Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Did they give a time? Hopefully someone will post a link.

calico

Reaction score
Tonys a professional. Better believe he will be ready when/if he's needed. Feels good to have a safety blanket like that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a mistake if he will publicly speak (and be questioned) about the team's quarterback position. Any definitive statements should be made by those in authority, either Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones. An employee, even the quarterback of the team, should not be speaking on the matter until after statements are completely and clearly given by management. Otherwise, shame on Garrett and Jones for not manning up.

waldoputty

Reaction score
This is a mistake if he will publicly speak (and be questioned) about the team's quarterback position. Any definitive statements should be made by those in authority, either Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones. An employee, even the quarterback of the team, should not be speaking on the matter until after statements are completely clearly given by management. Otherwise, shame on Garrett and Jones for not manning up.

Romo flew to Pittsburgh in Jerry's jet.
They may have had 'the talk'.
It is not a bad thing to let Romo take the lead because he has earned it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Class act, all the way. I guess it's pretty clear that he'll be backing up v. BAL this week, too, which is also good.

I think I like Romo for the way he handled losing his starting job even more than I did for the way he handled the starting job in the first place.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Romo attended Jerry's grandson's football game last week, and they had plenty of time to get on the same page then. I'm sure there never was an issue in Dallas on this one. It just sucks that a great player has to be on the bench the way things have worked out so far.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should take the lead and speak first about a decision impacting the franchise? Why? Isn't that in a head coach's or general manager's job description? What's next? Romo will meet the press and announce the latest developments at The Star?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Class act, all the way. I guess it's pretty clear that he'll be backing up v. BAL this week, too, which is also good.

I think I like Romo for the way he handled losing his starting job even more than I did for the way he handled the starting job in the first place.

I can see it:

Wow, what a 3 months it has been.
I am so happy to see how the team has thrived.
I have recovered from my injury and am ready to support Dak and the team.
We are 8-1 but it is a long season.
Dak has done an incredible job, and I want you all to know that I am so proud of him and I am all behind him.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Are you guys saying he was forced by Jerry or someone to talk to the media?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
lol @ people thinking this will be some made for TV moment where he announces he's stepping aside before getting the Old Yeller treatment. He's an active player now, can't avoid the media forever. This is a chance for the media to ask their questions, and then he'll get back to work on his game.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He should take the lead and speak first about a decision impacting the franchise? Why? Isn't that in a head coach's or general manager's job description? What's next? Romo will meet the press and announce the latest developments at The Star?

Let the old warrior choose to walk away (backup role) instead of publicly benching him?

Status
Not open for further replies.