Romo is having a tough year

Brooksey

Reaction score
He has all the talent in the world but he is forcing the ball and doesn't seem to have any zip on the ball, he is releasing it late and seems like he doesn't want to be hit anymore. I was watching Eli Manning against the Panthers and after laughing that he made the Pro bowl over Romo, I had to re-think it. Eli is playing with a lot of confidence and putting some nice zip on his throws.

I believe Romo is a better Quarterback but he is just not himself or the play calling and the scouting of our 2008 offense is really effecting him. Either way we need Romo and JG to step up...Big time!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:welcome: to The Zone.

Romo isn't having fun. He seems uncertain and worried about something. I keep hoping that all that is wrong with the Cowboys will disappear just in time for the Philly game. We can win despite the uncertainty and I hope we do. When Romo is clicking, the Cowboys are unstoppable.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
He just needs to learn that forcing the ball usually turns into bad plays. He has only played in 5 or 6 games in his career when he has not had a turnover. That is crazy, the guy is either stupid, or careless, I tend to think he's careless, but he needs to fix that.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2526175 said:

Romo isn't having fun. He seems uncertain and worried about something. I keep hoping that all that is wrong with the Cowboys will disappear just in time for the Philly game. We can win despite the uncertainty and I hope we do. When Romo is clicking, the Cowboys are unstoppable.

Relationship must be on the rocks. My guess is Jessica Simpson was his first, and he's learning a tough Hollywood lesson.

links18

Reaction score
Tony sounded very frustrated in the post-game press conference last week, basically lamenting how tough it is when the other team plays good defense, taking away the deep routes, but also getting pressure on the passer. Sorry Tony, if you want to win in this league you have to find a way to score on the good defenses too. You might not score as much, but you still have to score and then lean of your own defense to hold the opposing offense. You might want to talk to your offensive coordinator and come up with a plan to do that, rather than just thinking you can go out play street ball and rely on your talent and skills to get it done. Scoring on the good defenses is going to require some game planning and game management I am afraid.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He needs to squirt TO more.

http://img117.*************/img117/1641/vlcsnap27746yn7.jpg

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
This time last year I believed romo was better than eli. Now I believe the inverse is true. As stated, romo seems to have lost some zip on his passes and just makes too many errant throws.

That said i think Romo is still our man, but he must play smarter if we want to make/survive the playoffs.

802dave

Reaction score
Is it Romo; Is it Redball; is it because Sparano's gone and left a vacuum; we never hear nothing about Wade Wilson - does he need a better QB coach?

Romo and Garrett seemed a lot happier last year; we noticed they weren't smiling on the sideline early this year; there's been a problem from the beginning of the year; it's lasted all year and it ain't TO!

links18

Reaction score
Eddie;2526202 said:
CARELESS.

That describes Romo to the tee.

No, I don't think careless is the right word. That implies he doesn't know what he is doing. Reckless is more like it. He admitted as much with his bizarre comment about his throw it up for grabs passes being like punts. He knows what he his doing. Trouble is there is no leadership from the coaches or the organization to change that. Kyle Orton is careless......

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
links18;2526188 said:
Tony sounded very frustrated in the post-game press conference last week, basically lamenting how tough it is when the other team plays good defense, taking away the deep routes, but also getting pressure on the passer. Sorry Tony, if you want to win in this league you have to find a way to score on the good defenses too. You might not score as much, but you still have to score and then lean of your own defense to hold the opposing offense. You might want to talk to your offensive coordinator and come up with a plan to do that, rather than just thinking you can go out play street ball and rely on your talent and skills to get it done. Scoring on the good defenses is going to require some game planning and game management I am afraid.

He did that twice in the 4th quarter, but our defense let us down. When one area of the team clicks, another area fails us. We should've won the Baltimore game, but the D brainfarted twice in back to back series. I blame Romo for his mistakes, but that loss was on the whole ball club.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
I don't think careless is the word. I think it's supreme confidence, sometimes to a fault. It's what allows him to make the plays that leave us with our mouths agape. However, it's also what makes us "****" two or three times a game. He ALWAYS believes he can make a play. He NEVER gives up on a play. It leads to alot of big plays and also the occational devistating turnover. He just has to learn that every now and then, a throw away or a punt aren't the worst things in the world.

links18

Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;2526217 said:
I don't think careless is the word. I think it's supreme confidence, sometimes to a fault. It's what allows him to make the plays that leave us with our mouths agape. However, it's also what makes us "****" two or three times a game. He ALWAYS believes he can make a play. He NEVER gives up on a play. It leads to alot of big plays and also the occational devistating turnover. He just has to learn that every now and then, a throw away or a punt aren't the worst things in the world.

Oh, I think Tony knows a punt isn't a bad thing. Heck, he even does the punter's job for him sometimes. :D

links18

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2526216 said:
He did that twice in the 4th quarter, but our defense let us down. When one area of the team clicks, another area fails us. We should've won the Baltimore game, but the D brainfarted twice in back to back series. I blame Romo for his mistakes, but that loss was on the whole ball club.

Yeah, we moved the ball on them late, but the offense was mostly non-existent through 3 quarters. That isn't going to get it done. We also scored late at Arizona, problem was it was just a little too late. We need more consistency out of the offense and Romo and Garrett have to realize that they can't play pitch and catch and expect that to work against good Ds. They can't wait untill the 4th quarter to figure out who is a linebacker and who is a D-Lineman. They need to go into the game with a good idea already of what the opposing D is going to do and they need to make better adjustments a lot earlier than we saw it last week. It goes to game planning and game managment and we have mostly failed at that this year (The 2nd Commanders and Giants games being exceptions.)

Mansta54

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2526175 said:

So true!!! Romo hasn't been himself but I'll take him any day of the week. He's gonna have a HUGE day tomorrow against the Beagles...

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;2526217 said:

Ya, very true, but thats why you have coaches right? That's their job to mentally prepare him for those situations. He needs someone in his ear, he needs someone actually coaching him. Most of the greats had good coaches...

sbark

Reaction score
With his mobility and "moxie", If Garrett would implement and Romo buy into it........bits and pieces of the West Coast offense

would help the patience level of both Garrett and Romo.......they gotta realize, teams are just taking the quik strike stuff away, and banking one of the 2 run out of patience in a drive......seems to working....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Careless and confident. He has just thrown it up at times. If he was trying to thread the needle and got picked then that's one thing. Just throwing it up and hoping your player instead of the other two or three isn't going to cut it. It's just stupid.

He should be maturing to the point he can distinguish between those moments.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
It should also be mentioned that some of his picks this year were just bad throws, but not bad decisions. The four that come to mind immediately are the two against the Commanders and the two last week. The two against Washington, T.O. was open but the ball was behind him. Same with the two against Baltimore. Roy was open on the first and T.O. was open on the second but the ball came up fluttering like a shot duck both times. Is the hand still bothering him? It should also be mentioned that the play before his second pick against the Ravens he threw a perfect pass but T.O. didn't know where the ball was. Could have been six for us instead of three the other way.