Romo signs highest endorsement deal in NFL history

sago1

Reaction score
Saw below article about our favorite QB. Sounds like Romo's got some real smart people handling his business affairs. That's not surprising. I read somewhere rather recently that Romo's considered "very smart like/similar to Peyton Manning". Sorry I didn't post it when I saw it. Anyway, congrats to him. BTW: Romo isn't that good a dresser IMHO. Wonder how the sportswear line they produce under his name will influence his own dressing style. Maybe he should hire TO as an advisor. Ha.

Cowboys QB Tony Romo signs apparel endorsement deal
By RICK HERRIN

Quarterback Tony Romo recently signed a five-year, $10-million endorsement deal with Starter, which is the believed to be the biggest footwear and apparel contract in the history of the NFL, according to a source. Romo’s previous deal with Reebok paid him $20,000 a year and expired June 30.

New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush had what was considered the largest previous deal with his five-year, $5 million contract with Adidas.

Romo will not be allowed to wear Starter footwear on the field because the company does not have a contract with the NFL. He will continue to wear white Reebok cleats with white shoe polish covering the logo.

fortdick

Reaction score
sago1;2272214 said:
Saw below article about our favorite QB. Sounds like Romo's got some real smart people handling his business affairs. That's not surprising. I read somewhere rather recently that Romo's considered "very smart like/similar to Peyton Manning". Sorry I didn't post it when I saw it. Anyway, congrats to him. BTW: Romo isn't that good a dresser IMHO. Wonder how the sportswear line they produce under his name will influence his own dressing style. Maybe he should hire TO as an advisor. Ha.

Cowboys QB Tony Romo signs apparel endorsement deal
By RICK HERRIN

Quarterback Tony Romo recently signed a five-year, $10-million endorsement deal with Starter, which is the believed to be the biggest footwear and apparel contract in the history of the NFL, according to a source. Romo’s previous deal with Reebok paid him $20,000 a year and expired June 30.

New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush had what was considered the largest previous deal with his five-year, $5 million contract with Adidas.

Romo will not be allowed to wear Starter footwear on the field because the company does not have a contract with the NFL. He will continue to wear white Reebok cleats with white shoe polish covering the logo.

It is good to be Tony Romo!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
UDcowboysfan;2272219 said:
its good to hear, wow he's gone far in these past few years

He is going the way of Peyton Manning. I just hope he wins SB faster. Seriously.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder why Eli Manning didn't land an endorsement deal like Romo's? After all, he's a defending Super Bowl champion quarterback. Surely, he's popular enough with advertisers and the general public to be promoted more than the Dallas Cowboys' quarterback.

oh right. he can't do squat in advertising spots without his big brother tagging along. my bad. sorry if any giants fans read that. that's so rude of me. bad dallaseast! bad!!! :mad:

kmp77

Reaction score
Starter?! Bah. Adidas would have been awesome.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DallasEast;2272230 said:
Wonder why Eli Manning didn't land an endorsement deal like Romo's? After all, he's a defending Super Bowl champion quarterback. Surely, he's popular enough with advertisers and the general public to be promoted more than the Dallas Cowboys' quarterback.

oh right. he can't do squat in advertising spots without his big brother tagging along. my bad. sorry if any giants fans read that. that's so rude of me. bad dallaseast! bad!!! :mad:

Eli is unstoppable :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Romo better win that playoff game this year cause he reminds me of A-rod.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2272240 said:

I cant think of one thing that makes a comparison of the two make any sense.

A-rod is a colossal butthead.

seniorette

Reaction score
: Romo isn't that good a dresser IMHO. Wonder how the sportswear line they produce under his name will influence his own dressing style. Maybe he should hire TO as an advisor. Ha.

Seems to me that he is a much better dresser since he came back from training camp. He looks put together, shaved , and his clothes actually look like they fit him.
And the lady he fixed the flat for said he was "well dressed and had on nice shoes". no flip flops.
Maybe he has someone new to impress and is giving him some good advice.
One thing you can count on , she is a blonde.

The Panch

Reaction score
Rampage;2272240 said:
Yeah. Two whole playoff games of choking for a guy who's been in the league almost two whole years. How dare he?!

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I wish he would win some playoffs games and Superbowl first, and then get the endorsement deals later. But whatever, Goo Tony!!

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
seniorette;2272251 said:
: Romo isn't that good a dresser IMHO. Wonder how the sportswear line they produce under his name will influence his own dressing style. Maybe he should hire TO as an advisor. Ha.

Seems to me that he is a much better dresser since he came back from training camp. He looks put together, shaved , and his clothes actually look like they fit him.
And the lady he fixed the flat for said he was "well dressed and had on nice shoes". no flip flops.
Maybe he has someone new to impress and is giving him some good advice.
One thing you can count on , she is a blonde.
Didnt Jessica Simpson say she picks out his clothes for him? I think I read that somewhere.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2272248 said:
I cant think of one thing that makes a comparison of the two make any sense.

A-rod is a colossal butthead.
#1 they both play for the most popular team in their sport.

#2 they both are very good regular season players.

#3 they both make a lot of money including record contracts.

#4 they both get unwanted press dating celebrity girlfriends

#5 they both are right up there with the faces of their sport.

#6 they both start to fold leading up to and in the postseason.

funny cause i just thought of 6 things that are comparable.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2272270 said:
#1 they both play for the most popular team in their sport.

#2 they both are very good regular season players.

#3 they both make a lot of money including record contracts.

#4 they both get unwanted press dating celebrity girlfriends

#5 they both are right up there with the faces of their sport.

#6 they both start to fold leading up to and in the postseason.

funny cause i just thought of 6 things that are comparable.

Its funny I dont buy any of them. I think they are entirely different players. And Romo hardly has folded in the playoffs. that is just goofy to even say that.

A-Rods career and attitude are 100% different. But if you think they are similar that is fine.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2272272 said:
Its funny I dont buy any of them. I think they are entirely different players. And Romo hardly has folded in the playoffs. that is just goofy to even say that.

A-Rods career and attitude are 100% different. But if you think they are similar that is fine.
well i agree on Double plAy Rod's attitude but those things i listed are camparable. basically they both have everything(money,girls,fame,talent) except a championship.

seniorette

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2272260 said:
Didnt Jessica Simpson say she picks out his clothes for him? I think I read that somewhere.

Sorry, pictures don't lie. When he is with her, he needs a shave, wears sloppy clothes, and flip flops. It is when he is NOT with her that he dresses nice. Go figure.