Romo walking away from CBS will probably be a paid a good portion of the $72M remaining

fired is interesting when the other side pays tens of millions to you when you leave
It’s called honoring the contract. Call it what you want but the fact they’re willing to pay him off punctuates how much they wanted him out. This incident simply provided them an easier road out.
 
fired is interesting when the other side pays tens of millions to you when you leave
He’s unemployed with a major cash infusion coming. He should seek professional help. He really disappointed me with this situation.
 
Not sure I fully buy into the whole "drinking problem" thing...it had a whiff of Tiger Woods and his "sex addiction" and he was just trying to save his job. I dunno...I'm skeptical
He himself has said he’s had issues since the 2016 injury….maybe it’s drugs or whatever I think he needs time. He literally retired and went to the booth.
 
He himself has said he’s had issues since the 2016 injury….maybe it’s drugs or whatever I think he needs time. He literally retired and went to the booth.
Maybe, but him saying it doesn't necessarily change anything for me. He might be telling the truth or it may have been him trying to turn public scrutiny into pity...only he really knows the truth.
 
Y'all act like some of that is going into your pockets. I never understood men who pocket watch, focus on your own pockets.

giphy.gif
 
maybe Romo can take Bradshaw’s spot. His times running out over there
I would enjoy that. Give him some time to get the help he needs and then let him move into that spot. Couldn't be any worse than having Jason Garrett on NBC's studio show.
 
Maybe, but him saying it doesn't necessarily change anything for me. He might be telling the truth or it may have been him trying to turn public scrutiny into pity...only he really knows the truth.
But that’s the thing he hasn’t really gotten scrutiny. Nobody saw that footage I thought he was in a bad light
 
There has been rumors this incident provided them an out on his contract as they were suspected of wanting out due to some pushback on his ratings of late. And just his overall performance and interest was growing stale.
Really? really? Sodo you think a single person tuned in to watch the premier CBS game that week, saw Romo and then turned it off? smh
 
But that’s the thing he hasn’t really gotten scrutiny. Nobody saw that footage I thought he was in a bad light
Maybe...but it definitely protected his job to the extent that they couldn't just fire him for conduct and ended up having to basically pay him out his contract.
 
Really? really? Sodo you think a single person tuned in to watch the premier CBS game that week, saw Romo and then turned it off? smh
Sounds to me like what you would expect from a corporation trying to trash someone they want to get rid of
All those claiming CBS is telling the truth I ask this: has anyone outside of CBS said anything like that about Romo?
 
Really? really? Sodo you think a single person tuned in to watch the premier CBS game that week, saw Romo and then turned it off? smh
There are many fans who have multiple options via Sunday Ticket and or Redzone who could switch the channel .
 
I would enjoy that. Give him some time to get the help he needs and then let him move into that spot. Couldn't be any worse than having Jason Garrett on NBC's studio show.
Garrett has been a class addition to NBC show. And has received great reviews as well on his broadcast of Notre Dame games.

And I think Romo could be a welcomed addition replacing Bradshaw who it’s well past time for him to retire.

It’s hard to say though how long this ripple effect will last on Romo. Networks are kinda funny about these types of incidents and the image of the personalities with few exceptions.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,182
Messages
14,671,310
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top