Romo was asked today if he would come back for 60 million

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo probably grossed close to $100 million throughout his career - let's say the govt taxed the snot out of him, that's still probably around $50 million in his bank account. And CBS pays him a couple million to be a broadcaster, just in case he needs some pocket money. I don't think money is a real factor to him at this point.

I think if his body cooperated, he'd still want to be out on a football field right now. But instead, he gets a cushy TV job that he's damn good at and millions of viewers love him for, he gets to play golf in the offseason, and he doesn't have to worry about getting blindsided by pass rushers on his way to the studio. I don't think there is any way he's coming back. He won't say no, cause IMO he still does want to play, but in the end, his health is too bad and his broadcasting job is too good for him to make a comeback.
I agree, I just wonder why he didnt just say no, and I kinda wonder if the jones boys would make him a offer.
Not saying I want him back, or that he should , just found it interesting.

I dont think his health is as bad as some think.

Carter

Reaction score
While i agree that Romo would still be way better than Dak coming in now without practice he is 38 and hasnt played Football for 3 years. He was injury prone before and i dont think he wants to take a risk landing in a wheelchair cause he is even more unprepared in Terms of condition now.

Time to not look back but look at the Kid from Oregon. If im Jerry i would bring myself in a Position to draft him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This OL would get Romo killed. Dak has been a piñata this season.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
They had Romo interviewed today on the cbs pregames show, and one guy asked if he would take a
2 year 60 million dollar offer, and I think they meant by the cowboys.

I thought it was interesting and odd, that Tony didnt say no, he didnt say yes either, but just smiled
and avoided the question twice.

So if offered more than that, he might just take it.

Right now Dallas has a fairly good defense for a change, but very bad offense.

I have to wonder if Tony could light things up with these recievers?
I think he would be using tavon, but not sure about the others.

Signing your own death certificate for 60mil ain't worth it.

conner01

Reaction score
Romo hasn't played any significant football since 14'. That's over 3 years. Hes not coming back.
I get fans thinking we need to start thinking new QB
I don’t think what would give them any idea that Romo would are could be the answer

HungryLion

Reaction score
Romo wouldn’t lead this trash offense to a super bowl anyway.

Nothing against him, but he doesn’t have anyone to throw to either.

We would be better. But this team isn’t winning a super bowl either way. So it’s pointless.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
He isn’t coming back but if you threw in 60 mil guaranteed and removed Garret and kept Steven out of the picture he may entertain it. I still think it was those two that wouldn’t allow him to compete

BigD_95

Reaction score
Romo hasn't played any significant football since 14'. That's over 3 years. Hes not coming back.

But if he did come back he would be 100 times better than any QB we have. Jerry should be on his knees begging Romo and Dez to come back

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He isn’t coming back but if you threw in 60 mil guaranteed and removed Garret and kept Steven out of the picture he may entertain it. I still think it was those two that wouldn’t allow him to compete
How about this, 80 mil for 2 years, and Tony is HC OC and QB ~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!
Get dez back cheap, call terrel owens and tell him his qb needs him and to come on down!

I dont know if that gets them to SB but it would be fun to watch! :dance:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They had Romo interviewed today on the cbs pregames show, and one guy asked if he would take a
2 year 60 million dollar offer, and I think they meant by the cowboys.

I thought it was interesting and odd, that Tony didnt say no, he didnt say yes either, but just smiled
and avoided the question twice.

So if offered more than that, he might just take it.

Right now Dallas has a fairly good defense for a change, but very bad offense.

I have to wonder if Tony could light things up with these recievers?
I think he would be using tavon, but not sure about the others.

He made alot of mediocre recievers look good and made some of them alot of money, but i think if he came in now it would take a few weeks to get some chemistry going

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
While i don't believe this would ever happen at this point (I think Romo has moved on) if we lose this week to the Jags and both the Skins and Eagles lose this week i could see Jones getting antsy and making an offer for him to come back just because the division is so bad and having Romo back could make a difference. It would be a typical Jones move to try and make a splash

keysersoze

Reaction score
But if he did come back he would be 100 times better than any QB we have. Jerry should be on his knees begging Romo and Dez to come back
This is stupid. Romo is one sack away from a lifetime in a wheelchair. This is some dumb *** bs. How can Romo be better than anyone while in a body cast? He cannot withstand hits. As proven by his 2015 performances and his 2016 preseason fiasco. He’s too old and too brittle. You guys claim to love him so much, yet y’all wanna see him murdered. Just shut up. Please. This is moronic to say the least.