"Romo to Witten for No Gain"

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Miles hasn't made the defense pay in a while. The last time he had a 80+ yard game was over a year ago and the last multiple TD game he had was 9/18/2011.

Ren

Reaction score
Followed by: "Romo to Hana For a Loss" and "Romo to Harris for One Yard." And that about sums up the pathetic nature of the Jason Garrett/Bill Callahan offense.

You do realize that it's not the OC or the HC that tells Romo where to throw the ball it's Romo making the choice to checkdown. Like every other week when all 22 comes out you'll see that there are guys running deeper routes on just about every one of those plays

funkytown

Reaction score
This offense has been out of sync for a few weeks now. I'm also so tired of these Tight End screens or screens to the Running back that does not work. Why do we constantly run a 2 yard out with TE when its 3rd and 8?

Other teams execute so much better than we do, with half the talent. Its so frustrating watching this team, and its play calling.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This offense has been out of sync for a few weeks now. I'm also so tired of these Tight End screens or screens to the Running back that does not work. Why do we constantly run a 2 yard out with TE when its 3rd and 8?

Other teams execute so much better than we do, with half the talent. Its so frustrating watching this team, and its play calling.

You just summed up my frustration quite admirably.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Our biggest plays seem to usually occur when the play breaks down. It's been that way since Garrett got here.

I'm so frustrated that we won't even TRY something else. We adjust slightly by having a new playcaller, but it's still the same freaking offense.

funkytown

Reaction score
Our biggest plays seem to usually occur when the play breaks down. It's been that way since Garrett got here.

I'm so frustrated that we won't even TRY something else. We adjust slightly by having a new playcaller, but it's still the same freaking offense.

I've noticed the same thing. We have our best plays and best results when the play gets broken and Tony has to improvise

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I might be in the minority, but with the number of key injuries on both sides, it amazes me this team is at a .500 let alone share the division lead.

We're not that injured on offense.

We should be able to do a lot better than we're doing.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Yea I don't know why or when Romo decided to get happy feet but that's been one of the biggest disappointments in this offense.

Was this a typo? You don't know WHY the guy gets "happy feet"? Have you watched the beating he has taken over the years including more injured ribs during the first game of the season? The fact that he has not taken more sacks and been picked more is actually incredible. The defense is an injury-depleted joke and the offense is a poorly designed piece of crap with an unimpressive OL once again. It almost apppears as if Romo, Witten, Dez and co. are tired of running this ineffective offense. We have a guy like Dunbar but throw screens to Hanna or two yard passes to Witten. The offense is unimaginative and we rarely create mismatches. The play design seems to negate our strengths. That is the opposite of good coaching.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Was this a typo? You don't know WHY the guy gets "happy feet"? Have you watched the beating he has taken over the years including more injured ribs during the first game of the season? The fact that he has not taken more sacks and been picked more is actually incredible. The defense is an injury-depleted joke and the offense is a poorly designed piece of crap with an unimpressive OL once again. It almost apppears as if Romo, Witten, Dez and co. are tired of running this ineffective offense. We have a guy like Dunbar but throw screens to Hanna or two yard passes to Witten. The offense is unimaginative and we rarely create mismatches. The play design seems to negate our strengths. That is the opposite of good coaching.

The oline pass protects far better than the Saints oline and they're QB doesn't seem to have happy feet like Romo does. I can appreciate he's a little gun shy, but to say he's acting no ifferent in the pocket is a fallacy. The guy is bailing much quicker than he has in the past.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I wonder if the Witten runs a route for zero yards was put in the game plan when Romo was putting in "Peyton Manning time" at the Ranch?

If that's the case, Tony should spend less time there.

adamknite

Reaction score
I think I might scream if I see one more pass on third and long not even get thrown anywhere close to the first down marker.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
The oline pass protects far better than the Saints oline and they're QB doesn't seem to have happy feet like Romo does. I can appreciate he's a little gun shy, but to say he's acting no ifferent in the pocket is a fallacy. The guy is bailing much quicker than he has in the past.

Brees has enjoyed great protection for much of his career - Romo has not. I have no doubt, after all the hits and injuries, that Romo has been affected. Romo looks beaten and frustrated. Kinda like most of the fans that have had to watch this same crap for years. Bad OL, bad D, Romo saves the day or we lose. Eventually that formula takes its toll on everyone.

links18

Reaction score
You do realize that it's not the OC or the HC that tells Romo where to throw the ball it's Romo making the choice to checkdown. Like every other week when all 22 comes out you'll see that there are guys running deeper routes on just about every one of those plays

Are they getting open?

Ren

Reaction score
Are they getting open?

On a lot of them if Romo hold the ball for another half a second yes and a lot of those plays he's checking down much sooner then he has to