Ron Springs in a coma

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Everyone put Ron in your prayers, and hope he pulls through this

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/football/stories/2007/10/16/springs.html?sid=101

Ron Springs, a former Ohio State captain and Dallas Cowboy running back, was in a coma in a Dallas hospital last night because of complications from a Saturday surgery, a family friend told The Dispatch.

Springs, 50, had a cyst removed from one his arms, said John Johnson, who has had close ties with the family since Springs transferred to OSU in 1976 from a junior college.

Shawn Springs, Ron's son and a former OSU All-America cornerback and current NFL player, reportedly was at his father's side.

Ron Springs was diagnosed with diabetes 17 years ago. In recent years he lost his right foot and two toes on his left foot because of complications. He underwent a successful kidney transplant in March. The donor was his close friend and former Cowboys teammate Everson Walls

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think this gets a sticky.

Pulling for you Ron. Shawn too.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best wishes for Ron and his family.

He sure has been through a great deal.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow...very sad.

Pulling for you Ron.

Prayers for your family.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Idi" as they called him was one of my favorites back in the late 70s and early 80s. I wish him well.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
What is the deal? I have heard of more people dying or going into comas after relatively minor surgery lately than every before.

There have been 3 people in our church in the last month or so that have gone into comas (2 in the hospital right now) after minor surgeries.

Unless they have to open up my chest, just give me a friggin local and a couple of shots of Jack and I'll deal with the pain!

I will add Ron to my list of people I am praying for right now.

Is there an anesthesiologist in the house that can address this?

Capt.Gut

Reaction score
If you have been transplanted, every new operation is an even greater risk to you. Even little things can get life threating very fast.

He is in my prayers.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Capt.Gut;1713498 said:
If you have been transplanted, every new operation is an even greater risk to you. Even little things can get life threating very fast.

He is in my prayers.

A very close friend has had a kidney and a heart transplant and feels like he is putting his life at risk every time they go in to do a biopsy to see how his heart is doing. Very scary.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Wow how disappointing. It was so heart warming when he was able to get the transplant from Walls. I have such admiraton for the two.

I sure hope he recovers. And soon.:(

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Horrible News ...... with everything he has been through .....

Keep Fighting Ron!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
definitely sorry to hear that...get well soon Ron, we're all praying for you

David

MS17

Reaction score
Sad news about a gallant Cowboy. Get well soon, Ron

28bringinthewood

Reaction score
Wow! Just Wow! My thoughts and prayers are with Ron and his family. As a kidney patient myself, I go through many surgeries (2 in the last month), and it scares the crap out of me. When you have had a kidney transplant(which I have not yet....I am waiting for my gift of life), it makes you so vulnerable. Keep fighting Ron!