Romo reaction after a bad game?

burmafrd

Reaction score
How does he react to a really bad game? Can he adjust? Can he find his comfort zone again? Those are critical questions that need to be asked and answered in the remaining games. I think next week is THE game for him. He has to come back or its another QB for the boys next year.

Eddie

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;1225322 said:
More than likely Romo is just showing his true colors.

An average QB who is coming back to earth.

Romo came back to earth these past two games.

We'll see what he's made of in Atlanta.

I felt we had a 10-6 team, though Romo turned my expectations.

We're still on route to a solid 10-6 season. We simply don't have much room anymore to wiggle.

No more talk of playoff seating or nonsense about Chicago.

We take care of business first ... getting into the playoffs.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Even Romo needs some protection. He didn't get it yesterday.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Actually, they forced him to stay in the pocket more- he was not able to roll out. I wonder if that really got to him.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
burmafrd;1225342 said:
Actually, they forced him to stay in the pocket more- he was not able to roll out. I wonder if that really got to him.

Sure it did. That and the pressure up the middle.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
One of the weaknesses I pointed out about Romo a few weeks ago was that he doesn't throw the ball very accurate when he has to throw down field.

Last night was the confirmation.

His weakness was highlighted when the Saints had the ball and Brees would zip a 20+ anywhere he wanted.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
He's a young, inexperienced QB.

There isn't just one "this is THE game for him." All of the games are very important for him. He is in the midst of establishing himself.

Sure, the Atlanta game is important to him. But the ones after Atlanta are very important too ....

jem88

Reaction score
I think Romo will be fine, but we will need to have patience with him. He still makes at least one throw a game, where he shows great pocket presence (a rare commodity in these parts) and gets the ball downfield, hitting the receiver in stride. I don't think he's the HOFer that some wanted to make him out to be, but I do think he'll be our starting QB for the forseeable future.

burmafrd

Reaction score
He has got to pull himself out of it NOW and play well next week or he could get into a funk and be done.

Eddie

Reaction score
burmafrd;1225361 said:
He has got to pull himself out of it NOW and play well next week or he could get into a funk and be done.

I agree. He needs to have a good game to get himself out of this slide. He can't let this slide continue or else he may not come out of it.

A solid outting against the Falcons along with a win to get us into the playoffs will do wonders for this team.

A lose to the Falcons, and the Eagles game looms larger than we originally expected.

Then again, no one said it was going to be easy. We started believing our own hype about Romo.

DTK

Reaction score
What worries me about Romo right now is that he seems to be rushing things and trying to do too much. Both picks last night and the one that should have been picked are prime examples. On all 3 throws, he follows his reads but then suddenly throws the ball on his last read with no regard. On all 3 the defenders were right there and the throws should have never been made. Though, on Stoutmire's pick if he leads Glenn instead of throwing behind him the ball isn't picked. But even then, the throw was rushed.

He needs to slow down and take what the defense is giving him. Brees did a great job of that last night and should be a great learning experience for him. It's simply a matter of an experienced player versus an inexperienced one.

Whether or not he can get back to slowing the game down again like he was is the test.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I hope he can adjust to not being the glamor boy he has been over the last month; it had to be pretty heady. I hope he does not over react.

Eddie

Reaction score
Maybe NOT being the top rated passer in the NFL will bring him back around.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Gloom and Doom. Gotta love it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
well, look at who posted it. At least he is honest about himself.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow...

Fellas, take a look at the other side of the ball where the real problem is.

Unforgiven

Reaction score

Did anyone really expect him to play HOF level the whole year.

He is like Favre. He will have interceptions, but, if the defense could have held, I still get the feeling he would have found a way.

One thing is for sure, he needs to become more patient when we get behind like we did. He has to learn that you cannot look to get it back on one play all of the time. Hit some underneath stuff unless the big play is wide open, then pray Owens catches the ball when you drop it over his shoulder 50 yards downfield.