Romo wants 10 million per year from CBS

HanD

Reaction score
Hatcher was right. It won’t happen but I’d love it it they told Romo to shove where he wants it.

yeah cause they could go right back to phil simms and romo would make that much elsewhere easily. the guy is getting his worth. not sure why people are mad at that. peyton was offered 10m to do tnf and he's never even had a gig before.

HanD

Reaction score
CBS will pay him, but probably negotiate it down to $8-$9 million. People say announcers don't matter, and people will watch regardless. That is true, but there were games I tuned into the last two years specifically because I wanted to hear Romo. I know I'm not the only one.

to some extent they don't matter but there are some that really are cringe worthy who just spout non-sense. charles davis for me personally is dreadful.

aria

Reaction score
yeah cause they could go right back to phil simms and romo would make that much elsewhere easily. the guy is getting his worth. not sure why people are mad at that. peyton was offered 10m to do tnf and he's never even had a gig before.
It must be taxing for him to sit in the booth that often. Poor guy can barely make ends meet that he needs a 150% raise :rolleyes:

HanD

Reaction score
It must be taxing for him to sit in the booth that often. Poor guy can barely make ends meet that he needs a 150% raise :rolleyes:

it has nothing to do with how much he has. why are you hating on him maximizing his worth? if he is one of the best, he should be paid as such. and if others are willing to pay him in that range, more power to him to get as much as he can. why does that bother you?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
he's a color commentator. that's different from play by play announcer.

aikman asked for a raise when he learned peyton was offered 10m annually. not sure why the hate for romo asking for more money and maximizing his opportunity.
I know exactly what they are.

I’m not hating on Romo. Just don’t think he’s worth more than two best commentators in NFL.

HanD

Reaction score
I know exactly what they are.

I’m not hating on Romo. Just don’t think he’s worth more than two best commentators in NFL.

market dictates that though right? i think the article stated aikman was making 7.5m. we know peyton was offered 10 and aikman wanted a raise because of that. if romo gets his raise because of it, nantz and michaels could always wait for their contracts to come up and ask for more based on other salaries.

aria

Reaction score
it has nothing to do with how much he has. why are you hating on him maximizing his worth? if he is one of the best, he should be paid as such. and if others are willing to pay him in that range, more power to him to get as much as he can. why does that bother you?
150% increase is bit selfish to me. When will enough ever be enough for these guys? Tony should take some notes from Tom Brady, maybe if he wasn’t so selfish as a player as well then he may have actually made it to the Super Bowl as a player, not an announcer.

LittleD

Reaction score
150% increase is bit selfish to me. When will enough ever be enough for these guys? Tony should take some notes from Tom Brady, maybe if he wasn’t so selfish as a player as well then he may have actually made it to the Super Bowl as a player, not an announcer.

Networks are loaded with money and there is no salary cap in the private sector good buddy.

HanD

Reaction score

that's a bit irrelevant. cbs isn't under a salary cap. tom brady also has a wife who makes more money than him.

all of it is absurd to a degree but i won't harp on a man getting as much as he can. you could conversely look at a person from a third world country asking you when is it enough? you have running water, food every day so why would you be selfish and ask for a raise at work instead of working minimum wage. it all depends on your vantage point.