Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Probably required to talk to media now that he is active is my thought.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just thought the standard media day for players was every Wednesday.

That's why I was thinking this might be something a little different

waldoputty

Reaction score
Are you guys saying he was forced by Jerry or someone to talk to the media?

No, but he probably wants to take the pressure of Dak.
Jerry and FO probably gave it as many games as they could to see whether Dak will run into a wall.
When Dak succeeded beyond anyone's wild imagination, everyone knew where things had to go.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The back is not healing as well as they thought and he'll retire at the end of the season.

guessing.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He should take the lead and speak first about a decision impacting the franchise? Why? Isn't that in a head coach's or general manager's job description? What's next? Romo will meet the press and announce the latest developments at The Star?

I cant imagine that he will get up there and state the decision. He will prob just field questions about the team in general and say he feels good, etc.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol @ people thinking this will be some made for TV moment where he announces he's stepping aside before getting the Old Yeller treatment. He's an active player now, can't avoid the media forever. This is a chance for the media to ask their questions, and then he'll get back to work on his game.
Old Yeller was shot at the end, I hope this isn't the case! lol

waldoputty

Reaction score
The back is not healing as well as they thought and he'll retire at the end of the season.

guessing.

dont quite agree - if so, he should not be the backup?
thought they announced he will be backup against Baltimore?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let the old warrior choose to walk away (backup role) instead of publicly benching him?
What is this? The Natural?? Enough with the reality television nonsense. Romo should speak about what's happening AFTER management makes clear definitive statements beforehand.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Romo attended Jerry's grandson's football game last week, and they had plenty of time to get on the same page then. I'm sure there never was an issue in Dallas on this one. It just sucks that a great player has to be on the bench the way things have worked out so far.

This is why I love Jerry so much. He treats his players like family. Unlike most owners they could care less about their players and see them more like a commodity.

We all have our gripes about Jerry. But he loves his team so much and puts his heart and soul in making the Cowboys as part of his family.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant imagine that he will get up there and state the decision. He will prob just field questions about the team in general and say he feels good, etc.
What's the number one sensationalized topic concerning the team?

Do we really think the press will allow an opportunity to pass and not get a definitive response from the franchise that's NOT inbetween-the-lines gobblie-guck from Jones and/or Garrett? C'mon people.

waldoputty

Reaction score
What is this? The Natural?? Enough with the reality television nonsense. Romo should speak about what's happening AFTER management makes clear definitive statements beforehand.

I like to think the Cowboys tries to treat their veterans with class.
IMO, it is more respectful to let Romo take the lead...
Particularly Romo who gave his all for all those difficult times.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why I love Jerry so much. He treats his players like family. Unlike most owners they could care less about their players and see them more like a commodity.

We all have our gripes about Jerry. But he loves his team so much and puts his heart and soul in making the Cowboys as part of his family.

Jerry's definitely a mixed back, but, yeah, there's a lot of good that comes with the bad. I like how loyal he is to his players, too. Like giving Nate Newton--who, let's face it, can barely talk and who can't remember players names to save his life--a job with the team's media department decades after he played here. Or flying Luksa back on his private jet to be with his dying mom after the treatment Luksa gave him over the years. There's a good guy there somewhere battling it out with the creepy old Mr. C.M. Burns.

robjay04

Reaction score
Offered? He had to do it. Players that are injured don't have to talk to the media. Once activated, you have to talk to the media. Romo had no choice.

Backup quarterbacks do not have to talk to the media. He hasn't been on IR, he has been questionable for like a month, there is nothing making him talk now that stopped him a week ago unless Jerry is forcing him due to contract obligations but I doubt that.

erod

Reaction score
Backup quarterbacks do not have to talk to the media. He hasn't been on IR, he has been questionable for like a month, there is nothing making him talk now that stopped him a week ago unless Jerry is forcing him due to contract obligations but I doubt that.
Most backup quarterbacks aren't top five in the NFL when healthy.

windjc

Reaction score
Romo is speaking to the media because he WANTS to. Romo wants to diffuse all this QB controversy talk. He will support being a backup 100%. Watch.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like to think the Cowboys tries to treat their veterans with class.
IMO, it is more respectful to let Romo take the lead...
Particularly Romo who gave his all for all those difficult times.
It's more respectful? In what part of the business world does an executive allow an employee to take the lead and speak about an organizational decision first?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tuesdays are normally players days off (unless you're getting treatment). It kinda makes sense for him to meet with the media today when The Star is primarily free of other Cowboys. There's no practice and no meetings he has to attend. He can kinda speak to the media at his leisure.

Status
Not open for further replies.