"Romo to Witten for No Gain"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
look at who we have beat.

but yea..i feel ya.

spencer and ratliff really let this team down.

austin as well

What Spencer and Austin have done is NOTHING like what Ratliff did. Shouldn't even be compared. Spencer and Austin are legitimately hurt. Miles potentially may never be the same again with his hammy's. Ratliff simply quit on this team.

links18

Reaction score
That's been the story all year though. No aggressiveness but he's not throwing picks. I mean that's fine if you have a defense that you can rely on to shut offenses down but we don't. Romo hasn't thrown picks all year but he hasn't been aggressive enough to do so either. I never minded him throwing picks. He's a gunsligner. I was willing to live with that aspect of his game. It was the backbreaking picks in the 4th quarter that hurt but there's absolutely no reason why this offense and Romo aren't more aggressive. And the funny thing is, he's thrown like 5 or 6 picks all year and they've been comeback routes to Terrance Williams that corners just sit on. He never gets a pick for throwing to Dez.

Yeah, constant three and outs are probably worse than an interception or two. But its easier for Romo to get nailed to the wall for throwing picks.

Kristen82

Reaction score
If Romo has to get rid of the ball quickly, let's run some plays where he can do that...

Maybe it's risky to run timing patterns with a bunch of young WR's that still need to learn how to run routes in the first place.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
What Spencer and Austin have done is NOTHING like what Ratliff did. Shouldn't even be compared. Spencer and Austin are legitimately hurt. Miles potentially may never be the same again with his hammy's. Ratliff simply quit on this team.

spencer was never worthy of a first round pick.

austin and spencer got paid..... and i can't wait for them to get the hell out of here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
spencer was never worthy of a first round pick.

austin and spencer got paid..... and i can't wait for them to get the hell out of here.

Spencer wasn't worthy of a late 1st round pick? Really? Austin got hammy injuries and Spencer got hurt. You maybe can't wait for them to get out of here but what they are going through is nothing like what Ratliff put us through.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
I honestly thought we were beat after that 2 yard out to Witten that Romo threw in the turf on our first third and long. Got bailed out by that penalty but I couldn't help thinking.. "here we go"

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Spencer wasn't worthy of a late 1st round pick? Really? Austin got hammy injuries and Spencer got hurt. You maybe can't wait for them to get out of here but what they are going through is nothing like what Ratliff put us through.

it's all good bro.
did not mean to upset you

hey, i'm mad as hell about the loss too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
it's all good bro.
did not mean to upset you

hey, i'm mad as hell about the loss too.

5-5 will do it to you. Especially when you believe you are better than a 5-5 team and are constantly underachieving. Frustrating indeed.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
To be fair, T Will is still a rookie and gets lost in the shuffle at times. He is seeing things new each week that perhaps confuses him.

he will get better.

This is why when they double Dez and Witten he gets lost.

But as a side note, did you notice when he scored how he tossed the ball down and didn't do any type of dance?

The kid understands scoreboard.

links18

Reaction score
But as a side note, did you notice when he scored how he tossed the ball down and didn't do any type of dance?

The kid understands scoreboard.

And that, after all, is what it is all about.

Jerryrage

Reaction score
Followed by: "Romo to Hana For a Loss" and "Romo to Harris for One Yard." And that about sums up the pathetic nature of the Jason Garrett/Bill Callahan offense.

dinks and dunks, welcome to the great Callahan play calling.

Zman5

Reaction score
That may have been when I noticed it as well. We paid him to be a guns linger. Not a scary game manager. I just don't know why he's resulted into this type of play.

I don't think it's all him doing this since he didn't against Denver. I think it's the coaching staff's (bad) decision to play "safer". Take what the defense gives you. Playing not to lose instead of taking what you want to take and playing for the win.

Zordon

Reaction score
hate to say it but this offense really misses (a healthy) miles austin. we have nobody else to keep the defense honest.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
hate to say it but this offense really misses (a healthy) miles austin. we have nobody else to keep the defense honest.

That's my observation as well. Terrance Williams as of right now just isn't good enough to constantly get open in single coverage. Miles is the only guy on this team when healthy that can make the defense pay.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, constant three and outs are probably worse than an interception or two. But its easier for Romo to get nailed to the wall for throwing picks.

Well and those fans have their wish. But I have a feeling those same fans that were upset about Romo throwing picks earlier in his career don't like this dink and dunk offense where he just throws to receivers who run comeback routes are enjoying this offense too much right now.