Romo's interceptions

SDCowboy

Reaction score
He was never throwing the ball to Tanner.
He was throwing to Beasley who was open for a 1st down

Teams draw up plays with specific things in mind.
Tanner's job was very basic.
a) Run to flat to draw coverage there.

Payton would have had Tanner cut after the game for that.
It isn't like you can stare down the guy you are throwing to.
You have to trust them and the coverage.
The defense did what Dallas wanted. Ryans was going with Tanner. Had Tanner run tot he right spot that's an easy 1st down.

Blaming Romo shows a lack of football IQ.

I don't get the feeling we'll see a response. lol

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
If he had a cyrstal ball I'm sure he would to but on a 3 step drop the play is pretty much a bang bang play he has to get the ball out of there and these other paid professional need to be where they need to be that is part of the game. This is not backyard football

I'd need to see a replay but I don't think this was a three stop and throw like a slant would be. If I remember correctly, there was enough time for him to use Witten to look some coverage off beasley, Tanner was in blocking for a second or two before he came out and they were putting pressure up the middle.

I'm not saying Tanner did the right thing and I don't think that it's a big deal Romo threw the pass. Just saying I don't think it's out of the question for your QB to widen his vision a bit on a crossing route.

rcaldw

Reaction score
It's worth pointing out that Tony's not the only QB whose receivers sometimes let him down. He's a good player, though, and he's taking better care of the ball.

This. Every week in the NFL there are interceptions that bounce off hands, that involve a receiver running the wrong route, and yes, believe it or not, involve a QB making a poor decision or a poor throw.

That happens to Romo sometimes too, but not as often as some of his fans want to believe.

Personally, I am more proud of this season's performance by Romo than any season he has played for us. He is taking great care of the football. I don't give a rip whether he throws for 500 yards or 200, I don't care if he throws 5 TD's or 1.... I care that we WIN.

Winning isn't all on him, but winning is more on the QB than any other position because the ball is in his hands every play and he makes so many decisions for the offensive side of the ball.

I am excited to win a game like we did yesterday. It wasn't his best day. He wasn't flashy. But he made the plays that allowed us to win.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I'd need to see a replay but I don't think this was a three stop and throw like a slant would be. If I remember correctly, there was enough time for him to use Witten to look some coverage off beasley, Tanner was in blocking for a second or two before he came out and they were putting pressure up the middle.

I'm not saying Tanner did the wrong thing and I don't think that it's a big deal Romo threw the pass. Just saying I don't think it's out of the question for your QB to widen his vision a bit on a crossing route.

Except, Tanner did do the wrong thing. He and Romo both said so.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Except, Tanner did do the wrong thing. He and Romo both said so.

Sorry I mis-typed that. Meant to say I'm not saying Tanner did the right thing. It is absolutely clear that Tanner ran the wrong route. Fixed the post.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I guess the part that bothers me is The need for Garrett or someone else to justify his interceptions.

The media has misrepresented Romo's ability and success to the point where other media and fans feel the need to defend him even as a knee jerk. Truth is, he is a damn good QB and does make mistakes but all of us who understand hat we have a good QB should actually just ignore the noise. Personally, it is not easy to do for me but I can keep the haters in the appropriate context which is..... ignorant. I do support criticism of Romo where it is warranted and do not want to be hypocritical about being able to express opinions but using the criticism to paint him as a choker or having issues in big games is just an embarrassing display of football IQ.

rcaldw

Reaction score
As a follow up. If we are going to make a note for every time a receiver messes up and Romo has to take the credit for it on his stats sheet, then will we also note every time a throw is not in the best place and a receiver makes a very good catch and Romo gets the credit for it? Because yesterday that was happening a lot also. I saw SEVERAL plays where the ball was behind receivers, or the throw was short, and receivers made good plays on the ball. Remember, he got the completion and the yardage for those plays too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I'm not saying Tanner did the right thing and I don't think that it's a big deal Romo threw the pass. Just saying I don't think it's out of the question for your QB to widen his vision a bit on a crossing route.

Romo has good vision hell he take many busted plays and make big plays out of them. Tanner ran the wrong rout and it cost them. Romo will take the hit from the critics after all that is what the critics do they go after Romo with a a fricken clue. Hell I'm shocked Romo is not getting ripped for throwing more ints than TD in the game even if one was a hail mary.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was never throwing the ball to Tanner.
He was throwing to Beasley who was open for a 1st down

Teams draw up plays with specific things in mind.
Tanner's job was very basic.
a) Run to flat to draw coverage there.

Payton would have had Tanner cut after the game for that.
It isn't like you can stare down the guy you are throwing to.
You have to trust them and the coverage.
The defense did what Dallas wanted. Ryans was going with Tanner. Had Tanner run tot he right spot that's an easy 1st down.

Blaming Romo shows a lack of football IQ.

Surely you have to know that ball would have been completely behind Beasley with a defender right there? Again, Romo saw Tanner and threw to him, it was just late, not as late as the throw to Beasly would have been. I agree Tanner was in the wrong spot, but Romo was off as where a lot of his passes yesterday. Watch the 22 and get back to me, with you're football IQ.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
OMG, Romo had plenty of time to adjust and hit Tanner, but like MANY throws yesterday Romo threw it behind him. Good Lord, even Troy said more than once Tony was off. Check out the throw right before the first field goal. His throws have been off the mark for 2 weeks now.

Ya, he was throwing to Beasley who would have caught it.

This is your mulligan for the day

D1G

Reaction score
What's your point? Learn football.

It ain't got nothing to do with learning football. Whether its a wrong route or whatever. Someone feels the need to explain it, and it bothers me.

durrrr

Reaction score
It ain't got nothing to do with learning football. Whether its a wrong route or whatever. Someone feels the need to explain it, and it bothers me.

So knowing what happened on a play bothers you? How do you go through life like that?

D1G

Reaction score
So knowing what happened on a play bothers you? How do you go through life like that?

The play is over, don't really care about it. Just stop with the explanations. Is it a nit picking complaint? probably so.

durrrr

Reaction score
The play is over, don't really care about it. Just stop with the explanations. Is it a nit picking complaint? probably so.

Maybe you should just stop listening to post-game press conferences, as well as any and every interview conducted during the week...