Romo wants 10 million per year from CBS

RoboQB

Reaction score
The Romo hate is amazing!

The Internet has exposed so many people as self-righteous pompous arrogant pricks.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Mods love this.

I don't see any asterisks and I didn't call anyone out specifically.
Seems accurate and acceptable to me.

I mean, to hate on a guy for making a living because he has "too much" money?
That used to be un-American.

RoboQB

Reaction score
My favorite thing about Romo broadcasting is that so many of my buddies
love listening to him. Most of my friends are Commanders fans. It's so funny to me
how much they like him.

Romo's style is exactly what will earn him an 8 figure salary, or very close to it,
but hey, three guys on a message board don't like it and claim to know more
about the game than everyone else, so he sucks... smh.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't see any asterisks and I didn't call anyone out specifically.
Seems accurate and acceptable to me.

I mean, to hate on a guy for making a living because he has "too much" money?
That used to be un-American.

Calling someone an arrogant pr***? If you say so. lol.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Ad rev for CBS pkg of games alone is approx $870m per yr, non SB year of course. Is Tony responsible for that, no but when you are the hot tkt everyone wants to ply you with $. Are you of the belief that all income over $1mio should be taxed at a 70% rate?
I have no interest in American tax law. It is a necessary evil. Unless CBS made a post tax profit
of 23 bucks the year before Tony's arrival, he didn't make his employers hundreds of millions of dollars profit. My point was and still is, greed is an unpleasant thing to see.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Someone’s jealous.
No. Just disappointed. I loved Tony Romo as a Cowboy and rate him as a commentator. It is sad that he apparently doesn't know life has been very good to him and he is in a very privileged position. If 4 million wasn't enough this year, will 10 million really be enough for him next year? How much money is enough money Tony?

Nav22

Reaction score
No. Just disappointed. I loved Tony Romo as a Cowboy and rate him as a commentator. It is sad that he apparently doesn't know life has been very good to him and he is in a very privileged position. If 4 million wasn't enough this year, will 10 million really be enough for him next year? How much money is enough money Tony?
What do you care? Why shouldn’t he try to earn every penny that his industry decides he’s worth? Don’t be jealous of his wealth.

Oh, and if YOU thought that asking for a $10 mil salary at YOUR job would be granted, you’d do it first thing in the morning tomorrow. Now who’s greedy?

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
What do you care? Why shouldn’t he try to earn every penny that his industry decides he’s worth? Don’t be jealous of his wealth.

Oh, and if YOU thought that asking for a $10 mil salary at YOUR job would be granted, you’d do it first thing in the morning tomorrow. Now who’s greedy?
That's kind of my point though, you and I and the rest of the world aren't in a position to ask for a ridiculous pay rise. Privilege has afforded him that opportunity and he clearly aims to exploit it. I wonder if he has a plan for an extra 6 million dollars or if he just wants to throw it on the pile purely because 'he can'. You're wrong anyway, I earn a sufficient amount to support my family and myself by doing a job I like doing. I appreciate what I have and do not yearn for more. You may or may not believe that but I don't care either way. I stand by my original point, greed is a horrible thing that corrupts people and erodes the soul. Seeing evidence of it in someone I rooted for and admired is disappointing. If that offends your sensibilities then, respectfully, that's your problem.

Nav22

Reaction score
That's kind of my point though, you and I and the rest of the world aren't in a position to ask for a ridiculous pay rise. Privilege has afforded him that opportunity and he clearly aims to exploit it. I wonder if he has a plan for an extra 6 million dollars or if he just wants to throw it on the pile purely because 'he can'. You're wrong anyway, I earn a sufficient amount to support my family and myself by doing a job I like doing. I appreciate what I have and do not yearn for more. You may or may not believe that but I don't care either way. I stand by my original point, greed is a horrible thing that corrupts people and erodes the soul. Seeing evidence of it in someone I rooted for and admired is disappointing. If that offends your sensibilities then, respectfully, that's your problem.
It’s not about what you “yearn” for. You’re lying if you say you wouldn’t ask for $10 mil tomorrow if you thought it’d be granted. Even if you made $500K and lived a very comfortable life, you’d sprint to your boss and request the massive raise.

Tony’s no dummy and he’s going to earn what he can. What exactly is he “exploiting”? The poor billion-dollar cable network? If they’re willing to pay him that much, why do YOU care?

You say you wonder if he has a plan with the money... why do you care now? Didn’t you already say he’s greedy and that you’re disappointed in him? LOL for all you know he could be starting a charitable foundation with the money and donating much of it.

This is all irrelevant anyways though since, you know, it’s his money.

Your attitude towards another man’s wallet shows your own jealousy and insecurity.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s not about what you “yearn” for. You’re lying if you say you wouldn’t ask for $10 mil tomorrow if you thought it’d be granted. Even if you made $500K and lived a very comfortable life, you’d sprint to your boss and request the massive raise.

Tony’s no dummy and he’s going to earn what he can. What exactly is he “exploiting”? The poor billion-dollar cable network? If they’re willing to pay him that much, why do YOU care?

You say you wonder if he has a plan with the money... why do you care now? Didn’t you already say he’s greedy and that you’re disappointed in him? LOL for all you know he could be starting a charitable foundation with the money and donating much of it.

This is all irrelevant anyways though since, you know, it’s his money.

Your attitude towards another man’s wallet shows your own jealousy and insecurity.
Okay. We obviously aren't going to see eye to eye on this one so I won't post anymore on this thread. I don't wish to make an enemy of a fellow Cowboy fan so I suggest we agree to disagree and move on. Go Cowboys.

aria

Reaction score
The problem is that you have no charisma and can't connect with your audience.
Too many viewers would change the channel or at least hit the mute button... lol.
Lol, one thing I don’t lack is charisma, candidness and emotion. If anything they would have to change the channel to protect their children.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
My favorite thing about Romo broadcasting is that so many of my buddies
love listening to him. Most of my friends are Commanders fans. It's so funny to me
how much they like him.

Romo's style is exactly what will earn him an 8 figure salary, or very close to it,
but hey, three guys on a message board don't like it and claim to know more
about the game than everyone else, so he sucks... smh.

They like him now because they no longer have to play against him.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Thats what you should be asking Jerry. The old drunken pervert is worth 7 billion and it still isn't enough. His wallet still means more than Lombardi's in the trophy case.

rags747

Reaction score
You seem like a nice guy, to my line of thought a bit weird but everyone has something going on. Tony as you know fought for everything he has received in life, FA bum who made good above all expectations. The Mkt for his current services is hot hot hot, is he supposed to take an amount that is less than is being offered? Is Larry Ellison Greedy, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates and on and on and? The goal in life is to be the best that you can possibly be, cash is the usual measurement of that. Believe it or not you can be filthy rich and still believe in God, Country, Family and all that is good in the world and it allows you to give plenty back. Anyway, we obviously won’t solve anything here but it is interesting to see different thought processes. Btw...Are you American?

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
You seem like a nice guy, to my line of thought a bit weird but everyone has something going on. Tony as you know fought for everything he has received in life, FA bum who made good above all expectations. The Mkt for his current services is hot hot hot, is he supposed to take an amount that is less than is being offered? Is Larry Ellison Greedy, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates and on and on and? The goal in life is to be the best that you can possibly be, cash is the usual measurement of that. Believe it or not you can be filthy rich and still believe in God, Country, Family and all that is good in the world and it allows you to give plenty back. Anyway, we obviously won’t solve anything here but it is interesting to see different thought processes. Btw...Are you American?
I am not American and maybe that gives me a culturally different outlook (maybe). You ask 'is he supposed to take an amount that is less than is being offered?' but the OP says he is asking for it, not being offered it. That is a crucial difference. By posting this, I have become a liar but I feel I needed to respond to you out of common courtesy. Again, I don't wish to make any enemies, just my opinion.