Romo Pulls Off the Impossible! (Giants vs. Cowboys 2015, Week 1)

gtb1943

Reaction score
hence why i attached the one where he completed it.
One thing the Romo haters were very consistent on was that wins were everything
stats are nothing
almost is nothing

gtb1943

Reaction score
Prescott has 12 fourth quarter comebacks and 20 game winning drives. Are none of them impressive?

A top 4th quarter comeback by Dallas vs Giants is the 2003 MNF game. Dallas got the ball trailing by 3 points with 11 seconds left and were able to tie it up and eventually win in overtime. With Quincy Carter.
that example does not exactly support the Dak fanboobs does it? I mean if Quincy could do it then its nothing special, right?

joseephuss

Reaction score
that example does not exactly support the Dak fanboobs does it? I mean if Quincy could do it then its nothing special, right?
My intent was not to support them. Quincy's one of only a few successes does not take away from the many late game successes of either Romo or Prescott. Both Tony and Dak have stepped up in the 4th quarter several times in their careers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Imagine thinking that is remotely the same lol.

Dak had a one point defecit, 3 timeouts that he wasted with minimal gains, and was gifted a facemask penalty and Zeke finishing it off.
Dunbar literally did all the work this drive him and Witten lol.

John813

Reaction score
2015 was cursed.

The draft ends and we think we got 3 "first round talents" in Jones, Gregory and Collins(UDFA).

Dez holds out along with Demaryius in the offseason.
Gets a foot injury that IMO impacted the rest of his career in week 1.

Then you have Joseph Randle talking smack on Murray.
He gets benched and then I think arrested the same year.

Romo completes an insane week 1 comeback vs the Giants only to break his collarbone in week 2 and then vs Carolina later on during the Thanksgiving blowout loss.

Sean Lee stayed relatively healthy too making the season a bigger bummer as he was actually healthy for 14 games.

pete026

Reaction score
How good was the Giants pass defense in 2015? 30th? 31st?

This would have been the last of the many Romo 4th quarter comebacks I would have chosen if I wanted to highlight this topic. And just to put things in perspective of only performing well against bad teams. The oppostion's year-end record of all of Romo's 4th quarter comebacks, if totalled, equates to a .290 win percentage.

Not the biggest Aikman fan as an announcer but when someone brings up 4th quarter comeback records; his reply is the team must not have played well in the first 3 quarters to have so many of them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol Romo is gone, get over it. He didn't win us any Superbowls or get us to any championship games either. He was also good friends with Garrett, probably one of the reasons Garrett stayed so long
And he was practically Jerry's adopted son. Id be shocked if he wasn't in Jerry's will

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One thing the Romo haters were very consistent on was that wins were everything
stats are nothing
almost is nothing
Romo and Prescott are the same dude. But no one on either side of the line wants to admit it.

Both heavy on stats and very light on signature wins

jujoboys

Reaction score
Poll time------ who thinks Dak could have done this?

My vote is NO !

No, because Dak dominates bad Giants’ teams. That 2015 Giants’ team was 6-10. Dak has. a 12 game winning streak against the Giants. The reason Dallas was behind in that game is because Rono threw 2 interceptions that gave the Giants points.

Dak did led Dallas to a come from behind victory against the Giants in 2018.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I say the same thing. If some of y’all had to pay before posting reply we wouldn’t hear half the crap you spew.
You literally said other players did all the work on a drive that Romo threw on ever single play.
You were trying to defend the idea that the drive Dak was involved in was in anyway remotely similar to the drive Romo was the QB for.
And then you have the nerve to say other people spew crap.

There are other drives Dak has been a part of that were far more impressive. Busting out that one is kind of embarrassing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You literally said other players did all the work on a drive that Romo threw on ever single play.
You were trying to defend the idea that the drive Dak was involved in was in anyway remotely similar to the drive Romo was the QB for.
And then you have the nerve to say other people spew crap.

There are other drives Dak has been a part of that were far more impressive. Busting out that one is kind of embarrassing.
I didn't say anything about Dak. What I said was the majority of those plays came from Dunbar's YAC and Witten. I never said Romo didn't do anything but Dunbar did do a majority of the work. Just a very odd video to claim Romo can do something that Dak hasn't when Dak has done this time and time again. Not only that but this isn't even one of Romo's more impressive comebacks.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about Dak. What I said was the majority of those plays came from Dunbar's YAC and Witten. I never said Romo didn't do anything but Dunbar did do a majority of the work. Just a very odd video to claim Romo can do something that Dak hasn't when Dak has done this time and time again. Not only that but this isn't even one of Romo's more impressive comebacks.
You literally said other players did "all" the work.

That is exactly saying Romo didn't do anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You literally said other players did "all" the work.

That is exactly saying Romo didn't do anything.
Nah I said what I said lol. The clip posted Dunbar and Witten doing the work. Romo threw the ball to them sure but Dunbar was busting his ***. Either way this was not some great comeback and I can post some much better ones from Romo.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Nah I said what I said lol. The clip posted Dunbar and Witten doing the work. Romo threw the ball to them sure but Dunbar was busting his ***. Either way this was not some great comeback and I can post some much better ones from Romo.
You said what you said...which is that they did all the work. That is an especially stupid comment when it comes to Witten.
I'd agree there's better stuff from Romo. But that wasn't the point. This is still miles ahead of what Nav22 foolishly used to try and prop up Dak (who also has a lot better than what he posted).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said what you said...which is that they did all the work. That is an especially stupid comment when it comes to Witten.
I'd agree there's better stuff from Romo. But that wasn't the point. This is still miles ahead of what Nav22 foolishly used to try and prop up Dak (who also has a lot better than what he posted).
That is the point. The poster said Dak has never done this and that’s not true.