Romo says accuracy is not about footwork

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak' s wind up isn't that big. Leftwing windup was really big. When Dak has time and knows exaxtly where he's going with the ball he's plenty accurate as the case with any qb.

all of it is important. However, if you can get a solid foundation everything after that has to be easier.

One thing I would point out about Dak is that he throws too much with his arm. If he would coil his body & let the uncoiling fuel his velocity, he would become much better in a number of ways. That is how all the top QB's make the compact stroke work. Big muscles of the core & legs are the engine. Arm is just the launch lever.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'd deal with 2 or 3 wild balls a game
All QB's have those. Dak's bad misses are much more than 2 or 3 a game. In some of the games I've broken down its more like 25%-30%. I'm sure its not that high in all games but its too high. He has got to get that on par with other top 10 QB's for the team not to be handicapped.

jrumann59

Reaction score
footwork also decides how good the protection is. If you take what is equivalent to 4 steps on a 3 step drop the OL may not provide the best setup because they expect you a set distance.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Does Romo know we are talking about football and not golf? I always felt he got the 2 mixed up

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What worked for him is not what necessarily works for everyone else.