Romo wants 10 million per year from CBS

aria

Reaction score
Right...If Dak is worth 25mil then, Romo is worth 10mil and probably more. He was twice the QB that Dak will ever be...for sure.
Yet Dak got ROY and has made it to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. Tony has wet dreams about bring able to do that.

aria

Reaction score
Networks are loaded with money and there is no salary cap in the private sector good buddy.
I get it, I’m just not surprised and think it’s a reflection of who he is and has always been.

HanD

Reaction score
I get it, I’m just not surprised and think it’s a reflection of who he is and has always been.

he's not alone. a vast majority look out for themselves and make as much money as they can. that doesn't always equal selfishness. he isn't taking away from anybody by doing this. the network will survive....they aren't donating to the poor however much he leaves on the table.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Yet Dak got ROY and has made it to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. Tony has wet dreams about bring able to do that.
Dak has regressed if anything from his rookie year.

You're saying if you felt you were being underpaid at work based off your performance when measured against your peers you wouldn't ask for a raise?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's definitely entertaining but he's not always right. I like Phil Simms. I don't need to be taught to play

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They are the class Play by Play announcers in the game.
I was just having a little fun with the situation. I do think it would be awkward to have him surpass Nantz in one season. At least by that much. It will all work itself out.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
He's not worth it.

I agree with you for once. :laugh:

He's only worth it in his own mind. If I was CBS, I'd tell him to stick it and crawl back into that hole of obscurity he emerged from in 2003.

Side note: It doesn't hurt to ask, so more power to him.

aria

Reaction score
that's a bit irrelevant. cbs isn't under a salary cap. tom brady also has a wife who makes more money than him.

all of it is absurd to a degree but i won't harp on a man getting as much as he can. you could conversely look at a person from a third world country asking you when is it enough? you have running water, food every day so why would you be selfish and ask for a raise at work instead of working minimum wage. it all depends on your vantage point.
As I said earlier, it’s somewhat relevant because it’s a reflection of who he is and his selfish personality. If it’s not about money but about “worth” than why bring up how much Jizele makes?

erod

Reaction score
He's definitely entertaining but he's not always right. I like Phil Simms. I don't need to be taught to play

"inside outside outside inside outside inside inside outside inside outside......"

Simms is absolutely horrible, which is why nobody wants him in their booth anymore.

aria

Reaction score
he's not alone. a vast majority look out for themselves and make as much money as they can. that doesn't always equal selfishness. he isn't taking away from anybody by doing this. the network will survive....they aren't donating to the poor however much he leaves on the table.
Yup, networks are crooks, all I said is that it is a reflection of his personality whether it be as the QB for the Dallas Cowboys or commentator for CBS.

HanD

Reaction score
As I said earlier, it’s somewhat relevant because it’s a reflection of who he is and his selfish personality. If it’s not about money but about “worth” than why bring up how much Jizele makes?

because brady is an outlier. there aren't more than a handful that do what he did. so to criticize romo when hundreds of others and probably most americans are doing it is silly. he leaving money on the table doesn't impact anyone else. brady doing it impacts the team's cap and competitiveness. i praise brady for doing it. that doesn't make me crap on romo. him doing it doesn't impact cbs's product. i'd criticize a ton of people for maximizing money before i did romo.

aria

Reaction score
Dak has regressed if anything from his rookie year.

You're saying if you felt you were being underpaid at work based off your performance when measured against your peers you wouldn't ask for a raise?
I’ve already turned down opportunities to make more money. If I’m happy doing what I’m doing than that’s all that matters to me.