Romo, take lessons from Brady

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He didn't. He turned 24 million he'd only see if he played 3 years into 27 million he will get if he plays 3 years or gets hurt.

If you are even remotely correct then it wouldnt be 24 mil of free caproom in 2015. Meaning this restructure was made to free up 24 mil of caproom immediately to resign players.

blindzebra

Reaction score
If you are even remotely correct then it wouldnt be 24 mil of free caproom in 2015. Meaning this restructure was made to free up 24 mil of caproom immediately to resign players.

He turned guaranteed money into non-guaranteed which is how they got the cap relief and why I seriously doubt that it should be legal.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Tom Brady just restructured his deal to have 24 mil of his contract be only guaranteed if hes injured. Say what you want about this guy but he is the ultimate leader.

let me help you here

The move was intended to help the Patriots spend money on free agents and keep veterans. Brady, 37, doesn't give away any salary in the restructure. In fact, Brady will get a raise of $1 million annually. The quarterback will now earn $8 million in 2015, $9 million in 2016 and $10 million in 2017, per ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...brady-restructures-deal-earns-1m-annual-raise

yes tony, follow brady and go get you a raise after your mvp season!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Ok ill explain this to you people who are still confused. The 24 mil is a incentive based guarantee. It was labeled as skill because thats basically a performance clause that he wouldve got, hence why the team is saying they saved 24 mil. So in essence while its not a guarantee in principal it was a technicality. The team wouldve had to keep that in mind and account for that money to be paid once Brady met them conditions on the incentive. Now they can spend freely because i highly doubt Brady will miss the season with an injury. theres a chance but a slight chance.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo will restructure as long as Dallas wants him too.
He's also 3 years younger. My guess is that he'd do just about anything his next contract.
The thing is, he had to take a thorough beating for year--with all kinds of broken bones ,back issues, punctured lungs, you name it.
Brady has dropping back into pockets like Tony is getting this year for his entire career.

Romo's having a year worthy of MVP mention and some are still out there finding something, anything, they can criticize him for.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I don't understand all this cap stuff. Brady gets $3M more and his cap number goes down $24M? OK, whatever. No wonder Stephen Jones just laughs at people who are all worried about the cap.

My observation on the cap is that teams can do all kinds of stuff with the cap and still be by the book. The biggest problem for the team is whether they have the cash flow to pay all these bonuses and stuff.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The quarterback will now earn $8 million in 2015, $9 million in 2016 and $10 million in 2017

Lets not kid ourselves, he could easily be making 2 to 2 1/2 times that if he didnt sign a team friendly deal. Both Mannings are making $20 million a season.