Romo will never win a SB with this team

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's just a stat guy who always finds a way to screw it up and either lose the game when one possession will win it or he gives it away with his gunslinging ways. Great guy but just chokes in the big games.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
0030.gif

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
http://i162.***BLOCKED***/albums/t270/cajuncocoa/Emoticons/corn.gif

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Recently on the Mike and Mike show, Randy Galloway stated he thought Romo would be better off with another team - at least ten would have him as a starter. Of course, that's not going to happen. But I do a "what if" Romo was on a team say Jim Harbaugh had a free reign? I think he still would not quite be like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, but pretty close. And yes, I'm conceding he's not one of the QBs just listed by suggesting it would take a coach like Jim Harbaugh to light a fire to get it done.

Hoov

Reaction score
As far as stats go, I dont like to use total passing yards because some teams call more runs and fewer passes so your not getting a true evaluation of all QB's just by looking at total yards. Also, some teams are always behind and get a lot of easy yards against a prevent defense which adds up over the course of the year.

Also Total TD's doesnt tell you much because some teams always run it inside the 10 and some teams rarely do.

So what stats are best to use ?

Probably QB rating. Completion percentage. Avg yards per pass is highly important to me. Just because you are a dink and dunk team that gives the QB a high completion % from easy throws does not really tell of the QB ability. As soon as those QB meet a good team where they have to throw downfield to compete they get exposed. I also think 3rd down conversion percentage is a good stat to look at, but that would include some 3rd and short that may be run plays, but still i think it is important to consider - at least in evalauting an offense.

As fas as evalauting Romo apart from stats i can say this much....

I dont have much confidence that a Romo led offense is ever going to control the tempo of a game and dictate to other teams - it has always been like a car that goes full speed or completely stalls.

As far as believing that at any moment Romo can lead a team to a quick 14 points at the end of the game - sure, i always feel like he can do that.

But I think there is something important to an offense having consistency and more sustained drives that i think leads to confidence and success that yields more consistent results over an entire season. But this is just my oppinion and presonal preference.

barney

Reaction score
I agree with some of what you're saying if its your debut or first playoff game etc than its understandable if you get spooked and fumble/throw a interception. but by now Romo should be able to handle the big games its not as if its against the good teams though he had a great game against the Broncos (not a big game) then they play the packers who have no Aaron Rodgers (big game) and he throws an interception.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's just a stat guy who always finds a way to screw it up and either lose the game when one possession will win it or he gives it away with his gunslinging ways. Great guy but just chokes in the big games.

Whew

I thought you for we're joking...or that maybe low football IQ UFC high-jacked your handle

This did not sound like you at all, but it worked tomfoolery anyway for a minute!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Whew

I thought you for we're joking...or that maybe low football IQ UFC high-jacked your handle

This did not sound like you at all, but it worked tomfoolery anyway for a minute!

I try to post a few articles every day although I don't always get to do it. Unless I say something then I'm just posting reading material.