Romo or Big Ben?

cowboys19

Reaction score
Who would you rather have now and in the future?
I already did VY and Romo, so i figure this one will be close just because these 2 players are so close in terms of style of play.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
cowboys19;1765353 said:
Who would you rather have now and in the future?
I already did VY and Romo, so i figure this one will be close just because these 2 players are so close in terms of style of play.

There is not a QB in this league that I would trade Romo for. I know that sounds crazy to some.. but really I wouldn't. I know Brady and P. Manning are both great QB and headed for the HOF.. but Romo makes watching this team FUN. He has so much fun playing and you can tell it. He is a really great kid and I am just proud to have him.

Honestly.. i wouldn't give up Romo for anyone else in this league.. period.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Romo and it's not even close.

romo has like 600+ yards more this season, is more mobile and has Moxie.

Ben can make some throws but for the most part he cannot lead a Offense like romo. He needs the running game to get going.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo..............next question..

sago1

Reaction score
Romo. Why would anyone even ask that question on a Cowboy board?

We've watched him for over 1 year and love the way he plays the game. He's exciting and there's never a doubt that somehow he'll find a way for us to win. His enthusiasm along with his God-given talents has infected his team and elevated their play. Like MBIII said, he plays off Romo and so does the rest of the team.

Most important of all, Romo makes us smile. We like the player and love the kid in him.

Finally, Romo didn't get things handed to him like so many high draft picks. He had to fight from the first day when he joined the Cowboys as an undrafted FA just to make the team. He's an example of what can happen to anyone if they really want something and have the tenacity to go after it. In other words, some times in this big world the little guy can get off the floor and win it big. Not surprised at all that his jersey is the NFL's #1 seller.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The guys on Mike and Mike were talking about this the other day. They had a ranking of the young QBs in the league with a good deal of experience. For some reason they threw in Derek Anderson but their rankings were pretty much.....think they were talking 27 and younger too but it was something like this.

1. Big Ben
2a. Romo
2b. Carson Palmer
4. Rivers
5. Eli Manning
6. Derek Anderson
7. Jason Campbell

They may have had a couple of them switched in the middle but Campbell was last, Big Ben at #1 with Romo and Palmer interchangable. They ranked the 2 and 3 guys but were so back and forth that they may as well have just said flip a coin.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1765406 said:
The guys on Mike and Mike were talking about this the other day. They had a ranking of the young QBs in the league with a good deal of experience. For some reason they threw in Derek Anderson but their rankings were pretty much.....think they were talking 27 and younger too but it was something like this.

1. Big Ben
2a. Romo
2b. Carson Palmer
4. Rivers
5. Eli Manning
6. Derek Anderson
7. Jason Campbell

They may have had a couple of them switched in the middle but Campbell was last, Big Ben at #1 with Romo and Palmer interchangable. They ranked the 2 and 3 guys but were so back and forth that they may as well have just said flip a coin.

I think that is mostly because Big Ben has won a SB and Romo hasn't yet. We win it all this year or next and perception will change.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Big Ben is a statue.

He doesn't have moxie.

Hes slow.

He has a long wind up when throwing.

He can't win a game in the 2 minute drive when it matters.

INcowboy

Reaction score
I like Big Ben and he is having a good season, but I would take Romo right now. Romo is more accurate out of the pocket. Plus I dont think Romo owns a motorcycle.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
INcowboy;1765436 said:
I like Big Ben and he is having a good season, but I would take Romo right now. Romo is more accurate out of the pocket. Plus I dont think Romo owns a motorcycle.

That is just mean, funny, but mean.

Id take Romo as well.

Ren

Reaction score
Romo easy

Big Ben is having a great year but let's be real here, take away that Steelers running game and how many game would he win?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
On my way to work yesterday they had John Clayton on and he was ask by Mike Greenberg to rate the top QBs that were 27 and under.

Here is the way he said he would take the QBs if starting a franchise.

1. Carson Palmer
  2. Ben Crapfilledburger
  3. Tony Romo

ID10T

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Folks, both players are good and have nothing but upside.

I would love to have either one of them on the team.

This offense is structured around Anthony Ramiro Romo and he has been doing a fantastic job.

I will never understand why one good QB has to be better than the other good QB?

This is not The Highlander...where there can only be ONE :D .

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1765466 said:
Folks, both players are good and have nothing but upside.

I would love to have either one of them on the team.

This offense is structured around Anthony Ramiro Romo and he has been doing a fantastic job.

I will never understand why one good QB has to be better than the other good QB?

This is not The Highlander...where there can only be ONE :D .

I CALL BS! There is only ONE Super Star Dallas Cowboys QB. Then you have the schlep to backs him up.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1765429 said:
Big Ben is a statue.

He doesn't have moxie.

Hes slow.

He has a long wind up when throwing.

He can't win a game in the 2 minute drive when it matters.

Cmon. Be objective. Have you SEEN Rothlussburgur play? He's FAR from slow, certainly not a "statue." He's a big guy with a pretty big arm who throws accurately and can run. Second to Romo, I'd take Big Ben in a heartbeat.

But Rothlussburgur isn't Tony Romo. He moves extremely well, but not like Romo. He'd have fallen on the ball after the center's bad snap and taken a 30-yard loss. Ben lacks Tony's lightning-quick release and ultra eerie presence in the pocket. I've never been in the huddle with Burger Boy, so I know nothing about his leadership, but you never hear the national media talk about it. According to FOX's pre-game show a few weeks back, Romo is not only the definitive leader of the Cowboys but can be credited with single-handedly lifting his team. He makes a ton of money, but that's not why he plays. He plays because he loves the game, joy that's blatantly evident on the field. His spirit is infectious and it has taken hold of the entire team. They love playing with Tony. He makes it fun. Romo is simply just the perfect quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. He's not just good, he's a star, on and off the field. He's a good-looking, charismatic kid with Hall of Fame type game (IMHO). He just has "it," and I'm not sure BR does. Most of all, Tony is the funnest guy in the league to watch play, and that's the bottom line.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I can see why they say Big Ben is better but when you watch both guys play its really not even close.

Ben is the safe pick though. But ill take Romo and would be very upset if I lost out on Romo for Big Ben.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Romo, hands down.

The "it" factor with Romo is greater than any other QB in the league IMO. Some guys passes look better and they have stronger arms but Romo just goes out and makes plays time after time. Palmer has a great arm and is the prototype but really does not make plays for that team to win the game. Roth, while not the prototype that Palmer is actually moves around, avoids the rush and does make plays, he has a bit more "it" than Palmer.

Nobody in the league does it the way Romo does it IMO except his idol Favre, it is just a different style - a fun one to watch. They don't have to have perfect protection, they do some unorthodox things at times, but they just make plays period!