Romo wants 10 million per year from CBS

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He offers some good insight that most don’t but he annoys the hell out if me with his school girl giddiness and trying to predict every play.

How is football announcer being excited about football, in any way, acting like a "school girl"?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ything-in-seeking-CBS-raise-to-10M-130534870/

FRISCO - Tony Romo Knows Drama. Tony Romo Knows Timing. So it should surprise no one that word has leaks that Tony Romo would like a raise to $10 million a year to continue working as a TV analyst for CBS Sports.

“I feel this (in the booth for CBS) is exactly where I should be,” Romo told the media during a pre-Super Bowl preview in January.

But now, according to Sporting News, Romo’s representatives are looking for a contract extension paying him “eight figures” annually to remain "where he should be'' -- a substantial raise from his present salary of $4 million.

he's one of the best and needs to be paid like it. all there is to it.

LittleD

Reaction score
That’s what I usually end up doing.

Just an FYI, a study was done and Tony was right 68% of the time he predicted plays. That’s not near the percentage most here would have you believe. Not even joking, most of us could guess the same amount of plays, in the same situations, correctly. I’m not saying we all know football as well as he does, obviously most of us, if any do, but as far as his predictions go they are way overblown.

I’ve also joind live game threads that he’s commentating and have pointed out every time he is wrong and right but people don’t like to hear when he is wrong, it’s like telling a kid that Santa isn’t real, they don’t want to believe it.

Of course he's wrong. He studied the QB's and defenses in the games he calls and knows tendencies. He reads the defense pre-snap and makes
a call on what the QB is likely (not definitely) to call. QB's see different things at the line and know their teams better than Tony. For him to get over 6 out of 10 calls right is remarkable.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's a very experienced QB who knows how to read defenses and knows what offensive plays would work against based on pre-snap read.
Yes, the QB may opt for something else or have an audible last minute. NFL football is a game of significant variables and outcomes.
When you've been watching him . and playing this game as long as I have. I don't really need someone to tell me what's going to happen beforehand. I do understand it helps people enjoy the game more good for them

aria

Reaction score
How is football announcer being excited about football, in any way, acting like a "school girl"?
Because he is constantly giggling, oooooing and ahhhing. He sounds like a hybrid mangirlchild.

Let me ask you a personal question, do you giggle a lot when you watch football? Do you still oooooo and ahhhhhh when you see fireworks?

LittleD

Reaction score
Yes. It's impressive but not necessarily what I want to hear. I cringe a little when the story about his announcing becomes all about his predictive skill, because frankly I fear it'll become more and more the Romo magic trick show instead of a football game.

That's okay, turn off the sound and turn on the radio. Maybe that will be more to your liking.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's a very experienced QB who knows how to read defenses and knows what offensive plays would work against based on pre-snap read.
Yes, the QB may opt for something else or have an audible last minute. NFL football is a game of significant variables and outcomes.
You want to learn how to read a defense. Pay attention to the safeties. They'll tell you what you should do and not do. The problem is they disguise it very carefully. That's why he's wrong sometimes that's why I'm wrong sometimes. That's why you play the game

LittleD

Reaction score
When you've been watching him . and playing this game as long as I have. I don't really need someone to tell me what's going to happen beforehand. I do understand it helps people enjoy the game more good for them

Different strokes for different folks. It's all good!!!

aria

Reaction score
Of course he's wrong. He studied the QB's and defenses in the games he calls and knows tendencies. He reads the defense pre-snap and makes
a call on what the QB is likely (not definitely) to call. QB's see different things at the line and know their teams better than Tony. For him to get over 6 out of 10 calls right is remarkable.
I guess I’m remarkable as well. Why don’t you follow me in the next live game thread he does, I bet I bat 60-70%. Especially when I say things like “this could be a pass to the right or they may run it up th middle” and I get credit by fans for being right if it’s one or the other but if I’m wrong then it’s “he said could be, never would be”.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Different strokes for different folks. It's all good!!!
I would love to have Tony be the defensive coordinator. When you can read a defense as well as he can what better person can put them in the right position for the offense. I don't think it will ever happen. It takes a hell of a lot more than being able to read a play here and there to run a team

LittleD

Reaction score
You want to learn how to read a defense. Pay attention to the safeties. They'll tell you what you should do and not do. The problem is they disguise it very carefully. That's why he's wrong sometimes that's why I'm wrong sometimes. That's why you play the game

At best and given the time, he can make a pre-snap read and call based on defensive tendencies. If the defense shifts 2 seconds before the snap, all bets are off. That's how NE befuddled the Colts in the playoff game.

LittleD

Reaction score
I guess I’m remarkable as well. Why don’t you follow me in the next live game thread he does, I bet I bat 60-70%. Especially when I say things like “this could be a pass to the right or they may run it up th middle” and I get credit by fans for being right if it’s one or the other but if I’m wrong then it’s “he said could be, never would be”.

If you can do it...touche

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is my question to you do you understand why they should throw left or the right or over the middle. I'm not saying you don't I'm just curious.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Because he is constantly giggling, oooooing and ahhhing. He sounds like a hybrid mangirlchild.

Let me ask you a personal question, do you giggle a lot when you watch football? Do you still oooooo and ahhhhhh when you see fireworks?

So only girls oooh and aaahhh? Neat fact.

And yeah, I do, to an extent. Football is an exciting, emotional sport, and I don't give an airborne fornication as to whether I look like a "mangirlchild" or not.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At best and given the time, he can make a pre-snap read and call based on defensive tendencies. If the defense shifts 2 seconds before the snap, all bets are off. That's how NE befuddled the Colts in the playoff game.
Do you know the quarterbacks microphone turns off 15 seconds after the play clock starts. Not many people know that fact.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They showed the entire league how to beat Mahomes I've been asking for a defensive tackle for over 3 Seasons. You can't get pressure up the middle you can't win in this league

LittleD

Reaction score
I would love to have Tony be the defensive coordinator. When you can read a defense as well as he can what better person can put them in the right position for the offense. I don't think it will ever happen. It takes a hell of a lot more than being able to read a play here and there to run a team

DC's don't make as much money as Tony does now and have to work countless hours. He's not likely to leave the booth as long as they are going
to pay him well. Look at Aikman, he gets paid plenty and has never had thoughts of leaving the booth and becoming a coach. Coaches in the NFL are NFL (not for long).

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So only girls oooh and aaahhh? Neat fact.

And yeah, I do, to an extent. Football is an exciting, emotional sport, and I don't give an airborne fornication as to whether I look like a "mangirlchild" or not.
Emotional game without a doubt. I wonder if Charles Haley would have been as good as he was if it wasn't for his emotion. I think that's what made him a scary player