Romo was asked today if he would come back for 60 million

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They had Romo interviewed today on the cbs pregames show, and one guy asked if he would take a
2 year 60 million dollar offer, and I think they meant by the cowboys.

I thought it was interesting and odd, that Tony didnt say no, he didnt say yes either, but just smiled
and avoided the question twice.

So if offered more than that, he might just take it.

Right now Dallas has a fairly good defense for a change, but very bad offense.

I have to wonder if Tony could light things up with these recievers?
I think he would be using tavon, but not sure about the others.

Romotil45

Reaction score
They had Romo interviewed today on the cbs pregames show, and one guy asked if he would take a

I thought it was interesting and odd, that Tony didnt say no, he didnt say yes either, but just smiled

Romo hasn't played any significant football since 14'. That's over 3 years. Hes not coming back.

GenoT

Reaction score

:muttley::facepalm:

:popcorn:

Jordan1988

Reaction score
Romo should have never lost his spot in the first place! His last drive was evidence enough of how that offense should look. Only one incompletion and a touchdown. I would NEVER wish bad on no one BUT if Dak went down ( with a unqualified back in Conner) I definitely could see Romo back!

Swagger

Reaction score
Surely it's only a matter of time before Jerry Jones opens his eyes and realises that the Cowboys' defense is now legit and that in the NFL you can't get away with a backup / gimmick type of QB like Dak Prescott to get it done on offense - see Case Keenum last season and this.

So it's a question of how Jerry rectifies this issue. Common sense suggests it will be via next years draft.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He might take it if it was fully guaranteed, then promptly sprain his kissmyrump muscle in the first 2 minutes of his first practice and have to be placed on IR. Unfortunately the only therapy is 18 holes of golf every other day, while doctors evaluate his condition and decide it will take at least the length of his contract to fully "heal".

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The possibility of Romo making a return as our QB shouldn't even be a serious topic of discussion at this point. He's been amazingly successful as an analyst with CBS in a job that offers him time to be with his beautiful wife and kids. He'd be an idiot to give that up for a job that kept him away from them for many long hours and seasons away from his family. Anyone suggesting as much simply isn't being realistic. Forget it -- it won't happen.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Romo probably grossed close to $100 million throughout his career - let's say the govt taxed the snot out of him, that's still probably around $50 million in his bank account. And CBS pays him a couple million to be a broadcaster, just in case he needs some pocket money. I don't think money is a real factor to him at this point.

I think if his body cooperated, he'd still want to be out on a football field right now. But instead, he gets a cushy TV job that he's damn good at and millions of viewers love him for, he gets to play golf in the offseason, and he doesn't have to worry about getting blindsided by pass rushers on his way to the studio. I don't think there is any way he's coming back. He won't say no, cause IMO he still does want to play, but in the end, his health is too bad and his broadcasting job is too good for him to make a comeback.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7CT0.gif

“Romo is not coming back, is he?”

Epiphanies and coffee mugs are not a good combination but some people should seriously start using red Solo cups before it is too late.