Romo seemed sulky the entire game

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Everyone (Romo and TO included) needs to get over themselves and sacrifice self for team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
chinch;2310677 said:
How does "slinger" excuse FUMBLES and delay of games after timeouts?

His Rating was jacked up significantly do to a nice RAC by TO on his TD and lucky deflected TD by Crayton, which could have just as easily have been been another INT.

Didn't say it did. But it is what it is.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2310721 said:
Everyone (Romo and TO included) needs to get over themselves and sacrifice self for team.

Truer words have never been spoken. This seems to be a very "ME" team

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2310650 said:
QB rating over 100 today, and that being a bad day. I'll take it.

He's a slinger, bad plays come with it. I'll take that too.

thats where the phrase "stats lie" comes into play, because he didnt have a good game

personally I think he is hurt, because he threw a bunch of really ugly passes today and missed several open guys that he normally hits in his sleep, his throws appeared to have little or no zip on them, and he threw a bunch of wobblers...with his body language also being so bad, it just makes me think something is up...he seemed a little off last week too

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2310699 said:
Tony is just not getting it. He isnt showing improvement and still making stupid errors. Even when he ran and got the first down, he still had the ball out there that if a defender had been running for his guts, he probably would have caused another fumble.

Romo has me like this this year :bang2:

and yet I still love him.

With Brad Johnson at QB, we go 5-11.

This team will go as far as Romo can take them.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2310718 said:
I have a hard time placing the loss to the Giants last December on Romo.
Crayton comes to mind though.

He didn't necessarily step it up. As I do remember, his ball was intercepted in the end zone to preserve a victory for the Gnats. I remember the heartbreak of that very moment. The team needs to get beyond placing themselves in those types of situations and become the lead protectors instead of last minute hopefuls.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
mmohican29;2310422 said:
He really hasn't looked right all year. He looks big-time distracted, almost disinterested. Superstardom came much easier to him last season it appears. This season it seems very very burdensome.
Did i not say that this is what would happen when he was running around with Jessica simpson all summer? you have to keep getting better in the offseason, or it will show up the next season. right now Romo is not a better player.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2310743 said:
With Brad Johnson at QB, we go 5-11.

This team will go as far as Romo can take them.

thats not going to be very far with this defense though

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I agree that Romo hasn't looked himself. Not that he's been bad, or that I want a different QB or anything like that, but I just think he looks really tight and tense out there. I thought it was just Romo being in a state for 1 or 2 games like he sometimes is, but I'm kind of concerned that he hasn't relaxed and loosened up.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2310718 said:
I have a hard time placing the loss to the Giants last December on Romo.
Crayton comes to mind though.

Crayton better be glad he caught that tip because after he dropped that bomb down the middle of the feild, I was ready to cut his arse when he came to the sideline.

Crayton as a #2 blows, sorry guys but it is true. He needs to go back to #3 badly.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2310752 said:
He didn't necessarily step it up. As I do remember, his ball was intercepted in the end zone to preserve a victory for the Gnats. I remember the heartbreak of that very moment. The team needs to get beyond placing themselves in those types of situations and become the lead protectors instead of last minute hopefuls.

It's not that I don't agree, but he did have two or three TDs dropped.
How much does one guy have to do?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I read on another forum that Romo was sick and he actually puked at one point, anyone able to confirm if that is true?

odog422

Reaction score
I don't think it's that's deep. I think he simply couldn't find a rythym and was frustrated by it. I think he's hard on himself and knows he can play better and simply couldn't get it together today for whatever reason.

That plus the turnovers led to his appearance IMO.

That said, I agree with other posters that it doesn't look good and he's, at the least, got to keep his head up.

Coy

Reaction score
I noticed it too, he just looks depressed, like he´s not having fun anymore.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2310752 said:

What felt more like a knife straight to the heart was Crayton pulling up on a perfectly thrown go-ahead TD pass. He had 3 steps on the corner and just stopped running on a perfectly thrown pass, would have won the game for us.

Catching that tip today does not even start to make up for what Crayton has done to this team.

superpunk

Reaction score
odog422;2310776 said:
I don't think it's that's deep. I think he simply couldn't find a rythym and was frustrated by it. I think he's hard on himself and knows he can play better and simply couldn't get it together today for whatever reason.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Doomsday;2310773 said:
I read on another forum that Romo was sick and he actually puked at one point, anyone able to confirm if that is true?

There is a flu going around but it's a long way from here to Texas.:p:

Seriously, that could be what is going on. Then owens hid under the towel because as we all know he hates to see a QB puke.:D

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
odog422;2310776 said:

That plus the turnovers led to his appearance IMO.

That said, I agree with other posters that it doesn't look good and he's, at the least, got to keep his head up.

Give this man the prize:D

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Doomsday;2310773 said:

I kinda felt like puking a couple of times myself during the game, something must be going around;)

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Maybe he was thinking Wade has lost a little faith in him because of the turnovers?

Well, that would be for good reason. He had two today.