Romo is having a tough year

Brooksey

Reaction score
If Romo does not hit TO perfectly on stride , especially when its an "over the shoulder" catch for 6 points, T.O never seems to make a great play on it. I have seen him make some great catches but not this type of catch.

landryscorner

Reaction score
just watched the sept 15 philly game it's like night and day with ROMO then and now??? guys what went wrong?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I think Tony is right now at the critical part of his career. The early fun stuff of 2006 is over. The great Season of 2007 is over. Now he is in the hard times of fighting to make the playoffs and dealing with injuries and other problems. How he handles this will tell the tale on how good a QB and leader he is going to be for the rest of his career.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
burmafrd;2526397 said:
I think Tony is right now at the critical part of his career. The early fun stuff of 2006 is over. The great Season of 2007 is over. Now he is in the hard times of fighting to make the playoffs and dealing with injuries and other problems. How he handles this will tell the tale on how good a QB and leader he is going to be for the rest of his career.

Well stated and very much on point. ;)

adamc91115

Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2526226 said:
Romo is still the top rated QB in the NFC!

But.. But... BUT he's careless! But he isn't clutch! He's never won a big game! He insulted my family!

It seems Romo actually helped dig his own grave on this one... He spoiled a lot of people.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I doubt his maturity is going to be like a light bulb. He's going to be off and on. But he needs to stop shooting at the flag on every shot to the green. Sometimes you need to just hit the green or even lay up. Tony is too aggressive at times. Way too often.

Brooksey

Reaction score
If he can stop the mistakes and throw the ball accurately downfield he is one of the best in the league.

MONT17

Reaction score
Im sure the injuries r killing ROMO but every QB has some type of injury or pain they are playing with... the Question should be if Romo is having problems with injuries at 26 what happens at 30?

or maybe he is the Scott Mitchell of the Dallas Cowboys... he played over his head, got a big contract that he cant live up to and has talent at every skill position and failed to live up to expectations.

anyone have Scott Mitchells 95 numbers?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Scott Mitchell in 1995:

346 ATT 583 CMP 59.3 CMP% 4338 YDS 32 TD 12 INT 92.3 QBR

After that year, he never had a QBR above 79.

sago1

Reaction score
Has anybody stopped to think and realize that Romo has essentially not been healthy through most of this season. We started off with his injuried right pinkie where he missed 3 games; he returns to play with a split for 3 games and played pretty well. Plays Steelers w/o the split; didn't play well and can't help but think his pinkie was still a problem. His back gets heat during Giant game and can't help but think it has to affect his ability to put his upper body into a throw thus losing zip when he throws the ball. Romo deserves credit for trying to play those games when he probably not healthy enough to get the job done. Hopefully both his back and right pinkie are good today so we can play the Eagles in top form.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
MONT17;2526734 said:
maybe he is the Scott Mitchell of the Dallas Cowboys... he played over his head, got a big contract that he cant live up to and has talent at every skill position and failed to live up to expectations.
Only one problem with the Scott Mitchell theory. Romo has done it for three seasons now. Not just one.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
brooksey1;2526166 said:
He has all the talent in the world but he is forcing the ball and doesn't seem to have any zip on the ball, he is releasing it late and seems like he doesn't want to be hit anymore. I was watching Eli Manning against the Panthers and after laughing that he made the Pro bowl over Romo, I had to re-think it. Eli is playing with a lot of confidence and putting some nice zip on his throws.

I believe Romo is a better Quarterback but he is just not himself or the play calling and the scouting of our 2008 offense is really effecting him. Either way we need Romo and JG to step up...Big time!
I'm sorry, when did Eli break a finger this season? What's that? He didn't? Oh ok. Guess that's why he might have more zip on his throws. :rolleyes:

30yrheel

Reaction score
romo is just very streaky, either very hot or very cold. he's probably not as great a qb as he appeared at one time last year. he's just come back down to earth a little this year, and along with the injuries he's lost some confidence.