pressure you can squeeze the ball, but a broken thumb doesn't adversely affect a stable delivery of the ball as much as a broken finger. Brett "Vicodin Man" Favre should consider that before telling another quarterback to gut it out with a broken pinkie finger.

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Pinkies.jpg​

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Romo needs a break this week...

and the boys & Jason need a little break from Romo.

a few weeks won't hurt. He's not a 21 year old but inexperienced in terms of starting QB.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
How can you say that, He has the best QB ratings in the league he just needs more protection from the o line

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Bass-Assasin;2343447 said:
How can you say that, He has the best QB ratings in the league he just needs more protection from the o line

because he's hurt, regressing and Jason is a rookie too.

get well, get some practice and let Brad tune this bus. he'll keep the seat warm.

plus we're 5-5 in romo's last 10. lets get real folks. stats are just numbers easily manipulated.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
Lets look at the big picture Romo is 33-9 overall and has a 64% completion, last to do that was troy aikman

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Bass-Assasin;2343461 said:
Lets look at the big picture Romo is 33-9 overall and has a 64% completion, last to do that was troy aikman

flawed spin.

5-5 and 2 playoff losses along with december fades.

broken HAND bone (5th metacarpal... google it... not pinky).

time to take off the homer goggles and be responsible.

we dont' need an "iron man diva" (ie. #4)

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
chinch;2343454 said:
because he's hurt, regressing and Jason is a rookie too.

get well, get some practice and let Brad tune this bus. he'll keep the seat warm.

plus we're 5-5 in romo's last 10. lets get real folks. stats are just numbers easily manipulated.

Here's the thing about Romo though. Yeah, he hasn't been nearly his best the last 10 games. That 5-5 record -- albeit not horrible, CERTAINLY not to our level of expectations -- shows as much.

Yet I bet he has about a 90 QB rating during that 10-game stretch with considerable more TDs than INTs. I'd love to see his stats over that stretch, in fact.

My point being that, yeah, Romo's not been nearly as good as he needs to be -- yet even in being what some here deem "sucking" he's better than most guys out there. When he's at his best, he's practically unmatched.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
So you are saying that we should bench romo if he can play and put in brad johnson, and maybe trade romo next year, it took peyton manning awhile to win a playoff game and superbowl, same with Eli this is romos second full year

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Bass-Assasin;2343496 said:
So you are saying that we should bench romo if he can play and put in brad johnson, and maybe trade romo next year, it took peyton manning awhile to win a playoff game and superbowl, same with Eli this is romos second full year

nope. i'm saying he's hurt - will be ineffective and fumble even more if that's possible - and a month off will do everyone good. including inexperienced OC and annointed-one JG.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
Here are the numbers

1689 Pass yards

103.5 passer rating

64% Completion

281 Pass yards a game

8.4 yards per play

2 Lost Fumbles

5 Int which is less than previous years and on a pace to be less

Trying not throw Int's and waiting in the pocket is why he has more fumbles

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Anoune who thinks we are better off with Romo on the bench is a friggin idiot

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
exactly,

The last time Brad Johnson Filed in for Minnesota he had 15 interceptions and 29 sacks

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
I agree overall (when he' son he's lights out) but we have a larger sample now. he's at his best in spurts and making mistakes-o-plenty (more than a starting QB should ever make)

the QB rating vs better teams... not great... see below

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6624/gamelog;_ylt=AiCiQRMCnqsHrx.C_h4dc.n.uLYF?year=2007
L Phi - 22.2
W CAR - 81.2
L WAS - 34.9
L NYG -64.7
-----
W CLE - 103.6
W PHI - 123,2
W GB - 82.6
L WAS - 90.7
W CIN - 106.2
L AR - 116.2 <----- perfect misleading stat

DO WE WANT TO GET BETTER OR PASS OUT CUPCAKES & SUNSHINE?

RainMan;2343495 said:
Here's the thing about Romo though. Yeah, he hasn't been nearly his best the last 10 games. That 5-5 record -- albeit not horrible, CERTAINLY not to our level of expectations -- shows as much.

Yet I bet he has about a 90 QB rating during that 10-game stretch with considerable more TDs than INTs. I'd love to see his stats over that stretch, in fact.

My point being that, yeah, Romo's not been nearly as good as he needs to be -- yet even in being what some here deem "sucking" he's better than most guys out there. When he's at his best, he's practically unmatched.

Bass-Assasin

Reaction score
the same teams he was bad against he was good against what does that prove

The fact is without romo we are 8-8 team again IE Vinny Testaverde, Brew Bledsoe, Brad Johnson

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
leotisbrown;2343207 said:
Romo should just wait and has himself a good sittings this week. We can beat up on the sorried Rams with Brad T.O. and Big Roy pitchin and catchin.

But after that we gonna need Romo pretty strongly.

So one week rest and then tape up that pinky and let it rip!

I'm so full up on excites to see Longhorn Roy on the team wear he has a belongings for!!

Yaaay Mister Jerry Jones for getting him I loves you proud! :bow:

:bow:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
chinch;2343537 said:
I agree overall (when he' son he's lights out) but we have a larger sample now. he's at his best in spurts and making mistakes-o-plenty (more than a starting QB should ever make)

the QB rating vs better teams... not great... see below

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6624/gamelog;_ylt=AiCiQRMCnqsHrx.C_h4dc.n.uLYF?year=2007
L Phi - 22.2
W CAR - 81.2
L WAS - 34.9
L NYG -64.7
-----
W CLE - 103.6
W PHI - 123,2
W GB - 82.6
L WAS - 90.7
W CIN - 106.2
L AR - 116.2 <----- perfect misleading stat

DO WE WANT TO GET BETTER OR PASS OUT CUPCAKES & SUNSHINE?

So Brad Johnson makes us better?

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. Romo is supposed to take a snap from center with this broken metacarpal? (The metacarpal is the bone inside the hand, the pinkie is technically a phalanage)

Does he not receive the snap to his right hand?

If he can throw, he should play. If he can't (as we have to assume based on the overtime throws), he shouldn't.