Dallas Cowboys defensive stats through 4 games

With the NFL rule book strongly favoring offenses, the coin of the realm for modern defenses is a two sided coin: sacks and turnovers.

If your defense cannot generate sacks or turnovers without taking big chances with max blitzes, your defense is in trouble.

I’m glad we got Joey Porter but without any kind of consistent pass rush, our defense will continue to be vulnerable.
 

Are you really trying to ruin my morning I mean is this some kind of punishment that you forced us to look at numbers I don't want to look at numbers for the side of the ball I know is absolutely horrible but hey they stepped up from the worst defense to just above worst I don't know what that is but I'm hoping yes, this incremental improvement is working..lol
 
Ummmm, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think this is very good.
I don't think that's what it was meant They're just telling you what production has been but the pressures have been there I don't know if you call that not good they need to close them up and I hope they get better each game and start dropping sacks and creating interceptions they created almost five turnovers in the New York Giant game right out of the box so no the defense has not been good but I don't think these numbers are saying that they're bad they're just an update which we didn't need because,

I feel like I'm purposely being punished Can we see the offensive numbers please..lol :laugh:
 
Hey, we may not get many sacks or TOs, but we can't cover or tackle either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually that's not true Well most of that's not true Look I don't want to get into it with you this morning but the tackling is the one thing that is improved go look at the running back stats the run game has gotten better for the defense stopping the run slowing the running back since game one The the running quarterbacks destroyed us early but that's something that you can see has improved each week They've been tackling pretty well..

But you're right is ruining the stats for the cover guys and some of the guys that have been in because we had five key players out on defense that might make sense that we've been playing with our 3rd string safeties and we haven't been able to use downs the way we want But the tackling I've seen improved they've been slowing the run game down a lot I mean look at how they tackled in the Ravens game and you're saying they can't tackle and they even against the Texans they tackle but you're right they can't cover that is why JPJ is here and that's why we hope to get Durant back You know Cobie supposed to be the starter here he's been out if we can get this settled down.. starting corners Cobie-JBJ -Revel , Downs part time nickle - Bland ther backup.. Lock and thompson back at safety,

Just in case you didn't notice a lot of those guys have been out So yeah things need to improve..

You're right the defense hasn't been good but there has been some glimmers I hope and the one thing that's been getting better is they are actually better stopping the running backs lately that's improved every game..
 
With the NFL rule book strongly favoring offenses, the coin of the realm for modern defenses is a two sided coin: sacks and turnovers.

If your defense cannot generate sacks or turnovers without taking big chances with max blitzes, your defense is in trouble.

I’m glad we got Joey Porter but without any kind of consistent pass rush, our defense will continue to be vulnerable.
CBs have their hands tied. That's why you get some average ones and focus on the front 4. Pocket must be collapsed, period. If you have good edge rushers but average DT's, QB will simply step up. Great DT's and average edge, QB will simply step to the side. Need both.

Problem w/ Jerry is that he's always been way to obsessed w/ CBs. Follow the ball fans. He's spent so much money/resources there that the DLine is usually incomplete. Like when we had Ware and no one.

Think about it, we won 3 super bowls w/ Larry Brown starting at CB. How good was Brown? Ask the Raiders!!!!!!!!
 
Actually that's not true Well most of that's not true Look I don't want to get into it with you this morning but the tackling is the one thing that is improved go look at the running back stats the run game has gotten better for the defense stopping the run slowing the running back since game one The the running quarterbacks destroyed us early but that's something that you can see has improved each week They've been tackling pretty well..

But you're right is ruining the stats for the cover guys and some of the guys that have been in because we had five key players out on defense that might make sense that we've been playing with our 3rd string safeties and we haven't been able to use downs the way we want But the tackling I've seen improved they've been slowing the run game down a lot I mean look at how they tackled in the Ravens game and you're saying they can't tackle and they even against the Texans they tackle but you're right they can't cover that is why JPJ is here and that's why we hope to get Durant back You know Cobie supposed to be the starter here he's been out if we can get this settled down.. starting corners Cobie-JBJ -Revel , Downs part time nickle - Bland ther backup.. Lock and thompson back at safety,

Just in case you didn't notice a lot of those guys have been out So yeah things need to improve..

You're right the defense hasn't been good but there has been some glimmers I hope and the one thing that's been getting better is they are actually better stopping the running backs lately that's improved every game..
Dude, humor. Just in case you didn't notice that was a humor post. Sheeesh.
 
In this era, defenses do not shut down offenses or dominate them, you need turnovers to pick up the slack. If you don't get any, then you have to outscore just like Dallas is trying to do. It works sometimes, and then sometimes it don't. You continue to be mediocre. Them are the facts.
 
He has been playing better. Wearing some of the rust off.
I don't think people realize that clowney was good last year,

But he didn't get most of his sacks until the last two games of the year or they all came in two games I mean the rest of the time he was average really solid in the run game yes but everyone crying they want him back he doesn't look that great either But yes I think Von Miller needs another 10 snaps He's the type of guy that it's a lot of averages he needs to be in the game a little longer so maybe after this 10 game break they double his snaps he can go from like 10 to 20 when you look at last year with the Washington I saw a stat that is what he was doing last year he was running out about 20 a game and right now it's about 10 so we need to double his usage and I don't care what he thinks about what he got paid this man was paid well I mean $6 million isn't anything to sneeze at I hope they put a caveat you know a disclaimer in there that some of it's earned by playing time and stats because he could just sit back on his laurels and collect that money that that's not what I want here and I was afraid of that when they brought in the saggy..

You can't trust them A and M guys.

hook'em lol
 
In this era, defenses do not shut down offenses or dominate them, you need turnovers to pick up the slack. If you don't get any, then you have to outscore just like Dallas is trying to do. It works sometimes, and then sometimes it don't. You continue to be mediocre. Them are the facts.
Yup. Only way is to disrupt the pocket. Hit the QB. Even if you get a penalty, just keep hitting him. Hitting a QB disrupts timing and rhythm.

And as Bellychickens said: "They're not going to call a penalty on every play."
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,183
Messages
14,671,355
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top