Romo walking away from CBS will probably be a paid a good portion of the $72M remaining

Has Nance had the ballz to make any kind of comment regarding the 9 years he worked with Romo?! I guess I missed it, so typical.
 
Tony Romo isn’t walking away empty-handed.

The now-former CBS Sports NFL commentator is expected to “probably be a paid a good portion” of the $72 million remaining on his contract, according to The Athletic.

The sides reportedly agreed to financial terms Friday before news broke of of their split with four years and $72 million remaining on Romo’s 10-year, $180 million deal.

https://nypost.com/2026/10/02/sports/how-tony-romo-cbs-handled-72-million-albatross-before-split/
That will show him.
 
Tony Romo isn’t walking away empty-handed.

The now-former CBS Sports NFL commentator is expected to “probably be a paid a good portion” of the $72 million remaining on his contract, according to The Athletic.

The sides reportedly agreed to financial terms Friday before news broke of of their split with four years and $72 million remaining on Romo’s 10-year, $180 million deal.

https://nypost.com/2026/10/02/sports/how-tony-romo-cbs-handled-72-million-albatross-before-split/
Thats crazy. They are paying him a ton of money to not work? I don't understand it. I did read a conspiracy theory on it though. It said he was calling plays in advance which caused the casinos a headache.
 
Thats crazy. They are paying him a ton of money to not work? I don't understand it. I did read a conspiracy theory on it though. It said he was calling plays in advance which caused the casinos a headache.
I had not seen that but it's a plausible Theory with all these instant prop bets and everything that people can do these days
 
I said earlier that with $72m left on his contract im sure his lawyers negotiated at least a $40m walk away price tag.
CBS doesn’t have a cause to fire.

Romo isn’t a criminal.

His lawyers did an excellent job.
 
Thats crazy. They are paying him a ton of money to not work? I don't understand it. I did read a conspiracy theory on it though. It said he was calling plays in advance which caused the casinos a headache.
He wanted out.

CBS did not have his back.

No support.

Who would want to work for them?

Take the $$$ and walk.
 
Thats crazy. They are paying him a ton of money to not work? I don't understand it. I did read a conspiracy theory on it though. It said he was calling plays in advance which caused the casinos a headache.
It just illustrates how they have used this opportunity to get rid of him. And wanted it bad enough to pay off his contract in full.
 
I can’t tell you how many fans, Cowboys fans as well, who simply didn’t like Romo’s style of color commentator.
 
Tony Romo isn’t walking away empty-handed.

The now-former CBS Sports NFL commentator is expected to “probably be a paid a good portion” of the $72 million remaining on his contract, according to The Athletic.

The sides reportedly agreed to financial terms Friday before news broke of of their split with four years and $72 million remaining on Romo’s 10-year, $180 million deal.

https://nypost.com/2026/10/02/sports/how-tony-romo-cbs-handled-72-million-albatross-before-split/
No one is crying for Romo. The man is so financial set for 100 years. And going to get paid millions for driving and driving. What a country.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,137
Messages
14,669,407
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top