Romo vs The Weather

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theebs;2460577 said:
Wait a minute.

Did I make an ignore list?

Cause if I did, Whos awesome on this flight.....This guy......

Lmao....

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2460569 said:
Yeah, when the heck did I say something racist? Saying "boy" is racist? Are you an idiot? How the heck would I know if you're white, black or purple? Using "boy" may be condescending, but racist? Dude, get over yourself.
If saying boy is no longer racist, why don't you start saying tar baby, burhead, bluegummer, porch monkey, etc. as well? Or are you one of those types that think racism vanished when Obama was elected?

Besides, how can you determine what someone takes as a racist statement? Did you know Asians take being called Oriental as a racist remark? Yeah, who woulda figured, right? It shocked me, but it's true.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Extreme;2460580 said:
If saying boy is no longer racist, why don't you start saying tar baby, burhead, bluegummer, porch monkey, etc. as well? Or are you one of those types that think racism vanished when Obama was elected?

What about cheering for a team named, "Commanders"?

Is that racist?

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah;2460587 said:
What about cheering for a team named, "Commanders"?

Is that racist?
It depends on who you ask. The Native Americans you see protesting are a very small sample, and are far from representing the majority. For the record, I am Native American, not black as you might have thought. My entire family are Commanders fans. Every Native American I have met at pow wows around the country are Commanders fans. So where they dig up these freaks on tv that are always saying it's racist, is beyond me. I fall in the group that is supposedly offended by it, and I'm not, nor is anyone I know of my origin. Even the logo depicts us as warriors, so I take it as a compliment.

Now the Cleveland Indians, that cartoonish mess is just absurd.

coach316

Reaction score
Extreme;2460580 said:

I use boy all the time. As he said, it's a condescension. Not racist. It's used to patronize. Boy, aka "little boy", as in not being big enough for your britches. Also meaning: "if you wanna run with the big dogs, quit peein' like a puppy".

Bizwah

Reaction score
Extreme;2460591 said:
It depends on who you ask. The Native Americans you see protesting are a very small sample, and are far from representing the majority. For the record, I am Native American, not black as you might have thought. My entire family are Commanders fans. Every Native American I have met at pow wows around the country are Commanders fans. So where they dig up these freaks on tv that are always saying it's racist, is beyond me. I fall in the group that is supposedly offended by it, and I'm not, nor is anyone I know of my origin. Even the logo depicts us as warriors, so I take it as a compliment.

Now the Cleveland Indians, that cartoonish mess is just absurd.

So, some terms are ok....some aren't?

I fail to see how "boy" is worse than "Commander"...I call my son "Boy"....It's a term of endearment from me.

Maybe it comes from watching all those Tarzan movies.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I'm trying to think...........has Romo ever had to play in a "weather" game before? I don't think we really have. For all we know he could be the worlds greatest mudder and throw for 600 yards.

Go Cowboys!

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Extreme;2460580 said:
If saying boy is no longer racist, why don't you start saying tar baby, burhead, bluegummer, porch monkey, etc. as well?.

Racism refers to a human race. "Boy" denotes a certain time in the life of a human beeing regardles of race. That's a fundamental distinction.

So please explain how come you think that to be called "boy" is a racial slur. To me it may be nothing more than an aspersion if anything.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think the biggest thing is hoping that the wind is not that bad.

Nothing is so damaging to a passing game as the wind. I think I'd rather throw in rain, snow, heat, anything, than high winds. So difficult. And, given our inability to mount a really consistent running attack, and how great Pitt's run defense is, I think we have to hope the wind stays mild.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2460528 said:
I think he will have a lot of success -- everyone talks about the running game being so important in the mud and snow, but I tend to disagree. If the wind isn't blowing, I think a solid passing game can be deadly effective in those conditions. The running game can just get bogged down, you have fat offensive linemen falling all over the place and a RB just can't get any drive or acceleration going.

However, a receiver has the advantage. Once he makes a move or two, it takes the DB more time to recover than normal, and a QB (particularly an accurate one like Romo) finds that he has more space to throw into than usual. No, my friends, it isn't MBIII that is going to win this game for us -- it is our passing game (provided no wind).

Exactly. Greatest mud game I ever saw was the one Gale Sayers ran wild. I can't remember if they passed that much that day. But the point is the advantage is with the offensive player.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
superpunk;2460637 said:

Nothing is so damaging to a passing game as the wind. I think I'd rather throw in rain, snow, heat, anything, than high winds. So difficult. And, given our inability to mount a really consistent running attack, and how great Pitt's run defense is, I think we have to hope the wind stays mild.

Yeah, but Willie Parker and Mewelde Moore against OUR run defense? That screams "shutout" to me. If the Steelers win this game, I'll be convinced of their quality, but not one second before.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Extreme;2460563 said:
Neither does making a racist statement. And pay attention to my posts, I have made it clear I think the Commanders are sorry. I've been a fan my whole life, I've accepted it. :)

Girl!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;2460637 said:

yea I agree the wind can take away the deep throws.

And if we cant make plays in chunks of yards we are going to be very ineffective.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2460528 said:
I think he will have a lot of success -- everyone talks about the running game being so important in the mud and snow, but I tend to disagree. If the wind isn't blowing, I think a solid passing game can be deadly effective in those conditions. The running game can just get bogged down, you have fat offensive linemen falling all over the place and a RB just can't get any drive or acceleration going.

However, a receiver has the advantage. Once he makes a move or two, it takes the DB more time to recover than normal, and a QB (particularly an accurate one like Romo) finds that he has more space to throw into than usual. No, my friends, it isn't MBIII that is going to win this game for us -- it is our passing game (provided no wind).

I agree with everything except that the WR may have problems catching the cold ball with cold hands. It may be very hard. If they don't have problems with it i would say those field conditions (barring rain, hefty snow or wind) favours us alot.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
TwentyOne;2460658 said:
I agree with everything except that the WR may have problems catching the cold ball with cold hands. It may be very hard. If they don't have problems with it i would say those field conditions (barring rain, hefty snow or wind) favours us alot.

Depends on how cold. Anything at say 35 degrees and above it not cold by any stretch. It really isn't. Once you get down into the twenties, then yes, it starts to hurt a little.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
lane;2460150 said:
it's times like this when i hate myself for not predicting any more games this season.:bang2:

i want to predict a score right now so bad it hurts.

Cowboys 20 - Steelers 9
2 TD's 2 FG's

We limit the Stealers to 3 FG's :star:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2460662 said:
Depends on how cold. Anything at say 35 degrees and above it not cold by any stretch. It really isn't. Once you get down into the twenties, then yes, it starts to hurt a little.

If there was no wind involved, then I'd even go as far as saying that it's not a factor until it hits single digits.....but there is supposed to be some pretty strong gusts. That's what gets you. Wind. It's hard to hide from.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think it's crazy to say Romo will throw for a ton of yards in this game.

I don't think there are any mysteries here -- it's going to be an ugly, sloppy game, and probably without many big plays. But that doesn't mean Romo can't be very effective moving the chains with short passes to Witten and even Barber. I wouldn't be surprised if Crayton has a decent game with some short catches in the middle of the field sitting down in zones.

Like SP and others said, the biggest concern will be the wind, which can make it impossible to throw effectively no matter what the temp is.

But I really think that if we win, it'll look a lot like the Tampa or Washington wins. Meaning that it'll be on our defense to slow them down and make plays. The great thing is that our run D has really come around the last several weeks.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2460695 said:
I think it's crazy to say Romo will throw for a ton of yards in this game.

I don't think there are any mysteries here -- it's going to be an ugly, sloppy game, and probably without many big plays. But that doesn't mean Romo can't be very effective moving the chains with short passes to Witten and even Barber. I wouldn't be surprised if Crayton has a decent game with some short catches in the middle of the field sitting down in zones.

Like SP and others said, the biggest concern will be the wind, which can make it impossible to throw effectively no matter what the temp is.

But I really think that if we win, it'll look a lot like the Tampa or Washington wins. Meaning that it'll be on our defense to slow them down and make plays. The great thing is that our run D has really come around the last several weeks.

Mostly agree. I do think big plays are possible. Some QBs throw in wind reasonably well but swirling can be very difficult.