Romo reaction after a bad game?

DTK

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1225424 said:
Wow...

Fellas, take a look at the other side of the ball where the real problem is.
Agree as well. But Romo played poorly too.

What I don't get is how Henry (most dinks were to his side!) couldn't cover the deep pass and couldn't come up and support against the dinks and dunks. And what was he thinking on the TD to Henderson? It looked as if we were in a zone and he expected help over the top. But there was nothing in front of him, so why stop running with Henderson? If I'm playing corner and Davis is my help, I'll run with the guy to the parking lot.

Reaction score
Unforgiven;1225434 said:
Did anyone really expect him to play HOF level the whole year.

He is like Favre. He will have interceptions, but, if the defense could have held, I still get the feeling he would have found a way.

One thing is for sure, he needs to become more patient when we get behind like we did. He has to learn that you cannot look to get it back on one play all of the time. Hit some underneath stuff unless the big play is wide open, then pray Owens catches the ball when you drop it over his shoulder 50 yards downfield.

LMAO

He may throw stupid INTs like Favre, but that is the only time they should ever be mentioned in the same sentence.

Hunter71

Reaction score
burmafrd;1225303 said:
How does he react to a really bad game? Can he adjust? Can he find his comfort zone again? Those are critical questions that need to be asked and answered in the remaining games. I think next week is THE game for him. He has to come back or its another QB for the boys next year.

I agree with the first part of your comment here but I think the latter part is a little melodramatic...

This is a gut check for him and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he performs in Atlanta...

But he's shown enough to me, especially seeing him first-hand in the Meadowlands, to make me feel very comfortable with him as the QB...

Unforgiven

Reaction score
Hunter71;1225453 said:
I agree with the first part of your comment here but I think the latter part is a little melodramatic...

This is a gut check for him and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he performs in Atlanta...

But he's shown enough to me, especially seeing him first-hand in the Meadowlands, to make me feel very comfortable with him as the QB...

If he pulls in the reigns a little bit, he will be fine.

We need to take a page out of the Saints playbook, and learn to work the underneath more.

Hunter71

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1225353 said:
One of the weaknesses I pointed out about Romo a few weeks ago was that he doesn't throw the ball very accurate when he has to throw down field.

Last night was the confirmation.

His weakness was highlighted when the Saints had the ball and Brees would zip a 20+ anywhere he wanted.

And a few retired QB's last week commented that there were only a handful of QB's TODAY in the league who could have thrown that pass to Witten against the Giants...

Hunter71

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;1225322 said:
More than likely Romo is just showing his true colors.

An average QB who is coming back to earth.

Ha ha ha....

Awesome analysis...

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
burmafrd;1225361 said:
He has got to pull himself out of it NOW and play well next week or he could get into a funk and be done.

Exactly, because we aren't talking about a Rex Grossman situation here where the Defense is going to carry us...Lord knows we all should know that after last night.

burmafrd

Reaction score
the Defense CAN carry us- it did against the Colts- it just did not show up last night.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
burmafrd;1225380 said:
I hope he can adjust to not being the glamor boy he has been over the last month; it had to be pretty heady. I hope he does not over react.

Really, because he called Jessica last night and she wouldn't even take his call.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1225353 said:
One of the weaknesses I pointed out about Romo a few weeks ago was that he doesn't throw the ball very accurate when he has to throw down field.

Last night was the confirmation.

His weakness was highlighted when the Saints had the ball and Brees would zip a 20+ anywhere he wanted.
holy premature evaluation.

first of all Romo didn't have one throw downfield where he wasn't pressured that i recall that he also badly missed. no QB makes every play - you were spoiled by his thanksgiving and other performances in 2nd half.

Brees is the MVP of the league (sorry RB << QB in terms of field skill and leadership... i don't care if LT scores 35 TDs Drew is more important to his team to date)

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Alot of this was gameplan, we know Romo throws very well out of the pocket. Why didn't we see more plays where we moved the pocket? Why did we allow the saints front 4 to dictate that?

Unforgiven

Reaction score
Natedawg44;1225508 said:
Alot of this was gameplan, we know Romo throws very well out of the pocket. Why didn't we see more plays where we moved the pocket? Why did we allow the saints front 4 to dictate that?

Good point, and why not use what the Saints used against us? Work the underneath to Barber and Witten, or Fasano. Then, after the safties draw in, go over the top.

We need to pull in the reigns on Romo and focus on shorter passes, like we did against the Colts.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Use JJ on screens or dumpoffs. He was having akiller game running the ball; use him the other way as well. Only one pass to a RB last night.