Romo wants 10 million per year from CBS

LittleD

Reaction score
Do you know the quarterbacks microphone turns off 15 seconds after the play clock starts. Not many people know that fact.

I did know it did turn off early. I think I remember that the Rams were trying to call plays right up to the last second to deceive the defense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
DC's don't make as much money as Tony does now and have to work countless hours. He's not likely to leave the booth as long as they are going
to pay him well. Look at Aikman, he gets paid plenty and has never had thoughts of leaving the booth and becoming a coach. Coaches in the NFL are NFL (not for long).
I understand that exactly. I think the one time the franchise wanted Troy Aikman he turned them down. He can't stand Jerry Jones

LittleD

Reaction score
They showed the entire league how to beat Mahomes I've been asking for a defensive tackle for over 3 Seasons. You can't get pressure up the middle you can't win in this league
You are most correct with passing oriented teams for sure. You just have to get penetration.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ything-in-seeking-CBS-raise-to-10M-130534870/

FRISCO - Tony Romo Knows Drama. Tony Romo Knows Timing. So it should surprise no one that word has leaks that Tony Romo would like a raise to $10 million a year to continue working as a TV analyst for CBS Sports.

“I feel this (in the booth for CBS) is exactly where I should be,” Romo told the media during a pre-Super Bowl preview in January.

But now, according to Sporting News, Romo’s representatives are looking for a contract extension paying him “eight figures” annually to remain "where he should be'' -- a substantial raise from his present salary of $4 million.

Your link doesn't work anymore so I couldn't read the article but that won't change what I was going to say. When is the public going to stop believing every word that these "insiders" say as if it is gospel? The number of times these insiders have gotten things wrong is so long. They speculate and the public take those speculations as facts as is. There have been stars in all sports that outright refuse to talk to some insiders because they said or wrote something that wasn't true and the players don't trust them anymore. Now if this does turn ou to be true then we can ague about it, but right now the only ones that know for certain are Romo, his agent and CBS and nobody wins if they try to negotiate in public.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did know it did turn off early. I think I remember that the Rams were trying to call plays right up to the last second to deceive the defense.
That's exactly what happened to Jared Goff. The defense knew he had no coaching help after 15 seconds. That was his downfall he couldn't read a defense. And they think Prescott can't it takes years to read an NFL defense into the last second

LittleD

Reaction score
Your link doesn't work anymore so I couldn't read the article but that won't change what I was going to say. When is the public going to stop believing every word that these "insiders" say as if it is gospel? The number of times these insiders have gotten things wrong is so long. They speculate and the public take those speculations as facts as is. There have been starts in all sports that outright refuse to talk to some insiders because they said or wrote something that wasn't true and the players don't trust them anymore. Now if this does turn ou to be true then we can ague about it, but right now the only ones that know for certain are Romo, his agent and CBS and nobody wins if they try to negotiate in public.

Romo has options...He will get his money for sure. 10mil+ per year is chump change for a business like CBS sports.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo has options...He will get his money for sure. 10mil+ per year is chump change for a business like CBS sports.
They need to fix baseball even though I'm not a huge fan. That's why I think they're spending money on football

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't believe the amount of people that think these players get paid because of Stadium ticket sales . how do they not know it's TV Revenue commercials . you want to stop playing these players so much money stop drinking beer LOL . I don't think tickets even cover the utility bills for the stadium

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would love to see the bottom line. How much revenue the stadium actually pulls in. I wonder if Jerry even makes a dime from it

aria

Reaction score
This is my question to you do you understand why they should throw left or the right or over the middle. I'm not saying you don't I'm just curious.
In some situations, yes. Sometimes it’s common sense run vs pass or mismatches. Again, I’m not questioning his overall football knowledge and one of the few things I give him credit for are the insights he adds to the game that most don’t but his guessing every play right is overblown and gets annoying (to me).

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In some situations, yes. Sometimes it’s commin sense run vs pass or mismatches. Again, I’m not questioning his overall football knowledge and one of the few things I give him credit for are the insights he adds to the game that most don’t but his guessing every play right is overblown and gets annoying (to me).
Yes I find it annoying sometimes also. Especially late in the fourth quarter. I love heart attack games and I want to see it play out by itself

aria

Reaction score
So only girls oooh and aaahhh? Neat fact.

And yeah, I do, to an extent. Football is an exciting, emotional sport, and I don't give an airborne fornication as to whether I look like a "mangirlchild" or not.
Well girls and most children under 12 or so. Good for you, glad you’re not being paid millions to do so along with Tony. I swear, if I had one friend over during a game that started doing that crap I would tell them it’s nothing personal but either shut up or leave, it’s annoying.

What makes it especially bad is when he struggles to make the most boring and simplest of plays by ahhhhhhhing or talking like he’s struggling to have a bowel movement.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

First if ti is chump change then it would have already been done if this insider is right. Second, if it is chump change they would have paid that to him from the start.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you work for free as a habit or do you seek regular raises? I find it interesting that somehow working a legitimate job, paying more taxes than the average Joe/Sasha and providing his employers with $100’s of millions of $ and then wanting to be fairly compensated for it can somehow be considered obscene. Someone living in a box could look at what you have and consider that to be obscene as well.
Yes they could, which is precisely why I wouldn't expect to get paid more than double what I do and think I was being reasonable.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well girls and most children under 12 or so. Good for you, glad you’re not being paid millions to do so along with Tony. I swear, if I had one friend over during a game that started doing that crap I would tell them it’s nothing personal but either shut up or leave, it’s annoying.

What makes it especially bad is when he struggles to make the most boring and simplest of plays by ahhhhhhhing or talking like he’s struggling to have a bowel movement.

Your Romo hatred is coming out loud and clear. Its funny, not ha ha funny that most announcers, players and fans have said what an excellent job Romo did in the booth. On many occasions when the team came to the line he was able to call the EXACT play that was run and then afterwords explained how by how the defense lined up and how the offense lined up. He didn't just say it was a pas or a run, but exactly who was going to get the ball where. BTW, even many or most adults yell at the TV during games, not just girls or kids.

aria

Reaction score
Your Romo hatred is coming out loud and clear. Its funny, not ha ha funny that most announcers, players and fans have said what an excellent job Romo did in the booth. On many occasions when the team came to the line he was able to call the EXACT play that was run and then afterwords explained how by how the defense lined up and how the offense lined up. He didn't just say it was a pas or a run, but exactly who was going to get the ball where. BTW, even many or most adults yell at the TV during games, not just girls or kids.
I’m sorry, did I ever mislead you or anyone here that I was or am a big Romo fan? I’d love to see those posts, please find them for me detective.

By most times, I assume you mean 67%? Technically that’s more than half but I wouldn’t consider it most.

Did I ever say yell? I said giggle, ooooo and ahhhhhhh, like a kid watching a magician or fireworks show. Most adults I know don’t giggle during football games, IMOF, I don’t know of any outside of Tony.