Ron Rivera first coach fired after Jay Gruden

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I agree. It's funny seeing some fans on here who think we're too good for him.
Coming from a franchise that boasts Wade Phillips and Chan Gailey as hires from our demented GM.

We are as arrogant as the franchise is.

Dre11

Reaction score
He did, but here is what he said Monday about it (people here are gonna LOVE this)

"People talk about it's a process it's a process, well you know what? eventually the process has to be over as some point of time, because if you keep talking about the process you just handicap yourself because you're giving yourself an excuse"

I don't have a video, just saw it on SC

:cool:

And got himself fired....lol should've kept his mouth shut

Valkyr

Reaction score
You guys keep dreaming like Jeff Fisher isn't still out there for Jerry to hire.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Coming from a franchise that boasts Wade Phillips and Chan Gailey as hires from our demented GM.

We are as arrogant as the franchise is.
I keep thinking, who is the Wade Phillips out there now for Jerry to hire?

-Respected coordinator
-Veteran who has seen it all
-Average to below average head coach
-Fat

I come up with:

Romeo+Crennel+Houston+Texans+v+Arizona+Cardinals+LXpXTYlKYDkl.jpg

Or

hqdefault.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I keep thinking, who is the Wade Phillips out there now for Jerry to hire?

-Respected coordinator
-Veteran who has seen it all
-Average to below average head coach
-Fat

I come up with:

Romeo+Crennel+Houston+Texans+v+Arizona+Cardinals+LXpXTYlKYDkl.jpg

Or

hqdefault.jpg
Way too demanding. Come from Parcells.

Walking on egg shells no bueno.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The guy had to overcome Cam Newton for all those years. Tough to do.

Proof

Reaction score
no he would NOT..not one bit..sorry look above for what we all know.. Garett does not suck he is not terrible, he is on par with the likes of Rivera and thats not what we need.. we have a good coach we simply need a GREAT coach..

Rivera's just another average good coach.. No average retreads for our new coach.. if thats the case , keep Garett..
Garrett sucks.
Rivera probably reunited with Gettleman in NY

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
From Blogging the Boys:

Jason Garrett: 78-62, 3 division titles
Ron Rivera: 76-63-1, 3 division titles, 1 Super Bowl appearance
I’m a little shocked they are that close. Especially with that Super Bowl year. I didn’t know he was with the Panthers that long.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He has taken a team to a Super Bowl. That is not easy. Better than Garrett in every way.
Yeah but when you have one year like he did and then essentially suck ever since? That’s telling. His voice got stale. Not the type of coach we need here but as a coordinator that’s not a bad look.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Next up, Dan Quinn, Pat Shurmur, Doug Marrone, Anthony Lynn, along with Gruden and Rivera, there's your 6 pack.

Probably 7 coz there's always curve ball every year........resignation/surprise we didn't see coming.
I'd keep an eye on Bengals, Browns and Bronco's

MikeB80

Reaction score
Probably 7 coz there's always curve ball every year........resignation/surprise we didn't see coming.
I'd keep an eye on Bengals, Browns and Bronco's

I could see garrett ending up as on oc in denver.

quickccc

Reaction score
Just the way it should be by new HC, not by the GM or Owner.

the irony of it,...?

Had we hired Norv Turner as HC over Wade Phillips, but whispers had it that he was sure fired set on hiring his buddy Ted Cottrell as the DC ...and Cottrell was already reputed even at that time, to be
one of the worst DC's in the entire NFL.
Turner eventually was hired as HC of SD Chargers, he hired Cottrell as his DC, ...and Chargers had one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Had Turner hired Wade Phillips as DC, then who knows how the dynamics would have been played out down the road with a Romo/Turner/Wade trio.

Apparently It's not just the Cowboys that operate like that this,
- When Colts hired Tony Dungy on as HC, reports had it that they wanted the conservative by nature Dungy to retain (and not interefere) with long time OC Tom Moore,
- When Mike Nagy was hired on as HC of Bears, management reportedly wanted him to retain well regarded DC Vic Fangio.