Romo to GB speculation

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
He is never coming out of the booth....................NEVER

He is guaranteed 5m+ forever

specially with all the issues green bay has. AR makes everything happen there by scrambling for his life. Defense is not great and OL is horrible.

mcmvp

Reaction score
He is never coming out of the booth....................NEVER

He is guaranteed 5m+ forever

The job will always be waiting for him if he wants to give it another go on the field.

Nav22

Reaction score
I love this popular notion that he'd be throwing away his broadcast career if he comes back and plays.

CBS will eventually welcome him back with open arms no matter what he does. Besides, it's in his contract that he can leave at anytime to return to the NFL.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Same offense as the giants, maybe they will trade for Eli Manning.

Same chances of happening.

remdak

Reaction score
I think things have changed now that Romo has been getting such good reviews about his analyst skills. I think he loves what he is doing and probably likes not getting killed out on the field.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't think CBS would be too pleased to have fired or demoted Phil Simms to hire Romo just for him to dip out on them before mid-season.........

And I expect Fox would be chomping at the bit to hire him to call NFC games.

That said, I expect Tony is nowhere close to being in shape and probably wants to spend time with all those kids with dumb names he's fathered

Reactions: Coy

Meat

Reaction score
Rodgers already broke a collarbone behind that line, why wouldn't Romo?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jobs get filled and people get paid....... contracts matter

What if Brady retired and wanted the job?
I don't get people that say CBS will be thrilled by the publicity and it's in his contract. CBS went out on a limb for Tony. They will not be happy. And for what? To get hurt in a meaningless game. Tony's not leading GB to a SB.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Jobs get filled and people get paid....... contracts matter

What if Brady retired and wanted the job?

Oh please. Just because Brady was the better QB, it doesn't make him the better analyst....and I doubt he'd want that. Romo has proven to be a natural at the job and he will always be in high demand now.

I'm not saying he wants to play. He may not. Be he has no worries about getting his gig back if he decides to.

Reactions: Coy

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't get people that say CBS will be thrilled by the publicity and it's in his contract. CBS went out on a limb for Tony. They will not be happy. And for what? To get hurt in a meaningless game. Tony's not leading GB to a SB.
He stepped over a lot of people to get the gig........ they won't put up with it twice

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And I expect Fox would be chomping at the bit to hire him to call NFC games.

That said, I expect Tony is nowhere close to being in shape and probably wants to spend time with all those kids with dumb names he's fathered

You think Romo would take Aikman's spot? I highly doubt that.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
giphy.gif